IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims Unite In Prayers Against Al-Qaeda  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims Unite In Prayers Against Al-Qaeda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocitreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Khadija1021 Khadija1021 wrote:

Second, it is wrong to equate the actions and behaviors of President Bush with Americans.  President Bush did not ask the American public whether or not we wanted to go to war.  Nor did he get the permission of congress.  Although many Americans are supportive of the troops that are in the Middle East, they do so not in support of the war, but in support of their fathers, brothers, son and such. 

exactly.  Im very glad some people see that it is unfair for any group or country to be steriotyped as all thinking the same way.

Peace, its more than a word its a dream.
rocitreal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocitreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

As the article akhi Moskva shared seems to indicate, I see the US and Al-Qaeda as two evil forces in battle with one another. May they destroy each other Insha'Allah.

Al Qaeda is obviously a group who all follow the same guildlines and beliefs however the US is not.  It is made up of many differant types of people from many differant religions and cultures unlike Al Qaeda.  To me it is unfair to group all americans together and call them evil.  What about the muslim americans, they are evil to in your eyes for simply living in the US ?

rocitreal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocitreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by amna_ali amna_ali wrote:

Asslamualaikum

Well said Khadija.I totally agree. "Islamic Terrorism" how can these words be juxtaposed? Islam is not what terrorists are doing. Islam is religion of peace and love. Same is the case with "Fundamentalist Muslims."

i see your point of view but they do claim to be Islamic, in fact that is the very center to there movement so to discard there religious views would be incorrect.  The fact that they use Quran scriptures to explain what they are doing is troubling.  What is more troubling to me is that these scriptures exist in the book. 5:51 is one of the most troubling to me.  Throughout the book I see referances to Jews and Christians as being unjust people not guided by Allah thus many could read as being guilded by Satan.  Jihad itself is built into the religion.  The forced Islamic Views and laws that have been forced on so many people are well within the Quran's teachings.

Im glad that there are so many peaceful Muslims.  Im not a Christian but do live around many here in the US.  I see how easy it is for religion to take over someone's life.

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

They should know for a certainty that most Muslims do not support them [al Qaeda] and will pray against them.

Thanks for your thoughts herjihad.  They are greatly appreciated and greatly needed.  It is for Muslims like you that I pray for God's great blessing, protection, peace and joy.  I say this as a Christian..
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by rocitreal rocitreal wrote:

Originally posted by amna_ali amna_ali wrote:

Asslamualaikum

Well said Khadija.I totally agree. "Islamic Terrorism" how can these words be juxtaposed? Islam is not what terrorists are doing. Islam is religion of peace and love. Same is the case with "Fundamentalist Muslims."

i see your point of view but they do claim to be Islamic, in fact that is the very center to there movement so to discard there religious views would be incorrect.  The fact that they use Quran scriptures to explain what they are doing is troubling.  What is more troubling to me is that these scriptures exist in the book. 5:51 is one of the most troubling to me.  Throughout the book I see referances to Jews and Christians as being unjust people not guided by Allah thus many could read as being guilded by Satan.  Jihad itself is built into the religion.  The forced Islamic Views and laws that have been forced on so many people are well within the Quran's teachings.

Im glad that there are so many peaceful Muslims.  Im not a Christian but do live around many here in the US.  I see how easy it is for religion to take over someone's life.

Thanks for your thoughts rocitreal.  You said, "Jihad itself is built into the religion."  I started a string in this area called 'just jihad' in an attempt to explore the teaching of jihad within Islam and whether and how it relates to the 'just war' concept in Christian teachings and debate.

I think if more and more Muslims would reject the offered Qur'anic underpinnings of radical extremist jihadist teaching and instead would strongly advocate a more defensive view of 'jihad' as protection from outside attack, then AQ and its ilk would lose important support and underpinnings.  The War against Terror/War for Freedom is NOT and must not be a war against Islam.
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 2:55am

Bismillah

Jazzak Allahu Khair to all who have commented. Indeed there are some specifics in the article that i do not agree with, too. The main point is that this is not OUR war no matter how much both sides (GWB or AQ) try to convince us...

However, we are nearing the time when our lables of national identity will no longer mean much. The time when humankind will be divided into believers and non-believers. There is place for Americans, Mexicans, Ehtiopians in both camps... but the main identity will be fundamentally based on something else.   

Our embassies will be mosques...

MOCKBA
amna_ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amna_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 4:22am

Peace Rocitreal

Yes Al Qaida members do claim to be Islamic in their acts. But do you think mere claim is enough to make you believe their acts as Islamic. Shadaad, Pharoah, Numrood claimed to be gods. Were their claim going to make them gods??? 

One should keep one�s eyes and ears open to decide pragmatically. First verify and then accept or reject ideas. Claim without proper evidence is bogus.

You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them. (Quran17:36)

Islam is a religion of peace, love, and brotherhood. It stresses on justice and freedom of an individual. Human life is sacred. No one is allowed to kill innocent lives. In Quran Allah says:

"...., we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. .... " (Quran 5:32)

".... You shall not kill - GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. These are His commandments to you that you may understand." (Quran 6:151)

"You shall not kill any person - for GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. ....." (Quran17:33)

Yes Muslims are allowed to fight back in their defense or for the enforcement of peace and justice. And it is Jihad to fight against oppression and terrorism.

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves not transgressors. (Quran 2:190)

But again with some condition �do not transgress limits.� Islam gives religious freedom. It does not allow its followers to kill those who differ in faith. There are several verses in Quran the clearly tells What Allah wants from His people.

"There shall be no compulsion in religion...". (Quran 2:256)

GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable." (Quran 60:8)"

If they resort to peace, so shall you, and put your trust in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient." (Quran 8:61)"

"...... Therefore, if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD gives you no excuse to fight them." (Quran 4:90)

Now come to the verse that you are referring to it sates;

O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust. (Quran 5:51)

It dose not mean that Muslims can not have Christians or Jews as friends. Here it warns against only those Christians and Jews who fight against Muslims but not those who are peaceful. This verse is wrongly taken by Al Qaida members who think it their duty to fight against every Jew and Christian. These are terrorists who call themselves Muslims. They have overlooked what Allah really wants from us.  

Rocitreal wrote:

�Throughout the book I see referances to Jews and Christians as being unjust people not guided by Allah thus many could read as being guilded by Satan.  Jihad itself is built into the religion.  The forced Islamic Views and laws that have been forced on so many people are well within the Quran's teachings.�

I think you better quote those specific verses.

As far as Jihad is concerned I quote from article �Save a Life, Save All Humanity--Take a Life, Kill All Humanity
What the Islamic scriptures really say about jihad and violence.�

�According to 'Abdur-Rashid, there are three levels of jihad:

Personal Jihad: The most excellent jihad is that of the soul. This jihad, called the Jihadun-Nafs, is the intimate struggle to purify the soul of satanic influence--both subtle and overt. It is the struggle to cleanse one's spirit of sin. This is the most important level of jihad.

Verbal Jihad: On another occasion, the Prophet said, "The most excellent jihad is the speaking of truth in the face of a tyrant." He encouraged raising one's voice in the name of Allah on behalf of justice.

Physical Jihad: This is combat waged in defense of Muslims against oppression and transgression by the enemies of Allah, Islam and Muslims. We are commanded by Allah to lead peaceful lives and not transgress against anyone, but also to defend ourselves against oppression by "fighting against those who fight against us." This "jihad with the hand" is the aspect of jihad that has been so profoundly misunderstood in today's world.� (Source
http://beliefnet.com/story/87/story_8753_1.html)

Ma Salaam

Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. God is free of all wants and He is most forebearing. (Al baqra: 263)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 4:37am

Bismillah,

Well said Khadija, Amna.

"Which scenario is better for the Iraqis? Forget all this geopolitical intrigue.
What would be the result as it affects todays' Iraqi citizen?"

My answer to this is my post about George Galloway, the British politician, who asserts that Iraqi's by majority want the Invading Forces to leave Iraq.  We rely on other people to give us information, and must choose what seems accurate and what does not.  With the information I have, Galloway's comments seem to be the most accurate.  And anything that Bush is in support of is something I view warily. (Not including his political niceties about Muslims, of course!)

B: We all appreciate people who would say a prayer to our Loving Lord for us.  JazzakAllahKhayr!  Allah, SWT, loves the prayers of just, good people.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic