IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I Take your Order?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I Take your Order? - Event Date: 17 December 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Can I Take your Order?
    Posted: 17 December 2009 at 7:52pm
Assalimu Alaikum Sisters,

I wanted to add this post here in the sister's forum since we are the one's who are mostly responsible for putting something on the table for our families to eat.  Don't get me wrong sister's there is nothing wrong with a brother to hook up the meals as wellWink Lol.....

How many of us are eating out at resturants on a regular basis?  Thers is evidence that this "Fast Food" eating is very dangerous for us and our families.  I will post a movie, Insha Allah below and hopefully you will have the time to view this movie.  I can promise you that this movie changed my life.  I can proudly say with a few life style changes, my family and I no longer eat out.  Alhamdulillah.... Allah Akbar. 
The movie is called "Super Size me" 

Sister's can I get your opinion on this matter???

your sister Zaharah

CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 8:10am

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

I know fast food is very bad for us.. but the problem is I like it so much. I am not fat l, and that might make me take it easy to have more. Now I am trying to stop but it is so hard when I am with my friends and they have it.Geek  here is an article about fast food and I know more. May Allah make it easy for us to stop this kind of food that affects our health and brain.

The Top 10 Dangerous Diseases caused By Fast Food   

Heart Disease

Of all the diseases caused by fast food obesity, heart disease is one of the most common and most devastating. Large amounts of body fat usually result in higher levels of LDL cholesterol and lower levels of HDL. Both factors can increase your risk of heart disease which is the number one cause of death in the United States.

2-Diabetes

One of the fastest growing obesity related diseases is diabetes. With diabetes, your pancreas can not produce enough insulin to covert sugars into energy for your cells. The rest of the sugar ends up floating around in your blood and causing damage.

3-Dyslipidemia

Dyslipidemia could be considered a junk food obesity related illness. That�s because the disease occurs when LDL levels and triglycerides are abnormally high. Having this condition puts you at greater risk of coronary heart disease, and most physicians attribute its development directly to weight gain.

4-Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Women who are overweight or obese have a higher likelihood of developing this disorder which is one of the main causes of infertility in females who are within reproductive age. The condition causes irregular menstrual cycles and excess hair growth. Additionally, the disease is associated with insulin resistance which means it is also a factor in the development of diabetes in women.

5-Sleep Apnea

Many people with weight problems attribute their lack of energy to their size but many of them actually have a disorder known as sleep apnea. While sleeping, you literally stop breathing and this causes you to wake up suddenly. You may be unaware of the sleep disruption but it does prevent you from getting a restful sleep and can sometimes be dangerous.

6-Arthritis

While most people think of arthritis as a disease for older people only, the condition is simply caused by strain on the joints over time. When you wear more than your body can handle, the strain is greater and causes arthritis to develop much earlier.

7-Blount�s Disease

Obesity is especially dangerous to growing children. Blount�s disease is a condition that develops when too much weight is placed on the growing bones in the lower half of the body. This extra weight can cause growth to be abnormal.

8-Respiratory Problems

Just as being overweight puts more stress on your heart, it also causes your lungs to work harder in order to get the oxygen needed where it needs to faster. Plus, conditions such as plague build-up from high cholesterol in the arteries can make it harder for oxygen to move free through your system. Breathing problems, including asthma, are also more common in obese people.

9-Liver Damage

Sometimes the body has problems breaking down all of the fatty foods we eat and dealing with the fat appropriately. As a result, fat can build-up around the liver. This condition can end up causing scarring and inflammation of the liver, as well as permanent liver damage.

10-Stroke

A stroke is caused by a blockage in the arteries supplying blood to the brain. When the blood and the oxygen it carries can�t reach the brain, the cells begin to die off causing permanent brain damage and even brain death. These blockages are more common in overweight people because they are more likely to have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and/or plague build-up which increases the risk of this life-threatening condition

Edited by Full of Hopes - 24 December 2009 at 8:19am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 10:30am
Wow!!
I eat out once a year if I'm lucky! BUt UK life in general is expensive, so that would explain that one.

But it's true that fast food is bad. Actually moderation with most food is the best as it gives us the right vitamin/nutrient balance. Plenty of veg and fruit, a substantial amount of grains/pulses and not too much meat and fats. Think I am right with this. Please correct me if I am wrong.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic