IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please let us study Qura'an and Sunnah
    Posted: 29 September 2009 at 9:56pm

Ok what od you thin if we start the first two days with Surah Ikhlas.
 This is number 122 in Quraan. This suraa a lone = 1/3 of the whole Quraan.  Me and you will know more when we study.

May Allah help us.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 29 September 2009 at 9:58pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 5:36am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Sister, as you said, we will take up first three pages of Qur'an with its explanation - i feel instead we take up 3 ayaath or 4 ayaath, with deep understanding, referring to various commentaries.

Right now, as you said, we will go for Surah Ikhlaas, insha Allah.

But again, i cannot give you a word of commitment, though shall try my best to be here. Alhamdullilah, am learning word to word study of Qur'an thru a renowed scholar. We are in Surah-Al-Imran.

What i feel is we will not take up number of pages, instead aim at number of ayaath we can learn. Anyways, we will also look into other sisters suggestions, if at all they hold. Also, we will look for quality based study rather than quantity.

Secondly, we are to be very much careful of the intentions. It may lead to Ar-Riyaa {Show off}, if a sister completes her homework to sign in first or let know others that she learnt. So let us keep reminding each other abt this important aspect.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 11:58am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

What i feel is we will not take up number of pages, instead aim at number of ayaath we can learn. Anyways, we will also look into other sisters suggestions, if at all they hold. Also, we will look for quality based study rather than quantity.
This is 100% right. So we will follow your advice about this.

Secondly, we are to be very much careful of the intentions. It may lead to Ar-Riyaa {Show off},
Sister, I know we have to care for our intentions but if you are sure you are doing this for Allah and you feel if you tell others about it, they will be encouraged to do as you do or even better, I feel it is really nice. For me, I  become lazy so quickly but when I see that you are working hard, I try to do like you and feel active. That is why I told my sisters to tell us about their achievements, so that we become more active.
  if a sister completes her homework to sign in first or let know others that she learnt. So let us keep reminding each other abt this important aspect.
 May Allah bless you. This point is great. May Allah help us.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 2:31pm
Asaalam Alaikum,

For me I am a quality over quantity kinda person. I also like the time to think, reflect and implement.

Also, I thin it is good for Hadith, to have the details, was it for a specific event etc.  And to group subjects to gether, like say greeting people.. have several if they are the same topic. If possible

JUst my personal opinion. Smile
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Asaalam Alaikum,

For me I am a quality over quantity kinda person. I also like the time to think, reflect and implement.

Also, I thin it is good for Hadith, to have the details, was it for a specific event etc.  And to group subjects to gether, like say greeting people.. have several if they are the same topic. If possible

JUst my personal opinion. Smile

Wa Alaikum Asslam  Wa Rahmatullah

These are very good idea. You make me feel we are true sisters. I really like the idea of Hadith. We will do it inshallah.
So, inshallah, the result will be rewarding. We all will increase our imaan together and feel the sweet taste of imaan in our hearts.
 May Allah be pleased.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 6:59pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Glad to see you sis Hayfa.

By the way, "full of hopes", are we to wait for more sisters to join ? Whenever, we are to start, do let us know here. Assign us the surah/ayah, or hadith or asma-al-husna, and the time limit as well.

JazakiAllahu khayr.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:51pm

Wa Alaikum Asslam

May Allah bless you all and be pleased on you. I think we should wait for the rest at least two days to see our plan. I am sure they all want to join us to be closer to Allah and have His rewards. I feel I am enthusiastic about starting our plan. But as I told you the number of sisters who will join us will grow up and it will be a good chance to remember our ties for the sake of Allah.
 Inshallah .. we will do it together.

May Allah help us ... Smile

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 4:28am
Assallamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh Dear sisters. . .

I like Full of Hopes initiative. I agree that it is easier to study the Qur'an/Hadith in Halaqas like this. It keeps us on schedule.

I also agree with Sis Hidayaths warning about Riyaa - so to avoid Riyaa - instead of asking sisters to sign in and tell us how much they did - how about sisters take turns each week doing verses and explaining ? And the other sisters could then chip in with thier understanding? Just an idea . . .

I will inshAllah try to take part in this plan . . . because I am openly admitting that otherwise I am very lazy and often neglect ibaadah Cry  Ouch

Although I also believe that there are lesser chances of Riyaa online - since we all are anonymous to a certain extent here - and don't know each other that well. . . . so, less showing off ? In physical/real study-circles, Riyaa does come in, since some of us may try to look better than others! Wink
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic