IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Arts & Literatures
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic Drawings on EGGS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic Drawings on EGGS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisdomseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 5:19am
Asslamu alaikum,

Really nice sister mashallah!
But I think they are not hen's eggs, definitely not the Indian kind...could be some other kind...could be geese i guess..well don't know.
But they really are beautiful...and he surely must be using some kind of technique to prevent them from breaking.
jazakallahu khair for sharing.
Atlantia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 9:32am
I agree with 'wisdomseeker', they look like Goose eggs.
I think from looking at the pictures that some have been 'blown' (a small hole drilled at the top and bottom, then the contents blown out) so they should be fine to display forever :)
Have a look at this wiki page for some pretty examples of 'Easter' painted eggs.

Edit: I just noticed that the link I posted isn't showing? Are links not allowed?
If not then do have a look at Wikipedia and search for 'easter egg'

Edited by Atlantia - 28 November 2009 at 7:18am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2015 at 8:44pm
Russia has this practice of the painting of eggs too... more specifically Ukraine...beautiful art.  It seems to be an eastern tradition from pagan times.  I wonder which originated first... in Russia or in Arabia.  I wonder who got from who?  I would think it was passed on during the Ottoman reign of power.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2015 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Atlantia Atlantia wrote:

I agree with 'wisdomseeker', they look like Goose eggs.
I think from looking at the pictures that some have been 'blown' (a small hole drilled at the top and bottom, then the contents blown out) so they should be fine to display forever :)
Have a look at this wiki page for some pretty examples of 'Easter' painted eggs.

Edit: I just noticed that the link I posted isn't showing? Are links not allowed?
If not then do have a look at Wikipedia and search for 'easter egg'

Greetings Atlantia,

You are correct, the practice involves blowing the contents of the egg out through a small hole made in the egg.  I remember being fascinated about this practice as a child.  Smile
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Aman Shaikh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Shaikh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 6:36am
Salam Walikum

Awesome Creativity.
sophieleo View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophieleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 2:10am
These eggs are looking unique and creative. Islamic art is looking really amazing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic