IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HEROES IN ISLAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HEROES IN ISLAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HEROES IN ISLAM
    Posted: 07 August 2009 at 3:00pm
As Salamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,When I read this story I just wanted to cheer for Talhah bin Ubaydullah (ALHamduillah)He was the man who learnt about Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم in Sham during his business when a man came to him and asked, �Are you from the Holy City?� He رضي الله عنه said, �Yes!� Then the man continued, �Did the Prophet come to you yet?� Talhah رضي الله عنه said, �I don�t what are you talking about a Prophet?� The man said, �Yes! The man would come from that city and based on the books and scriptures that man is almost here. If you learn about, make sure that you are the first of the Believers.� Talhah رضي الله عنه abandoned his business, left the city and went to Makkah. When he reached there, he made Tawaf and asked, �Is there anything new in this city?� The people said, �No, except that a man from Bani Hashim claims to be a Prophet.� He رضي الله عنه said, �Did anyone believe in him?� They said, �Abu Bakr!� Talhah رضي الله عنه replied, �Abu Bakr and Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم will not agree on something except that is the truth.� So he went to Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه and said, �O� Abu Bakr, what is the story behind your companion?� Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه said, �He is the Messenger of Allah, make sure you believe in him!� Talhah رضي الله عنه did not hesitate and went to Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم and he gave him pledge and accepted Islam.

Talhah رضي الله عنه did not witness the Battle of Badr because the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم sent him and Sa�id bin Zayd رضي الله عنه to take care of business outside the city of Madinah. And when he came back, Talhah رضي الله عنه felt so bad that he missed the first Battle. He رضي الله عنه said, �O� Messenger of Allah, I was absent the first time you encountered the mushrikin.� The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, �Don�t feel remorse, you will be one of those who have the booty of the Battle of Badr.� He said, �I am not concerned about the booty, I wanted the reward of Badr!� Then the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, �You also receive the reward of Badr."

In the Battle of Uhud, �AbduLlah bin Ubayy as Salool the head of the munafiqoon when he reached outside Madinah, he said, �We have a covenant with Muhammad in Madinah and since we are out of Madinah we don�t have it any longer.� He took with him 300 men from the Muslim army and returned to Madinah. This act resulted in a great distress amongst the Sahabah رضي الله عنهم Some lost hope of winning the battle due to lack of men in the army. �AbduLlah ibn Haram رضي الله عنه came to �AbduLlah bin Ubayy and the rest of the munafiqeen and said, �Come back and fight and if you don�t want to fight then at least defend!� They refused and left. Before the battle started, Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم looked around and saw that the Sahabah رضي الله عنهم were ready to fight. So, Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم raised his sword and said, �Who will take this sword?� All the Sahabah رضي الله عنهم stood up to take the sword, to take up the honour of fighting with Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم�s sword. But a man who was not famously known in the history of Islam, the Sahabi Abu Dujanah رضي الله عنه who put up his red bandana and asked Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم, �O� Messenger of Allah, what is the Haqq of the sword?� Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, �You bring it back bent on the heads of kuffar!� He said, �I will take the sword!� And then he went away from Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم. But there was a man who was standing near Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم, not leaving he was Talhah bin �UbaydiLlah رضي الله عنه. When the situation became difficult and hard, only 7 were standing of the Sahabah رضي الله عنهم were standing next to Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم, Talhah bin �UbaydiLlah and Sa�d bin Abi Waqqas رضي الله عنهم and the rest were the Ansar. When the kuffar saw that Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم was alone they rushed up with large number of men to attack Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم. Seeing this Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم told his companions رضي الله عنهم, �Who is going to take care of them and become my companion in Jannah?� Talhah رضي الله عنه said, �Me!� Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, �No, not you Talhah!� An Ansari agreed to fight and he fought till he was martyred. Second time Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, �Who is going to take care of them and become my companion in Jannah?� Once again Talhah رضي الله عنه said, �Me!� Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, �No, not you Talhah!� 5 Ansari companions رضي الله عنهم passed away protecting Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم and each time Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم would ask, �Who is going to take care of them and become my companion in Jannah?� Talhah رضي الله عنه would say, �Me!� But Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم used to say, �No, not you Talhah!� At the end, Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم �Who is going to take care of them and become my companion in Jannah?� Talhah رضي الله عنه said, �Me!� Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, �Yes Talhah!� Talhah رضي الله عنه had no concern other than to defend Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم. Talhah رضي الله عنه lost all his fingers protecting Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم. In one narration it is mentioned that Talhah رضي الله عنه said, �Is it only that what I lose?� Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, �AlhamduLilah, the Angel will raise whilst people will be witnessing the battle.� Talhah رضي الله عنه was carrying with one of his hand the injured Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم and with the other, he was defending Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم until he was hit on every single part of his body. Talhah رضي الله عنه would carry the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم to safety and then chase the kuffar away and then carry the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم to safety and then chase the kuffar away until he was no longer able to move.

Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said to Abu Bakr and �UbaydiLlah رضي الله عنها �Help your companion, Jannah has become Wajib for him!�

Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم, when he was standing on a high point, the rock underneath him shook said, �Calm down, for upon you is a Prophet, Siddiq and Shaheed!� That day Abu Bakr, �Umar, �Uthman, �Ali, az-Zubayr and Talhah رضي الله عنهم 20 years after the death of Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم, he was killed Shaheed.(May Allah be pleased with him).

Shaykh Sa�id Rageah Shared this story       
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic