IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help
    Posted: 10 March 2010 at 8:49am
No Calvin, its not hard to answer, but am messed up with your questions. And as the thread is turning to many pages, many subjects to crop up. You may kindly start a thread over one subject, we will discuss that, insha Allah.

By the way, you said, you believe in Allah, but you are not okay with Qur'an , sayings of Prophet either. Our discussions would lead us to nowhere. When you believe that there in Allah, you shud also believe in Allah's word

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
calvindamenace View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 11:40pm
I didn't get what you are trying to say? You want to close this thread and have me asking questions somewhere else? Or that we should talk only about one subject? Well I tried that

P.S. Probably hard to answer to some of my questions.. even to yourself.

Edited by calvindamenace - 10 March 2010 at 2:38am
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 5:54am
It seeks lots of time to continue discussions with you, Calvin. Its not that i want to give up, but again its not good that you keep waiting for our replies, and we are late to respond. Calvin, why don't you share one question at a relavant section, starting one thread for it. I understand, that you are a genuine seeker, so i did not give up, but some time messed as whats happening and what is the point to be discussed.

What do you say, we will stop here and continue with one subject of discussion at one thread ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 2:58am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

It is impossible to speak face to face with a muslim if there are none in your area.
That is often why reverts come here..to learn.
Do any scholars come here to teach? MAybe they should?
THe forum itself would be a good place for them to get the truth across. MAybe that could be suggested?

NO sister, ma sha Allah, it is not even hard to meet a scholar. They are everywhere and ready to help. Especially for the man, because it is easier for him to travel and meet them even in their countries.
 And sister, now with the internet, there is nothing impossible. Search the net. Find a scholar who is following the Quraan and Sunnah and has no false believes like denying the hadith or cursing the Sahbah.  I think there are so many famous names. Find the way you can meet him. He must put his email or his phone number. It is NEVER NEVER difficult for the truth seeker to find a way. Smile

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 6:11am
It is impossible to speak face to face with a muslim if there are none in your area.
That is often why reverts come here..to learn.
Do any scholars come here to teach? MAybe they should?
THe forum itself would be a good place for them to get the truth across. MAybe that could be suggested?

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 2:45am

Peace,

The verse(22:253)points out clearly that GOD gave certain ranks to certain messengers.And this is absolutely true but you seem to miss the point here.God has the right to make a distinction amoung his messengers.He spoke to Moses and he called Abraham a dear friend etc etc.So it is he who has the only right to make any kind of distinction amoung messengers.It is very clear that as believers,we cannot make any such distinction amoung the messengers of GOD.For us they are all equal.I would like you to show a verse where believers are given the right to make any such distinction.

Peace!

ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 12:25am

Anyway, dear brother I am so busy to come here all the time. I told you before get to know a scholar and ask all of your questions. It is here like you will not finish with the questions because to learn Islam, you need to talk to someone face to face. Smile

Then you need to be honest with  yourself and ask yourself: Do you ask to know the truth? or Ask to show that Islam is not the truth?
  If you mean the first then you will find it, in sha Allah. Juat keep trying.Smile

But if you want the second, you will never reach it if you spent ages here. Confused

Edited by Full of Hopes - 06 March 2010 at 3:44am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 12:14am
Originally posted by calvindamenace calvindamenace wrote:

Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

"I am the most honorable messenger, on the day of the judgment only I will think of my people" (Bukhary 97/36).

First of all thanks for tthe answer, but as far as I see it totally contradicts with quran cause it stated clearly in it that there's no distinction between prophets. Here are verses:

"The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in All�h, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)." 2:285

"Say (O Muslims), "We believe in All�h and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibr�him (Abraham), Ism�'il (Ishmael), Ish�que (Isaac), Ya'q�b (Jacob), and to Al-Asb�t [the twelve sons of Ya'q�b (Jacob), and that which has been given to M�sa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Isl�m)." 2:136

BUT dear brother the Quraan is clear about this also in this aya:

تِلْكَ الرُّسُلُ فَضَّلْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ ۘ مِّنْهُم مَّن كَلَّمَ اللَّهُ ۖ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَهُمْ
دَرَجَاتٍ ۚ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ الْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ ۗ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلَ الَّذِينَ مِن بَعْدِهِم مِّن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ وَلَـٰكِنِ اخْتَلَفُوا فَمِنْهُم مَّنْ آمَنَ وَمِنْهُم مَّن كَفَرَ ۚ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلُوا وَلَـٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفْعَلُ مَا يُرِيدُ

(2:253)  Those apostles We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the holy spirit. If Allah had so willed, succeeding generations would not have fought among each other, after clear (Signs) had come to them, but they (chose) to wrangle, some believing and others rejecting. If Allah had so willed, they would not have fought each other; but Allah Fulfilleth His plan.

So as you see dear brother, Allah in Quraan tells us that some of them are above some. So you just need to be back to what i said before if you really the truth.

We as believers believe in all prophets peace be upon them and we are not allowed to deny any prophet, that is the aya that you mentioned: We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers"

Then Allah put some above some according to his wisdom, masha Allah

Pretty conviniet to have two explanations I tell you. And it's even better to have 'em stated as correct ones at the same time, even that they both contradict each other. Can it get any better for a scholar?  
I think I answered you very clear if you wish to know the truth,,And I told you that you need to know the purpose of a hadith beofre using it. this is what we call: the Munasbah: The time this hadith was said and why. Smile

Edited by Full of Hopes - 06 March 2010 at 3:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic