IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to deal with hurt & sorrow ...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to deal with hurt & sorrow ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to deal with hurt & sorrow ...
    Posted: 25 January 2010 at 9:15am
As'sallamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

In line with SeeksHidayath's suggestion that we make the "Youth" section more active, thought to post some effective ways to deal with hurt, sorrow, depression, sadness - you name it !

Well, all Muslims - young and old alike go through sad moments in life, but I guess its difficult for you young muslims to deal with such issues. Especially if you have a heard time expressing yourself . . .  yes, spilling your inner-most secrets to others helps. . . but try and avoid that unless the person is a VERY RELIABLE friend, or a parent, or sibling. Don't blindly trust "all" "friends" with your inner feelings, especially if it is something you wish to keep secret.

The BEST way to vent and unleash that fury of emotions, IS TO ALLAH s.w.t.

However, don't utter any words of kufr, shirk or blasphemy - some of us tend to get carried away with our complaints to Allah, and "why did You do this" "You always do this to me" . . . .

Allah loves us 70 times more than our own mothers !!! (Sahih Hadith) Would a mother let her child remain in sorrow ? No ! So put your trust in Allah, and talk to Him.

• Pray 2 Nafl Salaat
For some of you it may seem like a "drag" (don't know how else to put it, May Allah forgive me! lol). But trust me, it doesnt even take 10minutes. And you will feel much much better later. If you feel lazy, just say "Aazubillah" because that was the Shaitan Wink. InshAllah you shall feel much lighter & better later.

• Make Dua:
Preferably somewhere private. Best times to make Dua are before Fajr, (Tahajjud Time), that is when Allah (swt) descends to the lowest heaven, and calls out to His believers "Is there anyone who needs to be forgiven, so that I may forgive him?, Is there anyone who wants something so I may give it to him?" (Hadith Qudsi) - subhanAllah !

The following Duas have really good wordings, so make sure you read these duas. Print them out, and keep them with you - to recite whenever you feel down. (I do not have sources for these duas with me at the moment, will InshAllah post later if I can find. However, the meanings still are very poignant & relevant)

Supplication for one afflicted by a calamity:

�To Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, recompense me for my affliction and replace it for me with something better.�

Supplication when stricken with a mishap or overtaken by an affair:

�The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allaah, than the weak believer and there is goodness in both. Strive for that which will benefit you, seek help from Allaah and do not despair. If a mishap should happen to befall you then do not say � If only I had acted�.such and such would have happened�. Rather say:
�Allaah has decreed and what He wills, He does�.
� for verify �If� lets in the work of the devil.�

Maybe the reason why you are currently facing troubles, is because Allah is reminding you of something. Perhaps you have been negligent, and this is Allah's way of tightening your rope, and bringing you nearer to Him. For this is an unfortunate truth about us humans, that we forget Allah in our good times, and usually turn to Him in need & dispair. Its a natural human tendency.

Indeed Allaah rebukes due to negligence and slackness, but take to determination and caution, and if a matter should overtake you then say:
Allaah is sufficient for me, and how fine a trustee (He is).�

Supplication for one whose affairs have become difficult

O Allaah, there is no ease except in that which You have made easy, and You make difficulty, if You wish, easy.�

Sometimes when we think our Duas are bieng ignored (which they are not ! Its probably not the right thing for you, in either duniya (this world) or aakhirah (hereafter). We tend to focus on Duniyah, and forget that maybe our Dua was not fulfilled because it could be bad for our Deen, Imaan or aakhirah. ) some of us start to waver in our Faith & Imaan. If that happens, (God Forbid) - don't just sit there, do something about it:

Supplication for one afflicted with doubt in his faith

In%20Arabic Dua%20in%20Arabic

In%20English
  • He should seek refuge in Allaah
  • He should renounce that which is causing such doubt.
  • He should say:
    �I have believed in Allaah and His Messengers.�

�None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah Forbearing. None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, Lord of the magnificent throne. None has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the Earth and Lord of the noble throne.�

Supplication for anxiety and sorrow

�O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur�aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.�

If your distressed state is giving you bad dreams:

Upon experiencing unrest, fear, apprehensiveness and the like during sleep

�I take refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from His anger and punishment and from the evil of His servants, and from the madness and appearance of devils.�

InshAllah I hope this helps someone out there in thier time of distress. If these Duas do help, please make Dua for me as well. Embarrassed.

PS: All duas are from Qur'an & Sunnah according to the website I got them from. This is a very good compilation, so do pass this around and get the reward. InshAllah http://www.makedua.com/

Edited by Chrysalis - 25 January 2010 at 9:35am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2010 at 3:27am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

That was a good sharing Sis.

Missing you !
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 11:04pm
salam

Jaza jaza kalla hu khair

excellent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic