IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wudu /Ablution  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wudu /Ablution

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wudu /Ablution
    Posted: 08 January 2010 at 1:49am

Bismillah

One of the greatest aspects of our Deen is the purification of a Muslim and its relationship with our Emaan. The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said in the well-known hadeeth, �Purification is half of emaan.� [Muslim]

Since we are in winter now, you may need an extra push to keep renewing your wudu because of the cold weather. InshaAllah the purpose of this post is to serve as a reminder as well as some motivation :) Allah subhanahu wa ta�ala says in the ayah of Wudu,�Allah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His Favor to you that you may be thankful.� (5:6)

The Sunnah of the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam is to constantly be in a state of Wudu. Once a companion entered upon the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam and greeted him. The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam did not return the salutation to him until he performed ablution. He then apologized to the companion saying: I disliked remembering Allah except in the state of purification. (Sunan Abi Dawood, Saheeh)

Benefits of Wudu:

1) Expiation of sins.

• �He who performs the Wudu perfectly (i.e., according to Sunnah), his sins will depart from his body, even from under his nails.� [Muslim]
  • He who performs Wudu like this, his previous sins will be forgiven and his Salat and walking to the mosque will be considered as supererogatory act of worship.� [Muslim].
  • �When a Muslim, or a believer, washes his face (in the course of Wudu), every sin which he committed with his eyes, will be washed away from his face with water, or with the last drop of water; when he washes his hands, every sin which is committed by his hands will be effaced from his hands with the water, or with the last drop of water; and when he washes his feet, every sin his feet committed will be washed away with the water, or with the last drop of water; until he finally emerges cleansed of all his sins.� [Muslim]

2) The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam will recognize his Ummah from their traces of Wudu

• Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam went to the (Baqi`) cemetery and said, �May you be secured from punishment, O dwellers of abode of the believers! We, if Allah wills, will follow you. I wish we see my brothers.� The Companions said, �O Messenger of Allah! Are not we your brothers?� He said, �You are my Companions, but my brothers are those who have not come into the world yet.� They said; �O Messenger of Allah! How will you recognize those of your Ummah who are not born yet?� He said, �Say, if a man has white-footed horses with white foreheads among horses which are pure black, will he not recognize his own horses?� They said; �Certainly, O Messenger of Allah!� He said, �They (my followers) will come with bright faces and white limbs because of Wudu�; and I will arrive at the Haud (Al-Kauthar) ahead of them.� [Muslim]

3) The Believers will be recognized by their traces of Wudu on the Day of Judgment

• �On the Day of Resurrection, my followers (or Ummah) will be summoned �Al-Ghurr Al-Muhajjalun� from the traces of Wudu�. Whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so.� [Al-Bukhari and Muslim] Imma Nawawi rahimahullah explains this name,

�The word �Ghurr� is the plural of �Agharr� which means shining or white. It is used for animals (like a horse), i.e., a white mark on its face. Here, it refers to that radiance which will issue from the brows of the believers on the Day of Resurrection and which will make them prominent. Muhajjalun is from Tahjil which also means whiteness but it is used for that whiteness which is found on all the four or at least on three legs of a horse. Here, it refers to that light which will shine through the hands and feet of the believers because of their habit of performing Wudu�. This means that the believers among the Muslims will be distinguished from other communities by virtue of the radiance issuing from their faces, hands and feet on the Day of Resurrection in the same way that a horse with a white forehead is easily distinguised from other horses.�

4) Wudu is a radiance and the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam encouraged the Believers to increase in it.

• Whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so.� [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

5) The adornment of a Believer in Jannah will reach up to where the water reached his body.

• �The adornment of the believer (in Jannah) will reach the places where the water of Wudu reaches (his body).� [Muslim]

6) Saying the supplication after wudu is a means of entering Jannah

• �Whoever of you performs Wudu carefully and then affirms: `Ash-hadu an la ilaha illallahu Wahdahu la sharika Lahu, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan `abduhu wa Rasuluhu [I testify that there so no true god except Allah Alone, Who has no partners and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger],� the eight gates of Jannah are opened for him. He may enter through whichever of these gates he desires (to enter).� [Muslim]

7) Performing Wudu in hardship effaces the sins and elevates the ranks

• The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said, �Shall I not tell you something by which Allah effaces the sins and elevates ranks (in Jannah)?� The Companions said; �Certainly, O Messenger of Allah.� He said, �Performing the Wudu thoroughly in spite of difficult circumstances, walking with more paces to the mosque, and waiting for the next As-Salat (the prayer) after observing Salat; and that is Ar-Ribat, and that is Ar-Ribat.� [Muslim] Imam Nawawi rahimahullah says,

�Hardship and unpleasantness here stand for the uneasiness that one feels while performing Wudu� in severe cold. To wait for the next Salat after offering a Salat is regarded as Ribat for the reason that by so doing, a person who is particular in offering Salat keeps himself constantly engaged in the obedience and worship of Allah to keep Satan away from him.�

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic