IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who built the Kaaba?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who built the Kaaba?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shibboleth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who built the Kaaba?
    Posted: 06 August 2009 at 2:18pm

If Ishmael assisted Isaac in burying their father Abraham and died 1795 B.C.E, how is it that Ishmael helped Abraham build the Kaaba?

(Ge 25:9, 10, 17) 9 So Isaac and Ish�ma�el his sons buried him in the cave of Mach�pe�lah in the field of E�phron the son of Zo�har the Hit�tite that is in front of Mam�re, 10 the field that Abraham had purchased from the sons of Heth. There Abraham was buried, and also Sarah his wife.

17 And these are the years of Ish�ma�el�s life, a hundred and thirty-seven years. Then he expired and died and was gathered to his people.

Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 4:06pm
Salams,Shibboleth.They actual reconstructed what Prophet Adam(As) had started, and they did it before Prophet Abrahams(As)death.
The first house of worship built for mankind. It was originally built by Adam and later on reconstructed by Abraham and Isma'il. It is a cubed shaped structure based in the city of Mecca to which all Muslims turn to in their five daily paryers.
(Source:MSA-USC)

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 06 August 2009 at 4:10pm
Shibboleth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shibboleth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 4:28pm
I suspect that information is in the Qur'an, but nowhere does the Tevrat or Hebrew Scriptures support that statement. You do believe in the Tevrat?

Why is there is no reference in the Holy Writings of Ishmael rebuilding the Kaaba and that he received the black stone from the angel Gabriel as Islam�s tradition has it, nor to Abraham�s being in ancient Mecca? �Genesis 12:8�13:18.

In fact where in God�s Word will you find the word Mecca during the time of Abraham, Ishmael and Ishmael�s 12 chieftains? Why didn�t they speak of such a historic moment as well as a prophet Mohammed?

For such an important event surly the Word of God would have mentioned it or showed that it had his backing and approval, at least prophesy about it. It was showed at Mount Sinai that Moses had God�s backing. It was showed that Jesus and his 12 Apostles had God�s backing. What manifestations did the Mohammed show that he had God�s backing? Whether people believed or not it was still shown to them.

As mentioned, If Ishmael assisted Isaac in burying their father Abraham and died 1795 B.C.E according to Moses, how is it that Ishmael helped Abraham build the Kaaba? (Ge 25:9, 10, 17)

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 10:39pm
Topics discussed in this Verse:
[Abraham:fulfilled Allah's command] [Abraham:tried by Allah] [Trials and tests]

2:124 (Y. Ali) And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an Imam to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise is not within the reach of evil-doers."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Abraham:and the Ka'bah] [Abraham:Station of] [Ismail:and the Kabah] [Kabah:built by Abraham and Isma_il] [Pilgrimage:instituted by Abraham]

2:125 (Y. Ali) Remember We made the House a place of assembly for men and a place of safety; and take ye the station of Abraham as a place of prayer; and We covenanted with Abraham and Isma'il, that they should sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or use it as a retreat, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Abraham:and the Ka'bah] [Abraham:prayer of] [Allah:gives sustenance] [Ismail:and the Kabah] [Kabah:built by Abraham and Isma_il]

2:126 (Y. Ali) And remember Abraham said: "My Lord, make this a City of Peace, and feed its people with fruits,-such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day." He said: "(Yea), and such as reject Faith,-for a while will I grant them their pleasure, but will soon drive them to the torment of Fire,- an evil destination (indeed)!"

[Abraham:and the Ka'bah] [Abraham:prayer of] [Ismail:and the Kabah] [Kabah:built by Abraham and Isma_il]

2:127 (Y. Ali) And remember Abraham and Isma'il raised the foundations of the House (With this prayer): "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing.

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Shibboleth Shibboleth wrote:

Why
is there is no reference in the Holy Writings of Ishmael rebuilding the Kaaba
and that he received the black stone from the angel Gabriel as Islam�s
tradition has it, nor to Abraham�s being in ancient Mecca? �Genesis 12:8�13:18.

I think you are trying to find references from the Qur'an in the Bible am I right?It does'nt work like that.Alot of cities had different names at that time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic