IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question For the Men!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question For the Men!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christainwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question For the Men!!!
    Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:19pm
What is your opinion on a wife?? What is expected of her? What do you think she should AND shouldn't do????
Thank you
Taryn
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:05pm

Christainwoman,

I am sure that many of the brothers here will respond to your thread, many with great wisdom; however, the person you need to speak with most about this matter is the man that wants to marry you.  You need to find out from him what views he holds with respect to marriage.  It is not enough for him simply to say he is a Muslim.  I strongly suggest you look at some Muslim web sites and listen to the men here and then discuss what you have learned with the man who you are in love with.  Below is a web link to an e-book version of the book Islam in Focus.  It is an excellent book on Islam and it is easy for one who was not raised Muslim to understand.  It will give you basic information and there is a section on marriage.  You can read it on line or download it to your computer.  It was very helpful to me at the time I reverted to Islam.

http://free.freespeech.org/sultan/islaminfocus.pdf#search='I slam%20in%20Focus'

PAZ, Khadija

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:38pm

I'll give you my impression and my opinion:

First off, a woman must be first, intelligent beautiful and devoted/serious for a relationship with me. Her goal must be to expand her love of God through Islam and finalize it through the love of marriage. I believe in the trinity of charatcer: Intelligence, devotion (which also includes communition) and beauty. What I mean by devotion is that she must be serious about a marriage. She must know when to take charge and know when to not take charge. I believe that relationships can work this way if both parties are willing to gain and shed power iin certain situations. However this is my own idealistic thought on relationships. I believe that a woman should be beautiful in the sense of personality. It must be colorful.

I dislike women with bagagge as this will bring a relationship down. any woman who continues to dwell on her past relationships will not only continue to dwell on those memories but cannot move forwards in another relationship. I believe the beauty in failure must be that the person has the ability to move forward and learn. I believe intelligence is important because in order to be successful in a marriage a woman must have the intelligence to be responsible enough to sustain her part of a marriage. She must communicate well and must have her own mind. She must be willfully strong in mind, body and soul. I would also like a woman I can be physically attracted to because this I believe is also naturally. However one does not have to look a certain way to be attractive but there must be some physically chemistry nonetheless. This goes both ways.

To me this is what I would like in a woman.

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:00pm
A Muslim woman should be brave and strong yet soft and humble. She should be modest and a good sister, wife friend and daughter ect. to the best of her abilities. She should expect others to treat her like the gem she is and find a husband who will love and protect her and be a good father. Then if she becomes a mother she should love and teach her children to be smart and huble to the best of her ability. That is my opinion.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Saido View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:04pm

Asalamu Alaykum

I think that Brother Israfil explained it beautifully which both woman and man would agree is what makes a marriage work.

christainwoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christainwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 6:12pm
Thank you all for your posts. I am trying to find out what muslim men think of muslim women.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 7:31pm
Well whatever I said what I would like in a woman also is the same resounding echo for what I wouuld like in a Muslim woman.
mojavaid36 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojavaid36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 4:22am
She should be able to wash, clean cook and iron. period.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic