IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to differentiate Swine Flu and Regular Flu  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to differentiate Swine Flu and Regular Flu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:26am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

.......conspiracy theorist who (no surprise) doesn't know what he's talking about.

Clap

LOL

My 13yr old son recently had this H1N1, but fortunately we acted on it immediately. It felt like normal flu, and he had no complications, marsha'Allah.

I am concerned about this vaccine. These posts haven't eased that ...thanks, lol.
Seriously tho, I do have some health issues, and was considering the vaccine. Have decided instead to become hermitised until it's all over. LOL
Just need some kind sisters to pass food through my windowSmile
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

I am concerned about this vaccine. These posts haven't eased that ...thanks, lol.

Maybe this will help: I recently read an estimate that in the next year H1N1 will kill about one in every 6000 Canadians.  In addition, the regular seasonal flu will kill about one in 9000 Canadians.  The odds of any serious complication from the flu vaccine (not just death, but major complications) are about one in 2,000,000.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Maybe this will help: I recently read an estimate that in the next year H1N1 will kill about one in every 6000 Canadians.  In addition, the regular seasonal flu will kill about one in 9000 Canadians.  The odds of any serious complication from the flu vaccine (not just death, but major complications) are about one in 2,000,000.

ROn, thanks for the infoSmile Quite a lot of needless scaremongering on the whole then
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 11:11am
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 11:59am
My wife states that at her clinic many parents have brought their children in for possible 'swine flu' because they are symptomatic. HOWEVER she told me (after asking her whether we should get vaccinated especially since we have kids) she told me that kids ought to get vaccinated because of the immune system in small children are not as strong as older children/adults, but parents who are healthy and exposed to every day germs, bacteria and viruses need not worry. She told me if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms equipped with chest pains and trouble breathing AS AN ADULT you should go to the emergency room and get checked out. As stated she informed me that the only difference the swine has over the regular is because of the population. The regular fly kills more people per year than the swine flu.

Interestingly enough she said if you lived in the 70's you don't need to get the swine flu vaccine because there was a similar outbreak at that time and you were possibly exposed to it somehow. If you don't believe me just google the 1970-76 swine flu. I'm just listening to the doc.

Edited by Gibbs - 02 November 2009 at 12:00pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 3:55pm

ROn, thanks for the infoSmile Quite a lot of needless scaremongering on the whole then

The point I was trying to make is that the risk of dying from the flu is orders of magnitude greater than the risk of complications from the vaccine.  But you're right that all the fuss about H1N1 is out of proportion to its actual risk.  Most people are going to be fine whether or not they get vaccinated.

Both vaccines are free in Canada (thanks to our public health care system), so I'll get them as soon as I can.  Not because I'm worried about dying, but because having the flu is a miserable experience that I'd rather do without.  If it cost a lot of money I might think twice though.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 4:47pm
here's a tip, stay away from people, at least 1 metre around around. Well that is all good and all but if you're on a sardine packed train.....that 1 metre is like.........gone! Tongue

Seriously thou, I keep seeing/reading (not that I'm looking out for these things, hehe) that the one big thing to combat it is washing your hands thoroughly, don't rub eyes, sneeze and cough into you elbow, well the fold there in your arm not using your hand over the mouth. When using tissues (and i guess hankies too but not sure who uses them these day, ;) ) throw them away and then wash your hands.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 12:59pm
Ron Webb I don't understand how you want to get vaccinated because you don't like the symptoms of the flu. As far as staying away from people fat chance. I heard that even when speaking to people even at a comfortable distance there is still a small amount of saliva in each and every time a person speaks so imagine when speaking to someone that may have the regular flu virus and your daily conversation with them you actually get that on your face! Ewwww.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic