IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbird80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage
    Posted: 30 December 2009 at 5:02am

Sallam Walekum,

I have got married to a muslim man and as their parents wished to convert me during marriage as i was basically from Hindu religion.But i havent informed my parents as they asked me a promise not to loose my religion at any cost,with that condition they accepted our marriage.I have only did that because i loved the person very much and i dont want to loose him.After got converted now i am having full faith in Allah, but the only problem i am facing is at times i got really upset because i have ditched my parents and i am trying myself to hide this info from my family. So is that i am doing something wrong..?Whenever after Namaz, i do pray for only one thing in my life is till my death, my family shouldnt come to know about the conversion of my religion..Please help me to get rid of this worry..

Khuda Hafiz

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 8:59pm
AsalamAlykum,
dear sister you should maintain your relationship with your parents and show them that you love them, as Allah commands us to do. As parents they will be happy to see you happy and being good to them.
Have faith in Allah, and practice what Islam is all about, show kindness and love to them, and you will see the results, Inshahllah.
About your becoming a Muslimah, they will know it sooner or later, so don't try to hide, as when you pray and fast, they will know it. That you can leave for them to decide, how they would react, but as far as you are concerned, show kindness and love, and pray for them that Allah open their hearts for your and for your choice, the truth, and who knows!
Allah's Mercies are endless!
Take care, may Allah help you and help us all, Ameen.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 30 December 2009 at 9:01pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

newbird80 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbird80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 2:41am
Salaam,
Thank you for your reply and suggestion..its so kind of you..
I am maintaing the relationship with my parents till now also.. but as they are very old and cant able to handle the situation if i tell them the truth that i have got converted. As of now i am living abroad and not nearby my parents, so they are not having so much chance to get to know my conversion. Whenever they come to stay with us, my hubby help me in hiding this from them. Because they are very happy about our marriage life and my hubby also dont want to make them upset by telling this truth.

Edited by newbird80 - 31 December 2009 at 2:41am
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 9:50am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Welcome to Islamicity newbird.

Congragulations on being a muslim.

When we look at sahabas lives, few sahabas, did not let know of their new faith soon. But gradually, it was known. I want you to let know of your faith, because, tomorrow, you shud n't regret that you did not invite them towards Islam. For the sake of peace in your life you are forgetting the FOREVER life of your parents.

What i suggest is sis, you slowly talk to them of Islam. Let their mind incline towards Islam. If possible send them books, or CDs. Don't directly them that you are a muslim, but prepare them mentally. Even if they get raged, that would be for few days, but later insha Allah, when you explain them THE TRUTH, insha Allah, even they shall embrace Islam. If you think these things are n't possible, those are whisperings from satan. Duas make everything possible. Surely, Allah swt shall help you, when you start up.

Start up this process by making lots and lots of dua. Don't panic and get back. As brother honeto suggested, be very kind to them. Infact i suggest, be more kind to them and respect them, than before. This shall help them realise that your new religion changed you towards better. Any hurts, you receive in this process, bear them with patience, surely after every hardship there's relief. This is the promise of Allah swt, Have complete trust in Him.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic