IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - illegal immigrants  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

illegal immigrants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisdomseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 3:55am
Assalamu alaikum sister Martha,

Deciding on other people's fate, is a far off thing, i meant commenting on someone's eternal fate, perhaps i used the wrong word (decide).

Moreover, it is not because you commented on muslims that you are being "corrected" here (that was not what i intended to do, but just politely bring to your notice that you might be just overstepping ) , it is because whether muslim or non muslim we are just not doing the right thing when we comment on someone's fate on the judgment day. As for me, I try staying away from making all kinds of judgmental comments whether they be about muslims or non muslims.

See, what we know for sure, we can at least comment on that, but even this not without caution. Like, we know that a certain non muslim, who is dead, died on a religion other than islam, will go to hell. But a muslim on other hand who believes in Allah, shall go to heaven though may be after suffering his own amount of punishments in the hell for the wrongs he did.

But even this we have to say, with caution, for what and how one's heart feels is a secret between that person and Allah, whether he be a muslim or a non muslim. leave commenting on someone's fate aside, we are, according to a hadith not supposed to even praise someone without saying "this is what I feel but Allah knows best."

This just goes to show, how much importance is given in Islam to what we speak and how.

And Allah knows best.

May Allah guide us all surely He guides whom He wills.

Edited by wisdomseeker - 29 December 2009 at 4:10am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 6:41am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Sister Chrysalis...I am grateful to you for your words. BUt I am disturbed when our brothers and sisters in Islam call non-muslims infidels and say they will go to hell. Do we try to correct them? We are no different to anyone in this life no matter what religion we follow. Yet I am corrected here for my comments it seems because I was critical of muslims not christians? It is all complex.

The main issue it seems is my own personal view? I guess we don't need to worry ourselves on that.

I think we do try to correct or reprimand our zealous brothers and sisters - both on and off the forum. You may have noticed that with some other members here already. However, we can only say & do so much - at the end of the day, the other Muslim will do what they strongly believe in. We should however make sure the approach we are taking doesn't drive those people away from us and make them cling all the more to their 'beliefs'. I wonder if people told Omar Al Farooq, the recent attempted Bomber to go and do something about his 'strong feelings' against Americans... rather than cribbing and stop being a coward ? ? ? These are weighty statements that shouldn't be used carelessly on others.

Our societies tend to expel & exclude zealots, - which only aggravates their issues because they lose that sense of community/bond/humanity. This makes it all the more easier to commit acts of violence, because you can disassociate yourself with the victims. If they were handled gently and  shown concern etc, I am sure it would help reduce the wounds in their hearts by a great deal.

So yes, I agree we should try to correct them and help them.

Also, I don't know what all the hullabaloo is about using words like 'Kaafir'
 & 'Infidel'. Christians, Jews & Hindus are welcome to call me a Kafir & Infidel with respect to their beliefs. It just denotes that a person rejects a particular doctrine. It is a synonym for unbeliever/disbeliever. It is in no way a slur.

Also, I don't think that people comment on or criticize your opinions because you are critical of muslims - we do that do each other all the time. In fact, I for one appreciate you pointing out what you find to be an issue with the Ummah. You are part of it, hence it is not only your right but your responsibility to do so. Better to clean out our own closet rather than invite someone else to do so. . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 8:54am
Aslaam ALaikum

If we have Islam then we have fewer excuses to get it wrong.

The point is IF. When I was last in Pakistan I said to someone that it would have been nice to be born into Islam on a certain level. They said. "
Why? look around you most of these people do not even know how to pray." So to assume that they "know" may not be realistic. 

If we see returning soldiers from war come home, kill themselves, kill others, basically they end up completely mentally messed up why we cannot imagine this does not happen to the civilians faced with the same, often longer, continual violence? In fact based upon the fact that between 80-90% of all homicides are committed by men, for women to reach THIS point.. makes you wonder what is really going on in Chechnya. From everything I've read, its REALLY bad. So it is really quite possible they mentally 'flipped' a switch.  We don't know that is why it is dangerous to think we KNOW who will go to hell.

I would make a good educated guess that 99% of us on the website have ever experienced what those in Chechnya, the Congo, Palestine, Afghanistan, or North Korea go through.

It does not bother me that you call to attention bad actions. My point was saying "they will not see Jannah for their evil deeds."  Maybe if it was precursored with " Allah will decide their fate." No problem.  But who goes to Jannah is not at all up to us nor do any of us know.  That is my point.

Guess it gets to me becasue this is what my "Born Again" relatives told my sister right upon my mother's death, she is going to helll for xyz. Smile
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic