IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lost a loved one  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost a loved one

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost a loved one
    Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:00pm

I lost my husband to cancer back in 2002.

I thought God had forget about me and all my dreams of a good marriage and home with a family. I started researching religions for answers about death. In 2004 I took Shadaha, I'm find it difficult to remind as I'm getting alot of harrassment from both muslims and non-muslims about converting, I keep getting asked why and stay in your own religion.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:55pm

Assalamu alaikum Sister Sahara,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  The Muslims who are giving you a hard time about becoming a Muslim are those you should try to stay away from, they do not have a good understanding of Islam (may Allah open their eyes).

Are you somewhere where there is more than one masjid (mosque)?  If you can't find welcoming and helpful Muslims in your masjid, try another - or, try meeting other Muslims than the ones who give you a hard time.

Sahara, you have been given a priceless gift from Allah, in that He opened your eyes to Islam, don't let the bad behavior of others deter you from the path.  Find friends who will be supportive and helpful to you.  You might even find some support or inspiration here at the IC forum, in sha'allah (Allah willing).

Being a new Muslim is not easy for anyone.  You will find lots of stories here and elsewhere on the net about the struggle new Muslims had to go through.  All of them will tell you that it was so worth it! 

Read Qur'an everyday, be steadfast in your salat (prayers), and pray to Allah sincerely asking for courage and strength to embrace your new faith.  Allah does answer sincere prayers!

And always keep in mind that the life of this world is a trial and we all are tried in different ways.  If we strive hard to please Allah, things will fall into place.

May Allah help you gain the resolve you need to stay steadfast on the straight path!  There are lots of sisters here who can help you - just ask!

You might find this article very helpful:

http://islamonline.net/English/HadithAndItsSciences/ThisHadi th/2005/04/01.shtml

Peace, ummziba.

Edited by ummziba
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
sahara View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 2:39pm

They don't understand why. They ask me why a American would want to become a muslim when we have our own religion. I wonder if I'm being tested.

Meedo View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 4:35pm

You are .

Like all other believers in God were .

Take it easy and dont burden yrself with more than you can take and trust in yrself and in Allah and ditch bad muslims who will be so shallow to Judge you while you are already struggling as a new muslims . Some muslims are really bad image to islam.

Islam is between you and Allah. There is no pope to judge you .

Take care

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:26pm

Edited by firewall
muslim_gal1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslim_gal1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:03pm
salaamz sister..i am soo sorri to hear that
nadeem_aus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadeem_aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 9:29pm
salaam sister Sahara. Welcome to the fold!  I hope that you manage to get less criticism from very myopic brothers and sisters.  Stay firm to you beliefs and things will be fine.
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by sahara sahara wrote:

They don't understand why. They ask me why a American would want to become a muslim when we have our own religion. I wonder if I'm being tested.

Dear sister,
i am a Turkish sister. I born into a muslim family in Turkey.

Well..

My mum, my aunties, my female cousins, my sister, my friends in Turkey, most of the female relatives and neighbors.. None of them is wearing hijaab.

I started to wear my hijaab last year. I can say i just started to live islam 2 years ago.. So think me also as a revert :)

And believe me,
nobody don't understand why i am wearing hijaab!!

I had really big problems with my family when i told them over the phone my decision. (I am in UK then they are in Turkey)

One of my best friends refused to communicate with me anymore! She finished our 7 years relationship because of my hijaab!

Even muslim people as well don't understand why a muslim girl wants to practice her religion!!

But inshallah with Allah's help you will cope with the problems. Nothing is endless.. Belive me.. i had the tough times.. Elhamdullillah everything's ok now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic