IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muhammad as a partner with Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muhammad as a partner with Allah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 9:54pm
You are confusing yourself Ace! I don't know why?

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 11:50pm
Nope, its me who's been of one fact since the beginning, that Muhammad SAW is not considered any partner of any sort to God. Its Mr Ron who thinks otherwise.

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 19 June 2010 at 12:06am
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2010 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

I know I'm kinda jumping in late in this thread but I'm curious to ask whether being divine necessarily makes you co-equal to God.

No, not co-equal; but�as I said earlier, a junior partner is still a partner.

Well the concept of partner and prophet may just be another issue of a play on words. Are all prophets essentially partners with God? Not in the sense of worship but in the sense of revealing God's word as a teacher's assistant assigns tasks for the teacher's students when the teacher is absent?
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 9:02pm
Gibbs,
yes, like the famous "I (Jesus) and God are one" often interpreted by Christians that Jesus is saying that he is god.
All of God's prophets are one with God in bringing guidance to people, partners in bringing the truth ETC., being on God's side does not mean being God, unlike the present day Christian teachings according to which Jesus is a partner in godhead, a god.
So, yes, the prophet (pbuh) and all of those who truthfully follow and and preach others to do the same are partners or friends of Allah, but they are not Allah, nor part of Allah as godheads.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 27 June 2010 at 9:04pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Well the concept of partner and prophet may just be another issue of a play on words. Are all prophets essentially partners with God? Not in the sense of worship but in the sense of revealing God's word as a teacher's assistant assigns tasks for the teacher's students when the teacher is absent?

If there is no difference between a prophet and a partner, then Muhammad himself would be a partner of Allah.  Clearly that can't be what the Quran intends.  The challenge is to figure out exactly what the Quran means by "partner", without including Muhammad.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2010 at 12:53am
Well your issue it seems what partner implies but it seems to be common sense to me. Partner for Muslims may mean co-equal not just in essence but presence or ability. Since Muhammad is a human he can only be deemed divine as a prophet. He may be a temporary partner in the sense of working miracles and doing God's work (I assume).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic