IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I feel lonely..  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I feel lonely..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I feel lonely..
    Posted: 07 August 2009 at 8:24am

Asslamu Alikum,

Dears sisters...
    I feel lonely all the time. I don't have friends. I am an English teacher. I have just students and co-workers but a true friend , I don't. The problem is that I started to lose my self confidenc and feel I don't deserve a ture friend. Will I find them here? Help    

Edited by Full of Hopes - 08 August 2009 at 7:10pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 5:06pm
Wa Alaikum As Salams sister
My sister why are you feeling this way?  What made you loose your confidence?  In my opinion that doesnt have anything to do with finding a true friend.  Here in the States a true friend is very hard to come by and its sounds like that happens every where.  Sometimes the one who you least think is and will be the best friend you could ever have.  You picked a name "full of Hopes". Then you have to be that (hopefull)Big%20smile smile, because in that is a reward.
Sometimes it's good to be by yourself, that way you will figure out who is most important in your life.
Zaharah  
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 6:07pm
Aaslaam Alaikum,

Are you new to KSA? People are pretty friendly here.

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 9:11pm

Do you mean here or there?
       I was born in K.S.A. Is not that strange??? but I mean I see my sisters always have friends. They call them and visit them many times and I compare them with my self. Why don't I have friends. No body calls my cell phone except for a favor with work or so on.
   But as you said sister Zaharah; maybe I do need to start the change from myself. I say I am "Full of Hopes" because I trust Allah and I hope He would make me happy and successful in future. I love Allah and I love the good Muslims. May be that is why I don't have friends. Whenever someone likes me and wants to be my friend: if I see she is not a good Muslims, I start to get away and hide from her till she understands that I don't like her.
I am not sure if I am doing something right.
    To me: if my friend does't help me to be a good Muslim, reminds me of Allah and likes me in the sake of Allah, I consider that a waste of time.
   But sister Zaharah said the truth. It is hard to find that friend and this is one of the reasons I chose this forum and tried to saty in contact with you. I feel relieved when I discuss this with you.

I hope you see what I mean..        

Edited by Full of Hopes - 09 August 2009 at 9:18pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 5:32pm

Salams Sister Full of Hopes,

Im from the States, and believe me when i say i really understand what your going thru.  A true friend you can only count on 1 hand,  let me ask you sister what do you mean when you said if I see she is not a good Muslims, I start to get away and hide from her till she understands that I don't like her.
What does she do to make you say that they are not good muslims?  Remember most who clam to be are only with the mouth.   Also what they do you do not do.  Maybe Allah has got you in the place you are in for a reason, and that reason only God knows.  I only have 1 girl friend in the whole world.  She actually lives in another state.  we dont talk much be she is very loyal but she is not Muslim.  I don't judge her or question what she does cause she has to meet her creator just like i do.  She respects my religion and i respect hers.  Sometimes you cant help what others do.  Just pray and Allah will answer you.  In the mean time, hold your head up and watch.  See with the eyes in your heart.  You maybe passing by the best friend your looking for.

Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 10:40pm

Thank you so much dear.. but believe me I don't lie to people here. My heart was broken when my close friend left me. She was a good Muslim but she didn't tell me why she did so. No clear reason.. She suddenly said; I am married. I have many responsibilities. I have no time for you. After that I started to believe; there is no loyal friends.
    It is complex. I myself can't tell what I feel exactly. But believe me I am not lying to people on this forum or any other people. I consider you my sisters in Islam, which is much more better than friends.
When I wrote this topic sister Zaharah I was so sad while when I replied I was better especially after I saw your replies and I tried to give you reasons so that you could see my problem clearer.
   That is why they seem from two people.Because I say what I feel to my sisters without limitation.
I hope you see what I mean.
I don't mean I am rude to others. I said didn't met the good Muslim I want.
   While on the other hand I try not to hurt others' feelings more than what you think of me..

Edited by Full of Hopes - 10 August 2009 at 10:42pm
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 10:53pm
I don't Judge people.. I didn't tell them anything. I didn't talk to others about them. They still like me.
   But they sometimes tell me wrong things they do without feeling shy. They don't listen to me. They don't approve of my opinions. How can we be friends?? That is not what I miss..

When I remind them of Allah and want them to remind me they keep stopping me from talking about that. They are not interested in me. They consider me strict.
   Listen I AM NOT A GOOD MUSLIM. Do you thik I said I am good. No I am not that is why I need some one to make me closre to Allah and remind me of him not a persson who wastes my time in nothing..
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 10:58pm
It looks like talking about friendship is endless. We would better discuss something else I am sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic