IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bedtime Routine  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bedtime Routine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infomagination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bedtime Routine
    Posted: 20 November 2009 at 1:20am
What does your pre and bedtime routines consist of?  . . . Whether
>> it�s
>> relaxing in front of the TV or with a book, checking that everything
>> is
>> locked up and the kids are tucked in, or a quick (or not so quick)
>> bathroom routine . . . here is a little something extra I hope we all
>> will, in time, include . . .
>>
>> The Prophet () one day said to Ali (Radhiallahu anhu): I do these five
>> things before going to bed at night:
>>
>> 1. give 4000 dinaars in sadaqa and then sleep
>>
>> 2. read one complete Quran and then sleep
>>
>> 3. pay the price for Jannah and then sleep
>>
>> 4. make two people happy with each other when they are upset and
>> then sleep
>>
>> 5. do one Hajj and then sleep
>>
>> Hadrat Ali (Radhiallahu anhu) said, Ya Rasulallah  ()! this looks
>> impossible, how will I be able to do it? Then the Prophet
>> () replied:
>>
>> *      4 times reading Surah Fatiha equals four thousand dinaars giving
>> in sadaqa.
>>
>> *      3 times reading Surah Ikhlas (qul hu allahu ahad) equals to one
>> complete Quran.
>>
>> *      3 times reading any Durood Shareef (shortest: Sallallahu Alayhi
>> Wasallam -  ) is the price of Jannah.
>>
>> *      10 times Astaghfirullah (or any istighfar) equals making two
>> unhappy people happy with each other.
>>
>> *      4 times third kalima is equals to one Hajj.
>>
>> After this Ali (Radhiallahu anhu) said, Ya Rasulallah () now i will do
>> all these before going to bed.
>>
>> As silly as it may sound, why not jot these on a piece of paper and
>> stick it up beside your bed?!? It�ll serve as a reminder each night,
>> until the habit is so ingrained that you can �do it in your sleep�
>> <grin>
>>
>> We give Shukr to Allah (swt) for all of that we have been blessed with:
>> our beautiful Deen of Islam, all the guidance of the Glorious Quraan and
>> the beautiful living example of the life and teachings of our Beloved
>> Nabi Muhammad ().
>>
>> We give Shukr to Allah (swt) for our health and strength, our family
>> and friends, our work, homes and possessions and ask Allah (swt) to
>> continue to guard over us and all that we have been blessed with!
>> Insha-Allah, Ameen
>>
>> May Allah (swt) bless, guide and protect us all, Insha-Allah
>>
>> May Allah (swt) make it easy for us to gain beneficial knowledge and
>> strive in the path of Allah (swt).
>>
>> May Allah (swt) purify our hearts and make it easy for us to be
>> steadfast and punctual in prayer, love and uphold the regular recital of
>> the Glorious Quraan,  build us up in Eemaan and Ihsaan, grant us Taqwa,
>> Barakah, Geyr and shower us with Allah (swt) Rahmah and forgiveness,
>> Insha-Allah, Ameen.
>>
>> May Allah (swt) guide us and our families on the Siraatal Mustaqeem,
>> protect us from Shaytaan and his whisperings
>>
>> Provide for all of our needs, grant us health and strength and assist
>> us to fulfill all our obligations, Insha-Allah, Ameen.
>>
>> May Allah (swt) grant the sick Shifaa Insha-Allah,
>>
>> and the deceased, Nur in their Quboer and Jannatul Firdous,
>> Insha-Allah, Ameen
>>
>> May Allah (swt) accept all our duahs and those made for us,
>> Insha-Allah,Ameen!
>>
>> With lots of love & my very best duahs always
>>
>> Fi amaanillah - I leave you in the protection of Allah Ta�ala
>>

"One morning or evening in the path of Allah is better than the world and all it contains. A hand-span or a whip's length of Jannat is better that the world and all it contains..."Sayings of Nabi(SAW)
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 1:36am
Wa Alaikum As Salaam sister Info (Ameen) JazakAllah Kheiran for sharing this with us.May Allah reward you for your efforts.May Allah Bless us to be able to do some if not all of these things
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 7:21am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Its many days you were n't active sis {Infomagination}. Hope all is well at your side

JazakAllah for the sharing. To my knowledge the hadith you shared of doing 5 things before going to sleep, is UNAUTHENTIC.

Generally, we are taught to recite last Khuls, and ayatul Kursi, last verses of surah Baqarah, tasbeeh Fatima, and the dua before going to sleep. It is also advised to clear our heart if we hold grudge, anger or malice towards everyone.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 9:49am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Its many days you were n't active sis {Infomagination}. Hope all is well at your side

JazakAllah for the sharing. To my knowledge the hadith you shared of doing 5 things before going to sleep, is UNAUTHENTIC.

It is also advised to clear our heart if we hold grudge, anger or malice towards everyone.

Salams sisters,Info and Seek.May Allah reward you both for your efforts.May I please get sources from each of you?Seek this seems similar to your last sentence. 10 times Astaghfirullah (or any istighfar) equals making two
>> unhappy people happy with each other.May have more water added still I believe it to be the same ingredients.May Allah Bless us
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by infomagination infomagination wrote:

What does your pre and bedtime routines consist of?  . . . Whether

>> The Prophet () one day said to Ali (Radhiallahu anhu): I do these five
>> things before going to bed at night:
>>
>> 1. give 4000 dinaars in sadaqa and then sleep
>>
>> 2. read one complete Quran and then sleep
>>
>> 3. pay the price for Jannah and then sleep
>>
>> 4. make two people happy with each other when they are upset and
>> then sleep
>>
>> 5. do one Hajj and then sleep
>>
>> Hadrat Ali (Radhiallahu anhu) said, Ya Rasulallah  ()! this looks
>> impossible, how will I be able to do it? Then the Prophet
>> () replied:
>>
>> *      4 times reading Surah Fatiha equals four thousand dinaars giving
>> in sadaqa.
>>
>> *      3 times reading Surah Ikhlas (qul hu allahu ahad) equals to one
>> complete Quran.
>>
>> *      3 times reading any Durood Shareef (shortest: Sallallahu Alayhi
>> Wasallam -  ) is the price of Jannah.
>>
>> *      10 times Astaghfirullah (or any istighfar) equals making two
>> unhappy people happy with each other.
>>
>> *      4 times third kalima is equals to one Hajj.
>>
>> After this Ali (Radhiallahu anhu) said, Ya Rasulallah () now i will do
>> all these before going to bed.
>>

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah Star

May Allah bless your efforts and be pleased on you, sister.
  I just want the source of this Hadith.Embarrassed

I do need it because believe me sister I do not mean you on  this but they LIE a lot on the net. They make up stories about the prophet peace be upon him and lie a lot about him. And if we just pass everything they send us without being sure of its source then we are helping them to do it.Ouch

Telling lies about the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is a great evil and a serious sin, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Whoever tells lies about me deliberately, let him take his place in Hell.� Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1229.

I believe the safest way is never post any hadith without its source. I am sick of hadiths I receive on email.Angry some of them can never never never be the words of the prophet, peace be upon him and I never pass them. I asked some scholars and many were lies.Confused Although they were telling about good deeds. It is the never ending battle between the Islam and the truth enemies.Confused
 May Allah help us..

Edited by Full of Hopes - 20 November 2009 at 3:52pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

It is also advised to clear our heart if we hold grudge, anger or malice towards everyone.

Salams sisters,Info and Seek.May Allah reward you both for your efforts.May I please get sources from each of you?Seek this seems similar to your last sentence. 10 times Astaghfirullah (or any istighfar) equals making two
>> unhappy people happy with each other.May have more water added still I believe it to be the same ingredients.May Allah Bless us

Brother, following hadiths are the sources that i shared of the dhikrs to be made before sleep.

When Prophet [Pbuh} went to bed to sleep, he would say: �Allaahumma bismika ahyaa wa amoot (O Allaah, in Your name I live and die).� (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7394).

Among the adhkaar that may be recited before going to sleep, as referred to in the question, is that reported in the hadeeth of �Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said that Faatimah (upon whom be peace) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and asked him for a servant. He said, �Shall I not tell you of something that is better for you than that? When you go to sleep, say �Subhaan Allaah� thirty-three times, �Al-hamdu Lillah� thirty-three times, and �Allaahu akbar� thirty four times.� (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 4943).

A similar hadith is also stated in Tirmidhi.

�Aa�ishah reported that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went to bed, he would cup his hands together, blow into them and recite into them Qul huwa Allaahu ahad [Soorat al-Ikhlaas], Qul a�oodhu bi Rabbi�l-falaq [Soorat al-Falaq] and Qul a�oodhu bi Rabbi�l-naas [Soorat al-Naas] (these are the last 3 soorahs of the Qur�aan � Translator). Then he would wipe as much of his body as he could with his hands, starting with his head and face, and the front of his body. He would do this three times. (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 4630)

It says in a mu�allaq report narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari (2311) that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) appointed me to guard the zakaah of Ramadaan, then someone came and started rummaging in the foodstuff � and at the end of the hadeeth he said: �When you go to your bed, recite Aayat al-Kursiy, for there will remain with you a guardian from Allaah, and no devil will approach you, until morning comes.� The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �He told you the truth although he is a liar. That was a devil.�

It was narrated from Abu Mas�ood al-Ansaari (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Whoever recites the last two verses of Soorat al-Baqarah at night, they will suffice him.� Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5009) and Muslim (2714). Ibn al-Qayyim said in al-Waabil al-Sayyib (132): They will suffice him against any evil that may harm him.

It was narrated that �Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
�I did not think that any sane person could sleep without reciting the last three verses of Soorat al-Baqarah.�

In al-Adhkaar (220), al-Nawawi attributed it to the report of Abu Bakr ibn Abi Dawood, then he said: It is saheeh according to the conditions of al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

So these were the extracts of sahih hadith from Islam-qa. And the last point you made brother, about what i said ; It is also advised to clear our heart if we hold grudge, anger or malice towards everyone and you said that it seems the same that 10 times Astaghfirullah (or any istighfar) equals making two

No, brother. There's an intresting hadith behind my saying. Insha Allah, when i find it shall surely share here.

May Allah swt help and guide all of us to adhere to sunnahs. Ameen.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 5:54am

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah,

May Allah reward you sister seekshidayath. I love you for the sake of Allah sister seekshidayath. May Allah bless you and be pleased on you.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
infomagination View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infomagination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:56pm
I will find the source and authenticate it.

"One morning or evening in the path of Allah is better than the world and all it contains. A hand-span or a whip's length of Jannat is better that the world and all it contains..."Sayings of Nabi(SAW)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic