IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims Unite In Prayers Against Al-Qaeda  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims Unite In Prayers Against Al-Qaeda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslims Unite In Prayers Against Al-Qaeda
    Posted: 17 July 2005 at 5:40am

Bismillah,

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&u=/nm/ 20050717/ts_nm/iraq_dc_183

This link talks of a father who could only find his son's head after the fuel tanker explosion in Musayyib.  It also has al-Qaeda's request that Muslims all over the world pray for them and their victory.

We might not have money or power, but we can pray for al-Qaeda's destruction, demise, and that they all burn in hell.  Let's let them know how much we hate them and that our Loving, Generous Lord will send them to hell forever for their evil ways.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 5:44am
Sister,i am not sure if Al-Qaeda is live on the issue...as i know from the soldiers of US Army!(not it's people) in my city,they are capable of composing every kind of plan which will make their ways easier...Allah Knows the best...
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 6:08am

PHILIPS: The Game of Tag and 'He Started It'
Jul 16, 2005
By M. Phillips

This won't sit well with anyone who sees terrorism as inherently evil and the battle against it as unquestionably good, but there's a startling string of similarities between the motivations and even the methods of Islamic terrorists and those of the neoconservative hawks who orchestrated America's war in Iraq.
American leaders believe the global spread of democracy is essential to peace. Islamic terrorists believe peace and harmony come only with life under fundamental Muslim doctrine. Each sees the other as dangerously wrong and a grave threat, both to its way of life and to world order. Each believes it stands upon the moral high ground, that God is on its side and that the other is evil. America had no more earthly authority to invade Iraq, beyond its self-bestowed right to do so, than terrorists had in blowing up London buses and trains.

Both are so driven to export and foist their world visions onto other nations that they're willing to kill innocent people to achieve, as each side sees it, a greater good. Each side relies on emotionally charged rhetoric and propaganda to convince its public that its cause is just and noble. Terrorist leaders tell Muslims that Western culture and capitalism are the devil's work, that the "infidels" want to control their land and oil. President Bush tells Americans terrorists are "cold-blooded killers" who "hate our freedoms."

Christian Rapturists who see this as a holy war believe they will reach higher, everlasting spiritual planes upon death. So do suicide bombers. American leaders foster a "they started it" argument, that 9/11 provoked the invasion of Iraq. Terrorists cite support for Israel, the World Bank and other Western entrees into the Middle East to say "No, they started it." Both point to the blood on each other's hands and tell their publics "See?"

Many call the invasion of Iraq an "illegal war." American leaders label terrorists "illegal combatants" in that war. Should the leaders of either side ever be captured by the opposition, they will be prosecuted in courts of foregone conclusions and put to death for crimes against humanity. Many believe terrorists exist only to wreak violence.

But if terrorists believed they could more effectively rid their societies of Western influence through nonviolence, they would do so. President Bush has said as much about his own rationale for invading Iraq - if Saddam Hussein would have resigned his dictatorship and fled into exile, opening Iraq to democracy, America wouldn't have invaded.With neither scenario plausible, rather than curtail its goals, each side resorts to violence to see its worldview to fruition.

Regardless which side "started it," the bombings in London prove America can't "finish it" through military might. As it is, people too easily paint this war in black and white (and, invariably, as their own side in white). Our very peace, and peace of mind, depends on stepping outside one's nationalist, religious and ideological perspectives to paint both sides the same color. Without the convenient borders separating good from evil, we're left with two distinct, sincere, flawed, incompatible systems - capitalist-fueled democracy and Islamic fundamentalism.

They come into conflict only when one encroaches on the other's perceived territory, geographical or otherwise. America can best neutralize terrorism through its own behavior. With a foreign policy divested of arrogance and sense of divine right, America would drop the notions of establishing military bases in the Middle East, leveraging poorer nations through forced economic reforms and imposing democracies on sovereign nations. Yes, this is exactly what terrorists want, but if that route leads to a true and deep peace, is that too much to ask? America can continue doing business with the Middle East without injecting itself into the Middle East. Middle Eastern nations and their citizens would struggle and succeed on their own terms toward social, political and religious equilibrium, and the gasoline fueling Islamic terrorism toward the West would evaporate. Until then, in this game of tag, neither is good nor evil. We are both simply "it," and much the deader for it.

M. Phillips is the pseudonym for a writer on the staff of a daily newspaper in Minnesota's Twin Cities. Email him at [email protected].

MOCKBA
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 3:34pm

Bismillah,

My strong feeling to pray against Al-Qaeda arose because they requested it after this heinous attack on an Iraqi town and its people.  They should know for a certainty that most Muslims do not support them and will pray against them.

We could also pray to Allah, SWT, against all terrorists as well, including American Government officials bombing innocents and ignoring collateral damage all over the world.

Our prayers are powerful.  Let's use them.

"But if terrorists believed they could more effectively rid their societies of Western influence through nonviolence, they would do so. President Bush has said as much about his own rationale for invading Iraq - if Saddam Hussein would have resigned his dictatorship and fled into exile, opening Iraq to democracy, America wouldn't have invaded.With neither scenario plausible, rather than curtail its goals, each side resorts to violence to see its worldview to fruition."

I've known other people who did not believe evil is inherent.  I do believe that it is, and that some people enjoy violence, bloodshed, and destruction.  Such a soul in any world would cause havoc and destruction.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 5:29pm

Assalamu alaikum,

As the article akhi Moskva shared seems to indicate, I see the US and Al-Qaeda as two evil forces in battle with one another. May they destroy each other Insha'Allah.

Yusuf
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:36am

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother MOCKBA, although I agree with some of the major points of the article you posted, I have two major problems with it. 

First, the person that wrote it uses the phrase "Islamic terrorism."  I am strongly opposed to the use of this word and anyone who uses it in reference to what is going on in the world does not truly understand the truth about Islam.  This bothers me tremendously.  Also, the writer refers to Al-Qaeda as "Fundamentalist Muslims."  Since when does Islam embrace what Al-Qaeda does?  They might be "Muslims" in some sense of the word; however, I don't think the right term is "fundamentalist."  To say that is like saying they are simply embracing Islam more strictly than others.  If they embrace Islam, they are doing so incorrectly at best.  It is simply wrong for anyone to equate the actions of Al-Qaeda with Islam. 

Second, it is wrong to equate the actions and behaviors of President Bush with Americans.  President Bush did not ask the American public whether or not we wanted to go to war.  Nor did he get the permission of congress.  Although many Americans are supportive of the troops that are in the Middle East, they do so not in support of the war, but in support of their fathers, brothers, son and such.  Many Americans remember the grave injustice that was done to the men who fought in Viet Nam.  It is not the fault of these men that President has sent them into a war unjustly.  To refuse to fight is an act of treason which is punishable by life in prison or death.  If you were to take a real poll regarding how Americans feel about Bush and his "campaign against terrorism" you would see that most Americans are not in support of Bush and what he is doing.  Most Americans would rather have their family members home and to let the Middle East take care of its own problems.  If there was support for the war in the beginning, it was because Bush distorted the issues and made his actions appear to be a means to stop what he refers to as "Islamic terrorists" which many Americans were mislead to meant he was going to stop Al-Qaeda.

I�m a Muslim and I don�t support Al-Qaeda.  I�m, also, an American and I don�t support Bush.  Neither Bush nor Ben Laden (or whoever is the head of Al-Qaeda at this time) care how many people they have to kill to fulfill their own agenda.  I do not believe for one second that Bush had the best interest of Americans in mind when he engaged in war or that he does as he continued his Middle Eastern blood bath.  Likewise, I do not believe for one second that the head of Al-Qaeda has the best interest of Islam in mind at this time or in the past.  Power and control that is what both these men want�that is their common thread.  Their desire is nothing short of being dictators of their own empire.  That is why they will continue to fight and why we as �Sincere Muslims� must stand up and make our voices heard.  We can no longer sit back and point fingers.  We can no longer wish or hope that one side of the other will simply �die.�  Even if they did, someone else would be more than glad to come along and pick up where they left off.  We must speak out for Islam and what is right.  We must work towards an Islamic Community as Allah asked us too.  If we don�t build one ourselves, then someone like a Ben Laden or a Bush is going to come and force us to bow to them instead of to Allah.  Inshallah that will not happen but it is our duties as Muslims to make sure it doesn�t.  In doing so, we will be successful as Allah promised.  Allahu Akbar!

PAZ, Khadija

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 2:42am
Suppose for one moment that Al-Quaeda in Iraq suddenly ceased
deliberately blowing up innocent Muslims and did something sensible like
move to Chechnya and struggle against the Russians.

What would the result be?

And if the US suddenly abandoned Iraq to Al-Quaeda?

Which scenario is better for the Iraqis? Forget all this geopolitical intrigue.
What would be the result as it affects todays' Iraqi citizen?
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
amna_ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amna_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 10:39am

Asslamualaikum

Well said Khadija.I totally agree. "Islamic Terrorism" how can these words be juxtaposed? Islam is not what terrorists are doing. Islam is religion of peace and love. Same is the case with "Fundamentalist Muslims."

Khadija you are right "We can no longer sit back and point fingers.  We can no longer wish or hope that one side of the other will simply �die.�  Even if they did, someone else would be more than glad to come along and pick up where they left off.  We must speak out for Islam and what is right.  We must work towards an Islamic Community as Allah asked us too.  If we don�t build one ourselves, then someone like a Ben Laden or a Bush is going to come and force us to bow to them instead of to Allah.  Inshallah that will not happen but it is our duties as Muslims to make sure it doesn�t.  In doing so, we will be successful as Allah promised.  Allahu Akbar!"

So its time to realise our duties and work over it. Inshallah "we will be successful" no doubt.

Ma Salaam

Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. God is free of all wants and He is most forebearing. (Al baqra: 263)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic