IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 6:57am

Asslamu Alaikum

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلي على نبينا محمد و على أله و صحبه

1- I really like it when you ask about everything you do not understand. But I still say you need a scholar to explain to you the whole situation. I provided the previous hadith just to tell you the man should not use water for his wound because it harms him. He can do ghusl for the whole body but just wipe on his wound again if it doesn't harm me.  But I need to take a full answer from a scholar about the man's situation in this hadith.
    As for you, if you know the water might harm you in this weather, I read in a book that YEAH, YOU CAN USE THE SNOW for tayammum if there is no sand in the area. Smile

2 -As  for kicking the man, I also wanted to tell you that, it was in a gentle way, not in the tough way someone can imagine and the man loved it because this is the way they loved the prophet peace be upon him and all his movements. I wanted to tell you, he used to do many gentle movements to teach them and kicking  was like just one way to warn the man but it was NOT in the humiliating way someone can think. I guess you just saw the word and imagined that it was us not ok.. but it is fine with  their great love to him, the way he did it is never humiliating because he was never tough on anyone. Let me tell you this. If you love your friend sooooo much, he comes and kicks you saying: hey, long time you do not call, what will you do? will you think this is humiliating????

They loved him more than that, and he knew that well. Let me tell you this nice story.

Prophet Mohammed [pbuh] told the army to stand upright and straight, but he saw that Sawad was not upright in standing, so he ordered him to stand upright. Sawad told Prophet Mohammed that he would but did not stand as was ordered by the Prophet.

So the Messenger of Allah approached Sawad and pricked him with his Sewak �Tooth Cleanser� in the stomach and told him to stand upright. Sawad told the Prophet [pbuh] that he caused him pain in the stomach and Allah sent you with the right, so I would like to avenge, i.e. let me top take revenge from you for pricking with Sewak. Prophet Mohammed [pbuh] revealed his stomach and told Sawad to take revenge. But Sawad, hurriedly, knelt down and kissed his stomach saying that is what he wanted to do as he thought it was the last day for him and he would be martyred so he wished to touch the Prophet�s skin as the last thing he would do in this worldly existence.

This is really their way,, and if you were their, full of Iman and love to him, you  would never think he, peace be upon him, did a mistake.

HeartIf we are talking about him what would we say? 

The rest of your questions about things from Shyatan, are all from unseen things, that you believed in just because we are believers. Part of our faith is that you MUST believe in the unseen knowledge. And this is the difference between the Muslim and the NON_ Muslim. You can not see the Satan or what he does to you when you are sleeping. You just have to believe it cause the prophet peace be upon him said so. You can just feel you are lazy and depressed when  you are used to pray and one day you did not wake up for the prayer, someone used to cry so bad when they miss it. It is a matter on Iman when it comes to the unseen knowledge. 

About the suicide and those bombs some use to kill the innocent with, you should never be affected by the terrorists because they are ignorant and they never represent Islam. You must not believe those are doing Jihad. THOSE are just killing and in fact some people do brain washing to them and send them telling them that this is Jihad while they themselves will NEVER KILL THEMSELVES. They just sent the youth of Muslims wash their brain and lie to them.

Jihad is part of Islam to defend the Islamic country and spread Islam all over the world because it is the truth. BUT it has nothing to do with killing women, kids and innocent people. Muslims in Jihad are allowed to KILL JUST THE SOLDIERS. YOU see what I mean dear brother.Star

I must say again, go back to the base of your Islam, make it so strong and then start asking for knowledge..you will find answers for all your questions in sha Allah.

May Allah guide you and open your heart for more and stronger Iman. You must not waste the time.. you had to learn more and teach people who are still in the darkness. Smile

Edited by Full of Hopes - 29 January 2010 at 8:14am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 7:04am

Dear Brother,

Just want to tell you this.. In Islam, you have the whole right to sleep the way you like. Allah will NOT punish you if you like to sleep on your stomach. Some things about your lifestyle, the way you sleep, the way you eat after you eat with the right hand.. you can use a spoon a fork a knife or whatever,, Islam just tells you that if you want the Sunnah, the more rewards, you do this,, but you are still a good Muslim and fine if you sleep on your stomach or eat with a spoon..

Do not worry yourself about optional things that are just to make us live better and more polite.. lolBig%20smile

Allah Hafiz
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 6:32pm
As Salamu Alaikum

That was well-answered, sis. Subhan Allah.

There were two more questions unanswered

What about Aisha, why is she "favourite" wife? Isn't it against Quran?

Prophet {Sallal lahu alayhi wa sallam}, treated all his wife fairly. You must be knowing that. Regarding Ayesha RA being his favorite wife, that was because one can't be fair in regards to matters of heart. I mean, he may incline towards one wife for her good quality which he may not find in other, or may like an other wife for her other quality which first one may not possess. But otherwise, it is strictly commanded that one shud be fair, in regards with other rights.

What i learn from this hadith is , when Prophet sallal lahu alayhi wasallam was asked who is his favorite wife, he answered promptly answered Ayesha'. And when was asked about companion he likes most, he again answered Abu Bakr RA, promptly. This would teach us not be diplomatic, but straight forward. Anyways, slightly deviated from your question.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 6:53pm
And why did revelations about her not committing adultary came so late? ..

Brother, that was a period of trial, personally to Ayesha RA, as well as all the people there. We see different type of people, few supporting her, few spreading gossips --- and many more. If the revelations were immediately sent, the hypocrisy of people would not have known at all. There are many lessons to be learnt out of this happening. It teaches us how to face and react in such conditions. Is n't it !

One of the revelations then were : 'And why did you not, when you heard it, say: "It is not right for us to speak of this" - Does this not teach is how to react if we hear such slanderings against any woman ? If the revelations were immediate, we would not have got to learn so many lessons out of it. Though, it was then a trial to Ayesha RA, but she is a role model for all muslimahs, as how to face such slanderings. Its very tough for any women to be in such conditions.

Edited by seekshidayath - 29 January 2010 at 6:54pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
calvindamenace View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 12:54pm
Asslamu Alaikum

1. "But I still say you need a scholar to explain to you the whole situation." Well, would anyone by any chance know a place online where a scholar would answer me?

2.As for a kicking a man.. would you please read this: "Another Hadith is the one narrated by Abu Umama (May Allah be pleased with him) he said: “When the Prophet (peace be upon him) passed a man sleeping on his front in the mosque he hit him with his feet and said: wake up and seat as this is a diabolic sleep”, He (pbuh) KICKED HIM WITH HIS FEET!! so I take it wasn't like a friendly kick from your friend "hey, long time no see", don't you think?

3."The rest of your questions about things from Shyatan, are all from unseen things, that you believed in just because we are believers. Part of our faith is that you MUST believe in the unseen knowledge." I see, well that's not what I was told. A brother that introduced me to islam reassured me that islam unlike christianity has reasoning in EVERYTHING and IT'S NOT A BLIND FAITH unlike christianity.. Let me quote from www.journeytoislam.com/Hear/Reasoning%20in%20Islam%20attracts%20me.htm "Muslims believe that Islam is a term synonymous with truth, and that under the glorious and ever-brilliant sun of Islam, by the light of reason and knowledge, truth can be obtained but in order to obtain that knowledge, and thus attain that truth, man must use his reasoning faculties.", "One of the glories of Islam is that it is founded upon reason, and that it never demands from its followers an abnegation of that important mental faculty. Unlike certain other faiths, which insist upon their votaries implicitly accepting certain dogmas without independent inquiry, but simply on the authority of "The Church", Islam courts inquiry and counsels its disciples to study, search and investigate prior to acceptation. The Holy Prophet, of ever-blessed memory, said: "Allah hath not created anything better than reason, the benefits which Allah giveth are on its account, and understanding is begotten of it.".. Well, that sure makes sence unlike of what you've said.. accepting something on faith, blindly without explanation is unacceptable to me, what if your message is wrong.. and I blindly follow you.. that just might cost me an eternity. Thanks, but no.

4."Why did he married more than the others? I just want to add my few cents. You should read the biography of the prophet peace be upon him to know that there was a reason for marring everyone of his wives. Some political reason, some social reason,, and some other reasons." Fine, explain to me what was the reason to marry Zayd's ex-wife? And here's a passage for you to read: "I drove them along until I brought them to Abu Bakr who bestowed that girl upon me as a prize. So we arrived in Medina. I had not yet disrobed her when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) met me in the street and said: “Give me that girl.” (Sahih Muslim 4345)" What was a reason to ask for that girl?

5.As for Aisha, I red what you've said. Yet in my mind, somehow, I find it difficult that relevation came exactly month later.. Seems to me that it would be enough for any woman to have a menstrual cycle..

P.S. Explanations are more then welcome.

Edited by Uri S - 30 January 2010 at 2:58pm
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 11:07pm
Wa'laikum Salam wa rahmatullah,

2.As for a kicking a man.. would you please read this: "Another Hadith is the one narrated by Abu Umama (May Allah be pleased with him) he said: �When the Prophet (peace be upon him) passed a man sleeping on his front in the mosque he hit him with his feet and said: wake up and seat as this is a diabolic sleep�, He (pbuh) KICKED HIM WITH HIS FEET!! so I take it wasn't like a friendly kick from your friend "hey, long time no see", don't you think?

Brother, be it Qur'an or hadith, we cannot get the exact meaning and depth of the ayah until we learn arabic and understand it. One word of arabic gives different meanings and understanding, as per the context. Just recently attended a lecture and it was said - Even if you have read all the translations of Qur'an in different languages, you have n't really read and understood Qur'an untill you learn to understand arabic".

What i intend to say is, when we read the hadith in arabic and understand it,we then understand the real meaning of it.

haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 3:19am
Peace Uri,

First of all i welcome you to Islam.May GOD guide u and all of us to the truth.It is really amazing and nice to see your doubts about Islam and i applaud ur courage to question the beliefs in Islam.God has certainly chosen you to be guided.Praise be to him Alone.I perfectly understand your confusions regarding certain things and i find it not surprising at all that you stopped praying becoz of them.It is better to understand and clear things up rather than following a faith blindly.Islam like u mentioned is not a blind faith.God does not want people to have doubts and follow it blindly without reasoning .And this can be seen throughout the Quran.

[3:60] This is the truth from your Lord; do not harbor any doubts.

God asks us to not just read the Quran but "study" the Quran.Study involves critical analysis.And its perfectly alright to do so.

I see many who wrote Quran cannot be studied without Hadith and that it is not detailed. This is totally against God's repeated assertions in the Quran that it is easy to learn,perfect,complete and fully detailed.
[6:114] Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?* Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt.

[54:17] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[54:22] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[54:32] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[54:40] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[7:185] Have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all the things GOD has created? Does it ever occur to them that the end of their life may be near? Which Hadith, beside this, do they believe in?

[12:111] In their history, there is a lesson for those who possess intelligence. This is not fabricated Hadith; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, provides the details of everything, and is a beacon and mercy for those who believe.

[31:6] Among the people, there are those who uphold baseless Hadith, and thus divert others from the path of GOD without knowledge, and take it in vain. These have incurred a shameful retribution.

[34:53] They have rejected it in the past; they have decided instead to uphold conjecture and guesswork.*

[39:23] GOD has revealed herein the best Hadith; a book that is consistent, and points out both ways (to Heaven and Hell). The skins of those who reverence their Lord cringe therefrom, then their skins and their hearts soften up for GOD's message. Such is GOD's guidance; He bestows it upon whomever He wills. As for those sent astray by GOD, nothing can guide them.

[39:29] GOD cites the example of a man who deals with disputing partners (Hadith), compared to a man who deals with only one consistent source (Quran). Are they the same? Praise be to GOD; most of them do not know.

Now as far as your question regarding the Prophet kicking a man is concerned,i have to say that this is nothing but lies attributed to the prophet.The prophet was blessed with a great moral character.

(68:4] You are blessed with a great moral character.

The above claims that the Prophet did not kick the man hardly but softly  seems to be a desperate attempt to justify the blasphemous Hadith.The truth is that this is nothing but a lie.I advise you to focus on the Quran alone as sources other than the perfect Quran will confuse you.This is not my opinion but as u can see from the above verses, it is a direct commandment from your LORD.The ones who say that Quran isnt sufficient are nothing but disbelievers of the Quran.There is no middle position.You either believe that the Quran is complete and fully detailed as mentioned in the Quran or you dont.There is no ifs or buts.The ones with ifs or buts harbour doubts in their minds and dont trust their GOD.

Now with regards to your issue of Salat in a cold place like urs all i can suggest is look into the Quran.
[5:6] O you who believe, when you observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), you shall: (1) wash your faces, (2) wash your arms to the elbows, (3) wipe your heads, and (4) wash your feet to the ankles. If you were unclean due to sexual orgasm, you shall bathe. If you are ill, or traveling, or had any digestive excretion (urinary, fecal, or gas), or had (sexual) contact with the women, and you cannot find water, you shall observe the dry ablution (Tayammum) by touching clean dry soil, then rubbing your faces and hands. GOD does not wish to make the religion difficult for you; He wishes to cleanse you and to perfect His blessing upon you, that you may be appreciative.

I would like to bring to your attention that God has to be always our number one priority.Performing the contact prayers is a very important duty.Therefore,when it comes to our salats we set aside everything else or rearrange our lives so that there is no probs in performing the salats.We have to preplan things as far as possible so that we dont miss our prayers.Im sure in your town there are restaurants or shops with washrooms and also may be public toilets that you can use to do your ablution even if you are travelling.During these times,by God's mercy finding water is not much of an issue i guess.I dont know how practical it is in cold countries but if ur travel is preplanned you may also try somehow carrying some water with you.The bottom line is that we do all possible and strive to worship GOD.And when u strive and have the intentions to do so,believe me GOD will never put you in a situation where worshipping him becomes a hassle in anyway.

Finally remember,God has made this wonderful religion easy to practice.People make it harder with their innovations and additions,God doesnot.There is no nonsense in the Quran.It is easy to study and easy to practice in our lives. Praise be to GOD the lord of the universe.

Peace.  

ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 3:56am

Peace Uri,

The below is for your kind reference.

Polygamy was a way of life until the Quran was revealed 1400 years ago. When the earth was young and under-populated, polygamy was one way of populating it and bringing in the human beings needed to carry out God's plan. By the time the Quran was revealed, the world had been sufficiently populated, and the Quran put down the first limitations against polygamy.

Polygamy is permitted in the Quran, but under strictly observed circumstances. Any abuse of this divine permission incurs severe retribution. Thus, although polygamy is permitted by God, it behooves us to examine our circumstances carefully before saying that a particular polygamous relationship is permissible.

Our perfect example here is the prophet Muhammad. He was married to one wife, Khadijah, until she died. He had all his children, except one, from Khadijah. Thus, she and her children enjoyed the Prophet's full attention for as long as she was married to him; twenty-five years. For all practical purposes, Muhammad had one wife - from the age of 25 to 50. During the remaining 13 years of his life, he married the aged widows of his friends who left many children. The children needed a complete home, with a fatherly figure, and the Prophet provided that. Providing a fatherly figure for orphans is the only specific circumstance in support of polygamy mentioned in the Quran (4:3).

Other than marrying widowed mothers of orphans, there were three political marriages in the Prophet's life. His close friends Abu Bakr and Omar insisted that he marry their daughters, Aisha and Hafsah, to establish traditional family ties among them. The third marriage was to Maria the Egyptian; she was given to him as a political gesture of friendship from the ruler of Egypt.

This perfect example tells us that a man must give his full attention and loyalty in marriage to his wife and children in order to raise a happy and wholesome family.

The Quran emphasizes the limitations against polygamy in very strong words: "If you fear lest you may not be perfectly equitable in treating more than one wife, then you shall be content with one." (4:3) "You cannot be equitable in a polygamous relationship, no matter how hard you try." (4:129)

The Quranic limitations against polygamy point out the possibility of abusing God's law. Therefore, unless we are absolutely sure that God's law will not be abused, we had better resist our lust and stay away from polygamy. If the circumstances do not dictate polygamy, we had better give our full attention to one wife and one set of children. The children's psychological and social well-being, especially in countries where polygamy is prohibited, almost invariably dictate monogamy. A few basic criteria must be observed in contemplating polygamy:

1. It must alleviate pain and suffering and not cause any pain or suffering.

2. If you have a young family, it is almost certain that polygamy is an abuse.

3. Polygamy to substitute a younger wife is an abuse of God's law (4:19).

ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic