IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marraige proposal for a relegious girl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marraige proposal for a relegious girl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samir_Abdul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Salams,
Fais, when anyone makes personal comments I reply as I see fit. I am not a doormat for any. I am obedient to ALlah and follow Islam as I understand it. If I make errors then if I understand where I am wrong then I will change that.As to what you feel in this thread I do not see errors I should change. I will let you know if that changes. So please let it rest now.

Brother, I gave you lot of time on and off the forum. I listened to you as I do with all others. I only ever see myself as an auntie to others and that was the friendship we had. Your posts yesterday and removal of some of your comments surprised me.

You say I am too British. Wow, you are not too Indian then? I learn a lot about other cultures by living with people not of my own. I do not rely on comments from only those of my culture. I was not too British to marry with an asian man. It does not matter what colour or race people are from. First I don't agree with that way of thinking, but most of all it is un-Islamic. I can tell you I have been really shocked by many asians that will not marry a white woman unless they want a visa/passport.
This does not mean there are not nice asians, lol. I know some very nice ones.

As regarding the posts..you made your own comments and made them public. Why remove them? If you feel that your words were not right then fine, acknowledge that, not remove them. REally I do not understand this. I have a great deal of patience with people, I think carefully of my words most of the time before I write them. So I do not understand your request that I remove them. Many here are very rude. But I guess what you mean here is that muslim women should not at times do the same. Lol, women can be tough...but maybe because some men are weak and need it! (I am not suggesting you are weak, it is only an example)

I have no ill feeling towards you whatsoever. I really hope it goes well for you. I hope you can wish the same for me. Perhaps in the future then we should be careful when we reply here so this situation does not occur again.

But might I suggest you don't say again that I am not a good muslim? That is SO haram! It is not good to try to remove the splinter from my eye when you have a plank in your own.

All the best.

true story sister..islam trancends race and nationality...i would marry a muslim woman from any race, and long as she carries herself an a upright manner which most do....but i have nothing but repsect for my muslim brothers and sister reguardess of race...and also im an theres nothing wrong with speaking english with an accent from your native country...one of my friends at school is from the ivory coast, and i love her accent...
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 8:59pm
Salam brother,
i never meant that any one is not good muslim but this is a different kind of argument,and yes speaking in an accent is no harm infact its good when you have same people arround even i do so,but someone does this to sound stylish looks so cheap,a global accent is the best approach when you dont have english as your mother tounge.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 1:55am
Fais,
'but someone does this to sound stylish looks so cheap'

So how can you tell on this forum how people sound!!??

And certainly I never portray myself as anything other than what I am, as this is what you suggested in your post to FOH's

If I word myself well its not wrong, and who has ever said I have a good image here? You are trying to paint a false picture to others about me by posting such nonsense.

You are new here, and I guess you need to build up a good raport with others.
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 5:02am
Salam and eid mubraq martha,

First of all where were you from so many days martha.

there are so many things getting mixed up,i just answered the brothers post nothing lese,my point was we asians have a habit of accepting the native speakers as best and respect their words cause they are brit or american,i see this everyday in my life,so please dont mix many arguments in this by taking one peace of the whole para you cant put me on the wrong side you have to read it whole and answer.

same thing i said to the brother, he tought i am against using accent but that is not the case i am against the sick psychy of feeling great if you speak english in an american accent.

and on top of this you sound like a duck when you not using proper grammer and jump on the last part of language which is called accent.

please no offence native english speakersSmile

Regards

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 5:21am
Salam Fais,

Sigh...Eye waz awey frum forearm fur sum daiz becuse I um tirad ov sum peeple. Bot I um bak nouw.

Iz miy gramer beta nouw? Bot maiybee eye um ah duc..qwac qwac, bot I um a harppy duc. Av u gud dai
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 2:12am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Salam Fais,

Sigh...Eye waz awey frum forearm fur sum daiz becuse I um tirad ov sum peeple. Bot I um bak nouw.

Iz miy gramer beta nouw? Bot maiybee eye um ah duc..qwac qwac, bot I um a harppy duc. Av u gud dai

Apu? is that you?
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 12:44am
salam

I was talking about the people who are not native english speakers .plz understand me yaar.

Edited by fais - 13 December 2009 at 12:45am
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 11:31am
Originally posted by fais fais wrote:

salam

I was talking about the people who are not native english speakers .plz understand me yaar.

Salam,
OK that is fine. I appreciate your English is not that great, so I will try to figure out what you are saying before I reply.
Deal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic