IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds
    Posted: 04 October 2009 at 4:37pm
Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

1. Earn a thousand good deeds in Minutes

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said: "Is anyone of you incapable of earning one thousand Hasanah (rewards) a day?" Someone from the gathering asked, "How can anyone of us earn a thousand Hasanah?" Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said: "Glorify Allah a hundred times by just saying �Subhanallah� and a Good deeds will be written for you, or a thousand sins will be wiped away.� (Muslim 4:2073)

2. One of the Rare Treasures of Paradise

Hadhrat Abu Dharr [Ra] narrated that Rasulallah [Saw] said: �Should I not tell you of one treasure of the unlimited treasures of Paradise?� I replied spontaneously �Oh Rasulallah (Peace be upon him) that would be an honour indeed!� Rasulallah (Saw) said: �That rare treasure is LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH.� (�The strength to do good and to refrain from evil comes from the grace and mercy of Allah!�) -(Ibn Majah)

Hadrat Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates that "my beloved friend� (the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) has enjoined five things upon me. He has commanded me to love and be close to the poor and the downtrodden, and he has commanded me to look at those in the world who are of lower rank than me, and not at those who are of higher rank, and he has commanded me to be kind to the kinsman and to preserve and keep intact the bond of kinship, and he has commanded me not to ask for anything from anyone as a favour and he has commanded me to speak the truth at all times though it may be bitter for others, and he has commanded me to care nothing for the rebuke of those who revile and villify in the path of Allah, and he has commanded me to recite much the Kalima of: Laa Hawla wa laa Qawwuta Illaa Billah (there is no power or strength but in Allah) because all these things are from the treasure-house (of Allah) which is under the ninth heaven. (Ahmad)

3. A Date Palm planted in Paradise for the one who Recites this

Hadhrat Jaa'bir [Ra] narrated that Rasulallah(Peace be upon him) said: �For the person who recites SUB-HAN'ALLAH HIL AZEEM WA BI-HAM'DIHI, [Pure and perfect is Allah in his glory and praise], - A date palm will be planted for him in Paradise� (Tirmidhi)

Another Narration says:

4. Forgiveness for Sins Even Though they are like the Foam of the Sea:

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah�s Apostle said, �Whoever says, �Subhan Allaahi Wa bihamdihi, {Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise}. One hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea. (Bukhari, Book #75, Hadith #414)

5. We Can Earn Over a BILLION Rewards in Just a Few Seconds!

Narrated �Ubaadah that the Messenger of Allah said, �Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man and believing woman.� (Tabarrani)

6. That Which Shall Have no Equal on the Day of Resurrection:

Narrated Abu Huraira:Allah�s Apostle said, �Whoever says one hundred times in a day:

�Laa ilaaha illallaah wahdahuu laa shareeka lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahu-l-hamd wa huwa �alaa kulli shai�in qadeer,�

(�None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Alone Who has no partners, to Him belongs Dominion and to Him belong all the Praises, and He has power over all things (i.e. Omnipotent)�,}

he will get the same reward as given for manumitting ten slaves; and one hundred good deeds will be written in his accounts, and one hundred sins will be deducted from his accounts, and it (his saying) will be a shield for him from Satan on that day till night, and nobody will be able to do a better deed except the one who does more than he.� (Bukhari, Book #75, Hadith #412)

7. Four Phrases that are Heavier on the Scales than an Entire Morning of Dhikrullah (Remembrance of Allah):

The Mother of the Believers, Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith reported that the Prophet came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there. The Prophet said, �Are you still in the same position as I left you.� I replied in the affirmative. Thereupon the Prophet said, �I recited four phrases three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier. These are:

Subhan-Allah Wa bihamdihi, �adada khalqihi, wa rida-a nafsihi, wa zinatah �arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi

(Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise).� (Muslim)

8. A Phrase that Comes with Rewards in the MILLIONS:

On the authority of Abdullah ibn �Umar that the Prophet said: �Whoever enters a market and says:

�Laa ilaaha ill Allah Wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul Mulku Wa lahul Hamdu yuhyi Wa yumeetu Wa huwa Hayyun laa yamoot, bi yadihil khayr, wahuwa �alaa kulli shay� in qadeer�

{There is nothing worthy of worship but Allah, He is alone without partner, to Him belongs the dominion and the praise, he causes life and death and He is the Living One and will never die. In His Hand is all good, and He is over all things capable.)

Allah will write for him a million good deeds erase a million of his bad deeds and build for him a house in Jannah.�

And in another narration, instead of mentioning that Allah will build a house in Jannah, it states, �and he will be raised one million levels.� (Tirmidhi).

9. Reciting Tasbeeh, (Subhanballah), Tahmeed (Alhamdolillah) and Takbeer Allahu Akbar), and enjoining what is Good and forbidding what is evil, and praying Salaatul Duha (Breakfast prayer).,

It was narrated from Abu Dharr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �For every bone of the son of Adam a charity must be given each day. Every Tasbeehah (saying Subhaan Allah -Glory be to Allah) is a charity, every Tahmeedah (saying Al-hamdu Lillaah -praise be to Allah) is a charity, every tahleelah (saying Laa ilaaha ill-Allah -There is no god but Allah) is a charity, every takbeerah (saying Allaahu akbar -Allah is Most Great) is a charity, enjoining what is good is a charity, forbidding what is evil is a charity, and two Rak�ahs (Nafil) offered in the mid-morning (Duha) is sufficient.� (Muslim, 720)

10. The Virtues of Reciting Tasbih at-I-Fatima

A well-known Tradition of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) has it that the Prophet's beloved daughter (and Hazrat Ali's (Ra) wife), Hazrat Fatima (Ra), used to perform all the domestic duties with her own hands. She had even to draw water from the well and to carry it home and to grind the corn in the millstone. One day she begged the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) to provide her with a domestic servant upon which the Prophet (Peace be upon him) observed, "I will tell you of something that will serve you better than a domestic servant. Recite Subhaa-nallaah 33 times, Alhamdu lillaah 33 times, and Allahu Akbar 34 times after each Salaah and on retiring to bed. This will be of greater value to you than a servant."

Another Tradition says, "Whoever will recite after each Salaah 33 times Subhaa-nallaah, 33 times Alhamdu lillaah, and 34 times Allahu Akbar, and, at the end of it, the Kalima of �Laa ilaaha illal laahu wahdahu laa sharika lahu lahul mulku wa-lahul hamdu wa huwa alaa kulli shay-in qadeer�. (There is no Allah but one Allah. He is alone. No partner hath. He Him belongs sovereignty and unto Him belongs Praise and He is all-Powerful) all his sins will be forgiven even if they be as profuse as the foam of the sea."

11. How to Erase 2500 Sins in 5 minutes!

Abd-Allaah ibn �Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: �The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: �There are two qualities, no Muslim man acquires them but he will enter Paradise, and they are simple and easy. He should glorify Allah (say Subhaan Allah) ten times immediately after each prayer, and praise Him (say Al-hamdu Lillaah) ten times and magnify Him (say Allaahu Akbar) ten times.�

I saw the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) counting this on his fingers. He said: �That makes one hundred and fifty on the tongue and one thousand five hundred (hasanaat) in the scales.

[Translator�s note: each of three phrases repeated ten times makes thirty; multiplied by the number of daily prayers, which is five, makes one hundred and fifty. Each of these good deeds of the tongue will be rewarded with ten hasanaat which will be added to the total of good deeds to be weighed in the balance or scales on the Day of Judgement].

12. Glorifying Allah 100 times when one goes to bed

When you go to bed, glorify Him and praise Him and magnify Him One hundred times: that will be one hundred on the tongue and a thousand in the scales.

Who among you does 2,500 bad deeds in one day?� They said: �How could we not count (our sins)?� He said: �The Shaytaan comes to any one of you whilst he is praying and says, Remember this, remember that, until he finishes his prayer and does not do (this dhikr), or he comes to him when he is lying down and makes him sleepy, until he falls asleep (without doing this dhikr).�� (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 3332).

13. Earning a 1000 good deeds and wiping away a 1000 bad deeds in Minutes

If a person says "Subhanallah" (glory be to Allah) 100 times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him and a thousand bad deeds are wiped away. (Muslim)

14. Jannat becomes obligatory for the one who Recites the following

Abu Sa�id (Ra) said that Rasullallah (Peace be upon him) said, �Whoever says:

Radeetu billahi rabban, Wa bil-Islaami deenan, Wa bi-Muhammadin rasoolan

Jannah becomes obligatory for him (to enter).
(Abu-Dawud)

- Best said in Morning and Evening with "Nabiyan wa rasoolan"

15. The Virtues of Reciting the First Kalimah

The declaration of belief in the oneness of Allah or kalimah tayyibah

Laa ilaaha ill-Allah

(There is no worthy of worship except Allah)

Hadrat Zaid bin �Arqam (Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: �Whoever says Laa ilaaha illal-laah�sincerely will enter the Paradise.�

It was said: And what is the [sign of] sincerity? He said: �That this kalimah stops him from those things which Allah has forbidden.� (Tabaraani in Awsat-ul-Kabeer)

�Do you not see how Allah puts forth the likeness of a good word (kalimah tayyibah)? It is like a good tree, whose root is firmly fixed and whose branches reach to the sky. It brings forth its fruit in all seasons by the command of its Lord. And Allah sets forth parables for men, so that they may take heed. And the likeness of an evil word (kalimah khabeetha- a word of shirk) is like an evil tree, which is uprooted from the face of the earth, and has no stability.� (Qur�an: 24-26)

16. Virtues of Reciting the Third Kalimah:

The word of glorification or the Kalima-e-Tamjeed

Subhāna-llāhi, wa-l-hamdu li-llāhi, Wa lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa-llāhu akbar. Wa lā hawla Wa lā quwwata illā bi-llāhi-l-�aliyyi-l-�azīm

(Glory be to Allah. And praise be to Allah. And there is no god except Allah. And Allah is the Greatest. And there is no power and no strength except with Allah, the Most High, And Most Great)

Ibn Mas�ood (Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: �When I met Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) in the night of Mi�raaj (Night of ascension) he asked me to convey his Salaam to my Ummah and to tell them that the Paradise has a fertile soil and sweet water, and is like a vast field. And its plants are [the words above].�

Another version says: �Whoever recites the words above, a tree in Paradise is planted for him for each word he says.� (Virtues of Dhikr; Tirmidhi)

17. Virtues of reading the Fourth Kalimah:

The word of Oneness of Allah or the Kalima-e-Tawhid:

Lā ilāha illā-llāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu lahu-l-mulku Wa lahu-l-hamdu yuḥyi Wa yumītu Wa huwa ḥayyu-llā yamūtu abadan abada, ḏū-l-jalāli wa-l-ikrām, biyadihi-l-khayr, wa huwa �alā kulli Shay�in qadīr.

(There is no god except Allah, Who is Alone and has no partners. For Him is the Dominion and for Him is all praise. He gives life and causes death. And He is living and will never ever die. Owner of Majesty and Honour: In His Hands is all goodness. And He has power over all things)

Abu Hurairah (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: �A person who recites: Laa ilaaha illal-laahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa huwa �alaa kulli shay-in qadeer, a hundred times daily will have reward equal to that of freeing ten slaves and one hundred good deeds will be written for him, and one hundred of his sins will be lifted from him, and for the whole day, he will remain immune from the Shaytaan until the evening, and on the Day of Judgment, no one will exceed him in merit except one who has done [these phrases] more.� (Agreed Upon)

18. Virtues of Reciting AYAT UL KURSI after Salaat

Rasulallah (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever recites Aayatul Kursi after every Fard (Fard Salat). Only death is keeping him/her from entering Jannah. (As soon as he/she dies, will enter Jannah) (Nisa'i, Ibne Habban, Ibnelsani A'n Abi Amatah Albahili Radiallah Anhu)

Another Hadith states that Reciting Ayatul Kursi after one Fard (Fard Salat) will cause a person to stay in Allah's protection until the next Salat. (Tibrani Fil Kabeer)

18.1 Recite Ayatul Kursi for protection

Imam Bihaqi (Ra) States: The one who recites Ayatul Kursi before falling asleep, Allah gives protection to his/her home and his/her Family.
(Marqat Sharah Mishkaat, Mulla Ali Qaderi, vol. 2 pp. 583)

In another Hadith the Jinn and Shaithaan do not come close to the house in which Ayatul Kursi is recited. (Tirmizi Altargheeb Wal Tarheeb Lilmanzari vol.2 pp.631)

18.2 Recite Ayatul Kursi for blessing in ones food

Hadrat A'isha Radiallah Anha states that a person arrived in the court of Rasulallah (peace be upon him)and complained that there is no Barakat (Blessings) in anything in his home. Rasulallah (peace be upon him)said, �You do not recite Ayatul Kursi, whichever Food and Curry you will recite Ayatul Kursi on, Allah will give Blessings on that Food and Curry. (Tafseer Dar Manshoor vol. 1 pp. 323)

19. Visiting a sick Muslim.

"There is no Muslim who visits another sick Muslim early in the morning but 70 thousand angels send blessings upon him until evening comes, and if he visits him in the evening, 70 thousand angels send blessings upon him until morning comes, and he will have a garden in paradise." [Tirmidhi]

20. Going to the Masjid in order to learn or teach

Attending lectures in the Masjid. "Whoever goes to the Masjid not desiring anything except to learn or teach what is good has the reward of a pilgrim who completed his Hajj" (Tabarrani)

21. Praying the 12 Sunnah Rakats each day

"Allah will build house in Jannah for whoever is diligent in observing 12 Sunnah rakat (as follows) 4 rakat before and 2 after Dhur, 2 after the Maghrib, 2 after Ishaa, and 2 before Fajr." (Tirmidhi)

22. Praying Fajr then worship until after Sunrise (15-20 min after sunrise)

"Whoever prays Fajr Salaat in congregation, then sits remembering Allah until sunrise, then prays 2 Rakats of Salat has a complete reward of Hajj and Umrah. (the Prophet (Peace be upon him) repeated the word 'complete' 3 times for emphasis) (Tirmidhi)

23. Reward for Reciting each letter of Holy Qur�aan.

It was narrated that �Abd-Allaah ibn Mas�ood said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: �Whoever reads a letter of the Book of Allah will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a tenfold reward. I do not say that Alif-Laam-Meem is a letter, rather alif is a letter, laam is a letter and meem is a letter.� (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2910)

23.1 Surah Fathiha The Mother of the Qur�an and a cure for every disease

Abu Sulaiman says that once a group of Companions were in an expedition (ghazwa) when they happened to come across an epileptic person, who was unconscious. One of the Companions recited Surah Al-Fatiha and blew in his ear. The epileptic person immediately cured. When Sayyidana Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was informed of this, he said: �It (Surah Al-Fathiha) is �The Mother of the Qur�an� (Umm al-Qur�an) and is a cure for every disease.�

[This narration has been recorded by Ath-Thua�lbi from Abu Sulaiman, who narrated it from Muawiya bin Saleh (RA), Tafseer Mazhari 1:31]

23.2 Surah Mulk which protects one from the Torment of the Grave

It was narrated that Abdullah ibn Mas�ud said: Whoever reads Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk [i.e. Surah al-Mulk] every night, Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) we used to call it al-mani�ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allah it is a surah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well. (an-Nasa�i)

23.3 Surah Zilzalah worth half of the Qur�an

Abdullah Ibn �Abbas and Anas Ibn Malik (Ra) reported that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, �Whoever recited Surah Zilzilah (99) would get the reward of reciting half the Qur�an. Whoever recited Surah al Kaafirun (109) would get a reward as if reading a quarter of the Qur�an. Whoever recited Surah al Ikhlas (112)would get a reward as if reading one third of the Qur�an�. (At-Tirmidhi 2818/A)

23.4.1 Surah Iklhas worth a third of the Qur�an

Abu Sa�id al-Khudri (RA) reported that the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said to his Companions, �Are any of you unable to recite a third of the Qur�an in a night?� That was difficult for them and they said, �Which of us is able to do that, Messenger of Allah?� He said, �[The surah] �Say: He is Allah, Absolute Oneness, Allah, the Everlasting Sustainer of all� (112) constitutes a third of the Qur�an.�� (Sahih al-Bukhari 6:61 #534, Riyad as-Salihin by Imam an-Nawawi Ch.183 #1010)

23.4.2 Surah Iklhas recited 200 times daily gets forgiveness of 50 years of sin

Anas ( RA) reported the Prophet (Peace be upon him) as saying, �If anyone recites two hundred times daily, Qul huwallahu ahad the sins of fifty years will be wiped out, unless he is in debt.� (At-Tirmidhi and Darami).

The latter version has �fifty times� and he did not mention �unless he is in debt�

23.5 Surah al Falaq and An Naas protection from Jinn and evil eye

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) used to seek refuge from the jinn as well as from the evil eye until Surah al Falaq and An Naas were revealed. When they were sent down, he utilised them and left other things. [At-Tirmidhi #1984, Riyad as-Salihin by Imam an-Nawawi Ch.183 #1014]

24. Good manners are the Heaviest on the good deed scales

Abu Darda (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language.''

25. We will regret the Seconds we wasted without remembering Allah

Hadhrat Mu'az [RA] narrated Rasulallah (Peace be upon him) said: �The Inhabitants of Paradise will not be grief stricken or sorrowful about anything they did in the life of the world except for the time they spent without being in the remembrance of Allah (Tabaraani)

26.1 Do Dhikr of Allah even if its on Comfortable beds

Hadhrat Abu Saeed Khudri (Ra) narrates that Rasulullah (Peace be upon him) said:

�There are many people reclining on comfortable beds and making the Dhikr of Allah on earth. Allah will grant them elevated ranks (in the Aakhirah).�
(Ibn Habbaan)

Those indulging in luxury should not abstain from Dhikrullah. They too should be constantly engaged in the remembrance of Allah whilst enjoying the comforts of the bounties which whilst enjoying the comforts of the bounties which Allah has bestowed on them and Allah will give them elevated ranks in the hereafter.

26.2 Do so much Dhikr that people think your mad

Hadhrat Abu Saeed Khurdi (Ra) also narrates that Rasulullah (Peace be upon him) said:

�Engage in the Dhikr of Allah in such abundance that people comment that �you are insane�.� (Ahmed, Abu Ya�la, Ibn Habbaan)

26.3 Remember Allah in the places where people don�t usually remember Allah

It is mentioned in hadith that in a place where people are oblivious to dhikir, remembrance of Allah is like being steadfast in jihad, when others are running away. (Targhib, p. 193, vol. 3 ref. Bazar and Tibrani)

27. Always thank Allah for EVERYTHING

A�ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said, I asked, �Messenger of Allah, why do you exert yourself so much while all your sins have been forgiven?� To this he replied, �`A�ishah, should I not be a grateful servant of Allah?� (Muslim).

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, �Allah is pleased with His slave who says: `Al-hamdu lillah (praise be to Allah)� when he takes a morsel of food and drinks a draught of water.� (Muslim)

28. Praising Allah upon Sneezing and its Response

Abu Hurairah has related a Prophetic saying: "Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning. When anyone of you sneezes he should say �Alhamdulillah� and the hearer thereof should respond �Yar hamakullah� as it is a right of the one who sneezes." (Sahih Bukhari).

29. Allah will increase us the more thankful we are to him

-Allah likes those who are thankful [39:7]

-Allah rewards those who are thankful [3:144]

-Allah gives more benefits and blessings to those who are thankful [14:7]

-Allah protects those from harm who render Him thankfulness [54:34-35]

29.1 Dua to make in every dua to become of the appreciative

Allahumma a-inni ala Zikrika wa shukrika wa husni ibadatik

(O Allah! Help me to remember you, to thank you, and to worship you in the best of manners)

29.2 Thanking people

The Prophet (Peace be upon him)said, Whoever has a favour done for him and says �Jazaak Allahu khayran� has done his utmost to thank him. (At-Tirmithi)

30. Meet Your Brother with a happy face

Abu Dharr said, "The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, told me, 'Do not consider anything correct insignificant, even meeting your brother with a happy face." (Muslim)

31. Even Moving obstacles from peoples paths is a great reward

Abu Hurairra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "A man passed by a fallen branch in the middle of the road and said, 'By Allah, I will remove this from the path of the Muslims so that it does not inconvenience them' and he was admitted into the Garden." (Muslim)

32. Being kind to Parents is the best deed after Salat

It is narrated on the authority of Abdullah bin Mas'ood (may Allah be pleased with him), who observed:

"I asked Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him) which deed was the best." He (the Holy Prophet) replied: 'The Prayer at its appointed hour.' I (again) asked: "Then what?" He (the Holy Prophet) replied: 'Kindness to the parents� (Sahih Muslim: 120)

33. Sending Darud and Peace on the blessed Prophet (Peace be upon him)

The Holy Prophet as saying that "One sent by my Sustainer came to me and told me that 'Whoever from your ummah sends darud on you once ten good deeds are recorded on his behalf, his ten (minor) sins are pardoned and he is elevated by ten stages" (Sunan Nisai and Musnad Ahmed, AI-targhib li al Mundhari, P.157 volume 3)

And Anas (RA) a companion, has said that the eternally blessed Prophet said that "When my name is mentioned before anyone it is incumbent upon him to, send darud on me, and whosoever sends darud once, Allah sends His Mercy on him ten times (ibid.)

The best Darud is that which we read in our Salah and the shortest is to say "Salallahu Alaihi Wasallim"

34. Seeking forgiveness as much as possible everyday

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was free of all sin, but even then he has said that "I beg for Allah's forgiveness seventy times or more every day" (Bukhari)

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: "Whosoever regularly seeks Allah's pardon, Allah makes for him a way out of all tight corners, removes all his worries and grants him sustenance from sources he had never imagined." (Abu Damd, Kitab-al-Satat, Bab-al-Istighfar).

35. Planting Trees is like giving Sadaqa and a means of great Reward]

Planting plants and trees in appropriate places is an act of great merit

Anas (RA) has quoted Rasulallah (Peace be upon him):

"A man plants a tree or sows a field and a man or bird eats from it, the tree or field becomes a source of sadaqah for him." (Bukhari and Muslim)

36. Teach others beneficial Islamic things and have mercy of Allah and all creatures

Abu Umama has quoted the following words of our Prophet (Peace be upon him) �Allah the Most High and His Angels and all creatures of the Heavens and earth even the ants inside their ant-holes shower mercy one those who teach things of benefit to others.� (Jame-Tirmidhi)

37. Greet your Muslim brother whether you know them or not

Our holy Prophet (Peace be upon him), was asked as to which actions are good for Muslims. Among the actions which he enumerated was this: "You should greet people whether you know them or not."

It is reported about Abdullah bin Omar that sometimes he went out of the house only to greet any Muslims he met and thus to increase his merit. (Muvatta Imam Malik)

37.1 When entering ones house greet with salaam even when entering empty house

Our holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) instructed his personal servant Anas as follows, �Oh son! When you enter (your) house, greet your family members; this act shall be of benefit for both you and your family members." (Tirmidhi)

Even when entering an empty house one should greet with the intent that angels are being greeted.

37.2 Reward for giving FULL salaam is 30 good deeds

Imran bin Husayn(RA) recounts that once he and others were in the presence of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) when a man came and said, "Assalamu alaikum", to which the blessed Prophet (Peace be upon him) responded and said, "Ten" (i.e. the person who had greeted him had earned ten merits); then another man came and he "Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullah", to which the Prophet (Peace be upon him) responded and said "Twenty" (i.e. the person had earned twenty merits). Finally a third man came and said "Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatu", to which the exalted Prophet (Peace be upon him) responded and said, "Thirty" (i.e. the person had earned thirty merits) (Abu Daud, Tirmidhi, Jami al Usul, p. 602. vol 6)

38. Love for the sake of Allah and be under his shade

One hadith says, �Allah shall ask on the Day of Judgement, ' Where are those who loved for the sake of my Greatness? Today when there is no shade save Mine, I shall have them in My Shade.'" (Sahih Muslim: Kitab al Birr wa al Silah)

Another tells us that "On the Day of Judgement, those who had mutual love for the sake of Allah's Greatness shall be on pulpits of light and all shall envy them." (Jami' Tirmidhi, Kitab al Zuhd)

39. We will be with those whom we love even the Prophet (Peace be upon him)

Anas (RA) Quotes that someone asked our blessed and exalted Prophet,"When shall come the Day of Judgement?" Our Prophet asked him "What preparation have you made for the Day?" The man said, "Nothing, but I have love for Allah and for His Messenger." The Prophet said, "You shall be (on that Day) with whom you love."

Anas (RA) says that these words of the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) so pleased us as nothing had ever done. He further said, "I have great love for the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) and with Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar(RA), may Allah be pleased with them, and because of this love, I shall be in their company, even though my deeds are not equal to theirs." (Sahih Bukhari, kitab-al-Adab, chapter Alamah al Hubb fi Allah).

40. Magnify ones intention and get even MORE reward doing good deeds!

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Deeds (their correctness and rewards) depend upon intentions, and every person gets but what he has intended." (Agreed upon)

Ibn Al-Mubarak said: "May a small deed be magnified by the sincere intention; and may a great deed be diminished by the insincere intention"

If we do not correct our intention before doing a good act or deed then we will not get rewarded our deeds even if it is a great one, while we can magnify our humble deeds by a sincere intention.

May Allah increase us in good and give us the ability to do excessive good deeds so that we may please him and make him the happiest so we can achieve the highest ranks of Paradise. Ameen

�Surely Allah does not do injustice so much as an atom�s weight, and in case it is a fair deed, He will double it and bring from very close to Him a magnificent reward.� (4:40)

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COPY, PRINT AND FORWARD THIS ARTICLE SO THAT OTHERS MAY BENEFIT TOO INSHALLAH

Edited by the_truth - 05 December 2009 at 9:38am
the_truth View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 11:03pm
The function of good deeds

A Result for the workers:

("Surely Allah wrongs not even the weight of a small ant, and if it is a good deed he will multiply it").
(An-Nisa 4:40)

A Gift for those who remember:

("He who does a good deed shall have ten time the like of his credit"). (Al-An'am, 6:160)

A Refuge for the frightened:

("He who does a good deed shall receive better than it in reward, and from terror, they shall be safe on that Day"). (Holy Qur'an)

A Consolation for those who fall short:

("Verily good deeds erase bad deeds"). (Hud, 11:104)

A Wish for the righteous:

("And record for us good in this world and in the hereafter, we have indeed turned unto You). (Al-Ar'af, 7:56)

A Sign for the believers:

("Our Lord, grant us in this world that which is good, and in the hereafter that which is good). (Al-Baqarah)

("And the weighing that Day will be the true (weigh in); so as for those whose scale (of righteous deeds) will be heavy, they will be the successful ones"). (Al-Zalzalah, 99:7)

The First Treasure:

To say: "O Allah, forgive the believers, men and women, those of them who are alive and those who are dead".

'Ubaidah, narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "He who asks forgiveness for the believers, men and women, Allah will record for him a good deed, for each believer, man and woman".

(Related by Al-Haythami in Majma' Az-Zama'id)

The Second Treasure:

Reciting what you can of the Qur'an Ibn Mas'ud related that the Messenger of Allah said: "He who reads a letter from the Book of Allah (the Qur'an) shall get a good deed for it, and each deed is multiplied ten times. I do not mean alif lam min is a letter but alif is a letter, lam is a letter and mim is a letter". (Reported by At-Tirmidthi)

The Third Treasure:

To say:

"How perfect Allah is and I praise Him. How perfect Allah is, Al-'Adhim.

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "There are two words which are light on the tongue but heavy on the Scale and beloved to Ar-Rahman: "Subhana 'allahi wa bihamdhi Subhana 'allahil 'atheemi (Reported by Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Source:http://www.maktabah.net/store/Produc...tID=28728&ID=0
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 7:02pm
Assalimu Alaikum
thanks so much.  This will bless the deen, Insha Allah
Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
the_truth View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 9:35am
Dhikir of Allah during business or whilst working

Dhikir of Allah at intervals while engaged in business is a source of great reward and merit. It is mentioned in hadith that in a place where people are oblivious to dhikir, remembrance of Allah is like being steadfast in jihad, when others are running away. (Targhib, p. 193, vol. 3 ref. Bazar and Tibrani)

Abu Qabala, one of the famous followers (tabi'in) said that once two men met in the market and one said, "Come let us seek Allah's pardon when others are forgetful of Allah." The second man did it. The one of them died and the other saw him in a dream saying, "Allah had pardoned us on the very same evening we had met in the market."

So no matter where we are whether were at work, or studying at school, college or university or even if were in the market place or shopping if we remember Allah in places where people do not remember Allah much then surely we will be rewarded GREATLY!
the_truth View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2010 at 1:49pm

INVITING TOWARDS ALLAH: Whoever invites towards (the path of) guidance shall receive a reward equal to the rewards of those who follow him without this decreasing anything from their rewards. (Sahih Muslim)

the_truth View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 6:14pm

Hadhrat Jabir (RA), said: Whenever we went up a hill we would say Allaahu 'Akbar (Allah is the Most Great) and when we descended we would say Subhaanallah (Glory is to Allah). (Al-Bukhari)

the_truth View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 4:27pm
15 Easy Good deeds to do throughout Ramadan!

1. Sitting after Fajr remembering Allah until sunrise:

�Whoever prays fajr in congregation, then sits remembering Allah until sunrise, then prays 2 rakats of salat has a complete reward of (Nafil) Hajj and Umrah. (The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) repeated the word �complete� 3 times for emphasis) [Tirmidhi]

2. A house in Jannah for praying 12 Sunnah each day:

�Allah will build house in Jannah for whoever is diligent in obsering 12 sunnah rakat (as follows) 4 rakat before and 2 after Dhur, 2 after the Maghrib, 2 after Ishaa, and 2 before Fajr.� [Tirmidhi]

3. Attending lectures in the Masjid.

�Whoever goes to the mosque not desiring except to learn or teach what is good has the reward of a pilgrim who completed his Hajj� [Tabarani]

4. Visiting a sick Muslim.

�There is no Muslim who visits a sick muslim early in the morning but 70 thousand angles send blessings upon him until evening comes, and if he visits him in the evening, 70 thousand angles send blessings upon him until morning comes, and he will have a garden in paradise.� [Tirmidhi]

5. Providing food for breaking the fast.

�Whoever provides food for breaking of the fast for a fasting person receives the reward of the fasting person, without the reward of the fasting person being reduced in any way.� [Tirmidhi & Ibn Majah]

6. Standing in prayer on Laylatul Qadr.

�Laylatul Qadr is better than a thousand months.� [Quran 97:3]

So it is, superior to approx 83 years of worship! Subhaanallah most do not even live for that long!

7. Millions of Good deeds remembering Allah whilst shopping:

Whoever enters a market and says:

�Laa ilaha illallah wahdahu la shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu yuhyi wa yumeetu wa huwa hayyun laa yamoot, bi yadihil khair, wa huwa �ala kulli shayin qadeer�

[There is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, alone without partner, to Him belongs dominion and praise, He causes life and feath and He is the Living and does not die. In His Hand is all the good, and He is over all things competent]

Allah will write for him/her a million good deeds and erase a million bad deeds and raise him a million levels.� [Tirmidhi]

8. That Which Shall Have no Equal on the Day of Resurrection:

Abu Huraira (RA) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:�

Whoever says one hundred times in a day:

�La ilaha illal-lah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahu-l-hamd wa huwa �ala kulli shai�in qadir,�

{�None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Alone Who has no partners, to Him belongs Dominion and to Him belong all the Praises, and He has power over all things (i.e. Omnipotent)�,}

he will get the same reward as given for manumitting ten slaves; and one hundred good deeds will be written in his accounts, and one hundred sins will be deducted from his accounts, and it (his saying) will be a shield for him from Satan on that day till night, and nobody will be able to do a better deed except the one who does more than he.� [Bukhari,Book #75, Hadith #412]

9. Asking Allah to forgive ALL Muslims.

�Whoever seeks forgiveness for beleiving men and believing woman, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man and believing woman.� [Tabarani]

That is a reward for EVERY believer we make dua for. Since it is Ramadan then we get 70 good deeds for every believer we make dua for. So for simple dua taking a few seconds will give us BILLIONS of good deeds! Subhaanallah!

10. Forgiveness like the foam of the sea:

- Abu Hurayrah (RA) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:
�Whoever says: Subhanallah wa bi hamdih (Praise and glory be to Allah)

100 times, morning and evening, his sins will be erased even if they are like the foam on the sea.� [Bukhari]

- Jaa�bir (RA) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:
For the person who recites: SUB-HAN�ALLAH HIL AZEEM WA BI-HAM�DIHI, (Pure and perfect is Allah in his glory and praise) �

A date palm will be planted for him in Paradise� [Tirmidhi]

11. Thousand Good deeds in 2 Minutes

If a person says �Subhanallah� (glory be to Allah) 100 times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him and a thousand bad deeds are wiped away. [B][Muslim]

12. Being pleased on the Day of Resurrection:

Allah has promised that anyone who says this three times every morning or evening will be pleased on the Day of Resurrection:

رَضِيتُ باللهِ رَبَّاً، وَبِالْإِسْلَامِ دِيناً، وَبِمُحَمَّدٍ صَلَى اللهُ عَلِيهِ وَسَلَّمَ نَبِيَّاً�.

Radheetu billaahi Rabban, wa bil-�Islaami deenan, wa bi-Muhammadin (sallallaahu �alayhi wa sallama) Nabiyyan.

I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as my religion and with Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as my Prophet. [Fortress of the Muslim]

13. Reciting three phrases heavy on the scales:

Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith reported: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there and said,�Are you still in the same position as I left you.� I replied in the affirmative. Thereupon the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, �I recited four phrases three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier. These are:

Subhan-Allah wa bihamdihi, �adada khalqihi, wa rida-a nafsihi, wa zinatah �arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi

{Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise).� [Muslim]

14. A Rare treasure of Paradise:

Abu Dharr (RA) narrated that Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: �Should I not tell you of one treasure of the unlimited treasures of Paradise?� I replied spontaneously �Oh Rasulallah that would be an honour indeed!� Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: �That rare treasure is: LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH.�

(�The strength to do good and to refrain from evil comes from the grace and mercy of Allah!�) [Ibn Majah]

15. Beautiful Supplication for Forgiveness:

Shaddad bin Aus (RA) narrates that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:
�The best supplication for seeking forgiveness (Syed-ul-Istighfar) is to say:

`Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta, khalaqtani wa ana `abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, a`udhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, abu�u laka bini`matika `alayya, wa abu�u bidhanbi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta.

(O Allah! You are my Rubb. There is no true god except You. You have created me, and I am Your slave, and I hold to Your Covenant as far as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge the favours that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess my sins. Pardon me, for none but You has the power to pardon).�

He who supplicates in these terms during the day with firm belief in it and dies on the same day (before the evening), he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah; and if anyone supplicates in these terms during the night with firm belief in it and dies before the morning, he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah.� [Al-Bukhari].

So let us not be in UTTER regret on the day of judgement:

Hadhrat Mu�az (RA) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: �THE INHABITANTS OF PARADISE WILL NOT BE GRIEF-STRICKEN OR SORROWFUL ABOUT ANYTHING THEY DID IN THE LIFE OF THE WORLD EXCEPT FOR THE TIME THEY SPENT WITHOUT BEING IN THE DHIKR-(REMEMBRANCE) OF ALLAH.�[Tab�raani]

Therefore let us act upon these EASY good deeds throughout Ramadan and until our very last breath!
the_truth View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 12:28pm
BRIEF DEEDS WITH HUGE REWARD

1.Calling someone towards Good: Each day we learn something good or some new deed. If we share this with others, we will get the same reward. The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: �Whoever guides [another> to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it.� [Saheeh Muslim> Also, �By Allah, if Allah were to guide one man through you it would be better for you than the best type of camels.� [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

2.Visiting the Sick: The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said �There is not a Muslim that visits another in the morning except that 70,000 angels ask forgiveness for him until the night, and if he visits him at night then 70,000 angels ask forgiveness for him until the morning, and he will have earned a garden in paradise� (At-Tirmidhi).

3.Reciting Surah al-Ikhlas: Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur�an. Imagine reciting it 3 times so the reward will be equivalent to reciting the whole Quran! Abu Sa�eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: �The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to his Companions: �Could any one of you not recite one third of the Qur�aan in one night?� They found the idea too difficult and said: �Who among us could do that, O Messenger of Allaah?� He said, �Allaahu�l-ahad, al- samad [i.e., Soorat al-Ikhlaas> is one third of the Qur�an.�� (Reported by Bukhari, 4628)

4.Build a house in Paradise by Reciting Surat Ikhlas: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Whoever recites Qul huwa Allaahu ahad ten times, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.� (Saheeh al-Jaami� al-Sagheer, 6472).

5.Reciting Dua upon Entering market: The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: �Whoever enters a market and says: �Laa ilaaha ill Allah waHdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul Hamdu yuHyi wa yumeetu wa huwa Hayyun laa yamoot, bi yadihil khayr, wahuwa `alaa kulli shay�in qadeer� [there is nothing worthy of worship but Allah, He is alone without partner, to Him belongs dominion and praise, he causes life and death and He is the Living and does not die. In His Hand is all the good, and He is over all things competent.> Allah will write for him a million good deeds, erase a million of his bad deeds and raise him a million levels.� [at-Tirmidhi]

6.Glorifying and Praising Allah: In few minutes we can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) many times. Allah�s Messenger (Peace be Upon Him) said: �Whoever says �Subhaanallaahi wa bihamdihi� [Glorified is Allah and praised is He> one hundred times a day, will have his sins forgiven even if they are like the foam of the sea.� [al-Bukhari and Muslim]

7.Preserving the ties of kinship: In a Hadith, it is stated: � Whoever wishes that his provision be increased and his age lengthened, let him maintain the ties of kinship.� [al-Bukhari and Muslim]

8.Remembrance of Allah: The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon Him) said: �When I say �Subhaan Allaah, wa�l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar� [Glory be to Allah, praise be to Allah, there is no god except Allah, and Allah is Most Great>, this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon.� [Muslim]

9.Performing prayers in congregation: The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon Him) said: �Prayer in congregation is superior to praying individually twenty-seven times.� [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

10.Performing Salat ul-Ishraq: In a Hadith reported by Prophet (Peace be upon Him) �Whoever prays al-ghadaa (i.e. al fajr) in congregation, then sits remembering Allah until sunrise, then prays two units of prayer, has a complete reward of Hajj and `Umrah [The Prophet repeated �complete� three times for emphasizing>.� [at-Tirmidhi]

11.Performing `Umrah in the month of Ramadhan: The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: �`Umrah in Ramadhan is equal to a Hajj with me� [al-Bukhari]

12.Providing food for breaking of the fast: �Whoever provides food for breaking of the fast of a fasting person receives the reward of the fasting person, without the reward of the fasting person being reduced in any way.� [at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah]

13.Deeds in the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah: First 10 days of Dhul Hijjah are very important with regards to virtue. The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: �There are no days in which righteous deeds are dearer to Allah than these ten [days of Dhul Hijjah>.� They said, �O Messenger, even jihad in the way of Allah?� He said, �Not even jihad in the way of Allah, except for the man who leaves with his wealth, and does not return with any of it (life or wealth).� [al-Bukhari]

14.Reciting Four Phrases: Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith (R.A) reported that the Prophet came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: �Are you still in the same position as I left you.� I replied in the affirmative. Thereupon the Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: �I recited four phrases three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier. These are: �Subhan-Allah Wa bihamdihi, �adada khalqihi, wa rida-a nafsihi, wa zinatah �arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi� [Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise]� [Muslim]

15.Performing the Friday Prayers: narrated from Abu Hurayrah (R.A) that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon Him) said: �Whoever does ghusl then comes to Jumu�ah, and prays as much as Allah decrees for him, then listens attentively until the khutbah is over, then prays with him (the imam), will be forgiven for (his sins) between that and the next Jumu�ah and three more days.� [Narrated by Muslim, 857]

16.Fasting 6 Days in Shawwal: Abu Ayyoob (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.� (Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa�i and Ibn Maajah)

17.Jannah becomes obligatory: Abu Sa�id (R.A) said that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said �Whoever says �Radeetu billahi rabban, Wa bil-Islaami deenan, Wa bi-Muhammadin Nabiyan� Jannah becomes obligatory for him (to enter). (Abu-Dawud)

Most of these actions will not cost us anything; they will not tire us or take much effort. May we find these small Deeds easy to perform and may it become a means of forgiveness for us. Ameen.

Source: http://www.alquranclasses.com/easy-deeds-huge-reward/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic