IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Arts & Literatures
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seeking help translating Arabic script  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking help translating Arabic script

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanakm99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking help translating Arabic script
    Posted: 03 December 2009 at 8:36pm
As-Salaam Alaikum,

I was given a framed picture with Arabic calligraphy which I believe is from the Qur'an, but I do not read Arabic.

Can anyone translate the script and/or give the reference for which chapter and verse this is from?

I would be grateful to any readers of Arabic for your help.

Thank you.

Edited by nanakm99 - 03 December 2009 at 8:37pm
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 11:09am

Asslamu Alaikum

Actually this is not Arabic, I am not sure if it is Urdu, but I think it is form Persia or something like this.
   BUT it is not Arabic for sureSmile,, just the letters are Arabic letters.

Allah knows the best.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 13 December 2009 at 11:10am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 12:07pm
Wa'alaikum salaam "nanakm"

It is also not in Urdu.

I am pretty sure it is Persian - cz the 2nd last sentence of 2nd image has the words "Faarsi Tarjumma" which means Faarsi/Persian Translation.

You might wanna try your luck on an Iranian/Persian/Farsi forum. Unfortunately I also don't know Persian.

From the few words that I can understand it seems like it is talking about the Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (S.a.w)

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
nanakm99 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanakm99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 4:14pm
Thank you both, sisters, for your responses. I received a similar answer from one other person I asked, so I think it is Persian and I will look for a Faarsi forum or ask my Iranian neighbor next time I see him.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic