IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - illegal immigrants  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

illegal immigrants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 2:40pm
Salams F.O.H's

You are right that Allah asks us about our good deeds and hearts. Unfortunately because all borders are closed in the world then immigration problems will always be there....unless of course governments change their rules. Do you think Saudi will change their rulings on these issues? People are exploited by the more advantaged people everywhere. BUt the exploited also know the rules in place before they leave their own homes.
It is truly a question that cannot be answered satisfactorily :(
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:09pm
The modern day countries are too involved with these things. I'm sure back in the time of Sahabah and our prophet saws, muslims were always welcomed into the communities. Nowadays passports are needed etc.. Maybe people forget about these things. I think it's sad and it's a reasonwhy the modern day is no good for me.< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 8:55am
Jihad: good point.

FOH: they can illegal immigrate but can they LEGALLY be able to become citizens?  Why stay: well its FAR worse where they are from. Why would you not want to try and make a better life for your kids?

The nation state is a false boundary.. we can exclude you and keep you.. mentality.

I remember watching a piece on Peru with the underground economy produced billions of dollars. And without identification, or ownership, people are limited for advancing. The rules to participate were so hard that they could not change their status. They got the government to ease the restrictions and it really helped many people. It was a fascinating piece.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 10:34am
Very good and interesting discussion . . .

I once read a hadith that if a Muslim asks for "sanctuary" in the Haram, then they should be given sanctuary there - and no one should harm them. If so, can people still do that in today's time and age ? Or does Saudi Law reign supreme?

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 10:51am

Asslamu Alaikum

Edited by Full of Hopes - 26 December 2009 at 5:16am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 10:58am
Originally posted by JihadX JihadX wrote:

The modern day countries are too involved with these things. I'm sure back in the time of Sahabah and our prophet saws, muslims were always welcomed into the communities. Nowadays passports are needed etc.. Maybe people forget about these things. I think it's sad and it's a reasonwhy the modern day is no good for me.

Cry This is TRUE brother.. you are 100% right. may Allah forgive us.. this is the price of modern life and technology. BUT the main reason for this is the weak imaan. People forget that Allah is the ONLY one who can offer the rizq.. so they think those poor Muslims will finish the food and money.. Really, this a very touchy reply.Cry
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 11:02am

Asslamu Alaikum

Edited by Full of Hopes - 26 December 2009 at 5:17am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

Originally posted by JihadX JihadX wrote:

The modern day countries are too involved with these things. I'm sure back in the time of Sahabah and our prophet saws, muslims were always welcomed into the communities. Nowadays passports are needed etc.. Maybe people forget about these things. I think it's sad and it's a reasonwhy the modern day is no good for me.

Cry This is TRUE brother.. you are 100% right. may Allah forgive us.. this is the price of modern life and technology. BUT the main reason for this is the weak imaan. People forget that Allah is the ONLY one who can offer the rizq.. so they think those poor Muslims will finish the food and money.. Really, this a very touchy reply.Cry

This is nothing, do you there are counties that bicker over things such as "Halal Certfication" ? For e.g Malaysia insists on using thier own certification and will not accept American or Australian Halal certification! They insist upon going thru the entire process again. Similarly Brunei will not accept Malaysian Halal certificate - and even though they are a tiny country - they want thier own process! There is no "internationally accepted" Halal label - even though there is an internationally accepted "Kosher" Label !!! All because each country wants to "earn" money by introducing thier own Halal certificate and process!!! Sad Sad Sad. Ouch

Look at what most of Europe has done through the EU ! Same currency, no visa issues etc etc. We need to do the same. InshAllah I hope the Muslim world can someday be the same for us Muslims. Let us not lose hope. . . inshAllah someday. Smile. Before colonization we Muslims were not like that. . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic