IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help me.......  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
md.faheem View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote md.faheem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me.......
    Posted: 13 October 2009 at 11:37am
w/salaam, martha...

Yes, it is pathetic to see people not following the basic teachings of Islam and being more materialistic in their actions....Cry
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 12:44am
Salaams md.faheem,

It is really sad we don't follow correctly.Unhappy 
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
md.faheem View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote md.faheem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:17am
Sister Martha,

What you have stated is very much true.

Our muslim culture is converging more and more towards the culture of non-muslims these days. Hence being a matter of concern, Ulema's debating and holding congregations to enlighten the people regarding the issue and more is  falling on deaf ears.

As a matter of fact, each individual is well aware of his actions but, totally ignorant towards his duties, the teachings of Islam and the teachings of Prophet (SAWS) and the last day of judgement..

May Allah bless one and all... 
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 6:24am
Yes brother, marsha'allah.
I am glad we are back on the same track
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 5:58am
Yes sister,

i will consider your advise,finally what allah has decided will happen no matter how much i try,so lets hope for the best.
Regards

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 5:21am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by md.faheem md.faheem wrote:

Many proposals are turning down due to my sister's color and dowry demands here locally. Pls. help me out........

You people need to let go of Hindu pagan cultures.

Yes, too much pressure is put on families to come up with large dowry's. This is not Islamic teaching. SO many people in these Asian countries are starving whilst others spend thousands of dollars/pounds on a celebration. Most certainly if you are not a family of means your social status is practically non existant. This extravagence is a sin.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 5:16am
Originally posted by fais fais wrote:

salam,

Brother my duas are for you,i have suggestion for you,ask her to continue her studies,give her some time do adjust and than think of second marraige,i mean dont just look for a life partner but rather look for a new life which will give her peace,its a hard time for her so just be with her emotionally and make her feel that she is not helpless.

Have faith in Allah,insha she will get better than what she lost.this is a hadith also.

Regards

'Brother fais, my duas are for you, I have suggestion for you, continue to work, take time to adjust and then think of 2nd marraige, I mean dont just look for a life partner but rather look for a new life which will give you peace, it's a hard time for you and we are with you emotionally to make you feel that you are not helpless.

Have faith in Allah and insha'allah you will get better than what you lost...this is a hadith also.'

Brother...this was really my advice to you in another topic but you didn't seem to understand what I was trying to say.Unhappy  Allah hafiz
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by md.faheem md.faheem wrote:

Many proposals are turning down due to my sister's color and dowry demands here locally. Pls. help me out........

You people need to let go of Hindu pagan cultures.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic