IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is the Bible Still the Word of God?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the Bible Still the Word of God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2014 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Certainly those commenting on Islam- the teaching of Muhammad- by merely reading English texts will never understand what was revealed to him. This is so far what this forum proved.

It seems you are condemning MUSLIMS upon millions of Muslims to not understanding the Quran because they do not understand 7th century Arabic. Of course it's very useful to be able to read the original texts but to say they cannot otherwise be understood is nonsense. Every scholar or lay person will have dictionaries and lexicons so they can delve deeply into the text. The very idea that Allah can only be understood in 7th century Arabic puts limits on God don't you think?
chalky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2014 at 7:02am

There is no Messenger and Prophet who did not pray according to what Allah instructed him. Prayer is the first pillar of Islam. I never said that that, you can only pray in the muslim way. All what I said is I read in the New Testament that Jesus prayed for an hour. I compared that hour with the instructions of Muhammad on how to pray the five obligatory prayers. I found that the time varies from 55-65 minutes. In our prayer we read chapters of the Qur'an, while what the prophets before him read is not stated.

It would seem pure speculation to try today or decide how prophets prayed. But I'm trying to work out what possible point you are trying to make with regard to how long a person prayed - it would seem that God is interested in what's in your mind and heart not how long you take to repeat the same words over and over again
chalky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2014 at 8:05am

The concept or meaning of four volumes/different versions refers to the written texts during the time of Uthman ibn Affan sent to Kufah, Damascus, Madina/Makka and Basra probably. So in reality there is only one volume.

Most Common Variant Readings of the Qur'an
Of the present ten readings, there are four major variant readings:

Reading of Hafs: Originally the reading of Kufa in Iraq, this reading now represents the reading of the majority of Muslims in the world. It is read in the Persian Gulf, as well as in Egvpt, Turkey, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and some of the South and East Asian countries, such as Malaysia, Uzbekistan, China and Indonesia.

Rending of Warsh: This reading continues to be used mainly in the northwest African Arab-dominated countries of Tunis, Algeria and Morocco. Originally, it was the reading of Medina (Yathrib), where Warsh studied under Nafi.

Reading of Qalun: Qalun was one of the narrators who related the Qur'an from Nafi as well. It is a variant reading by the people of Libya, whose Qur'an is still printed according to Qalun's reading.

Reading of al-Duri according to Abu 'Amr: This reading spread in Sudan, where recently several editions of this version were printed by the publisher Dar Mushaf Afriqia at the International University of Africa in Khartoum.

If all these readings are taken from one codex, that of 'Uthman, why are there numerous differences among them despite the one origin? This question must be considered, especially since we are not talking only about different pronunciations and utterances but also about differences in meaning from the original.

Note that if these differences are still present, even after 'Uthman burned all the variant codices, one wonders what differences were present before he destroyed the other variant versions?

There are a large number of differences, some change the meaning and some don't. For example, here is a case where there is a difference in the word and its meaning. An example is found in Q 56.29 where the word talhin (a massive thorny tree found in Hijaz) was substituted with the word tal'in (bananas). Another example is found in Q2:36 where the word fa'azallahuma (he made them slip) was substituted by the word fawaswasa (hc whispered).

(See "The Must Know Guide to the Qur'an for the Western World" by TheQuran.com - ISBN 978-193557704-1)
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:20pm
Chalky!

If you are a Muslim it is better you to understand and practice what will make you enter paradise. What is relevant is the challenge of the Lord of the universe for mankind to produce a verse or to bring a Book from Him which is a better guidance than the Torah and the Qur'an. Secondly whatever be the variations there is no oen that says a Muslims should innovate or reject the actions of Muhammad.

Friendship.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 12:36pm
Chalky!
We know from the holy apostle that Adam prayed the early morning prayer. No one mentions the duration.
Abraham prayer the morning ands zuhr prayer. No one knows the duration. The Torah mentions Solomon praying facing the east. Of all the prophets it is only in the Injeel that the duration of a prayer is mentioned.
What I am trying to point out it the st**idity and primitive approach of denying what Allah revealed to other prophets and that the Message of Allah in principle is different.
No one has ever mentioned the verses read by the prophets. But we have ever detail of what Muhammad recited in his prayers. I did not touch on this.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:05pm
Chalky wrote: There are a large number of differences, some change the meaning and some don't. For example, here is a case where there is a difference in the word and its meaning. An example is found in Q 56.29 where the word talhin (a massive thorny tree found in Hijaz) was substituted with the word tal'in (bananas). Another example is found in Q2:36 where the word fa'azallahuma (he made them slip) was substituted by the word fawaswasa (hc whispered).

Response: I am sure the author did not mention who and when that mistake was made. certainly not in the text of Uthman. Now, a reciter often makes mistake reciting the Qur'an from memory especially the long verses. I do that often. Thus why it is advisable top recite the Qur'an directly from the script.  Sometimes one can change past to present, singular to plural etc while reciting from memory. Note you are suppose to understand what you are reciting.  For example Umar recited fam duu and not fas aw. But he was corrected. We do not hide facts in explaining the history of Islam.

Friendship.
chalky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2014 at 6:22am
Quote Response: I am sure the author did not mention who and when that mistake was made. certainly not in the text of Uthman. Now, a reciter often makes mistake reciting the Qur'an from memory especially the long verses. I do that often. Thus why it is advisable top recite the Qur'an directly from the script.� Sometimes one can change past to present, singular to plural etc while reciting from memory. Note you are suppose to understand what you are reciting.� For example Umar recited fam duu and not fas aw. But he was corrected. We do not hide facts in explaining the history of Islam.Friendship.

Well in general it is almost impossible to know who created differences. Nothing can be said about the text of Uthman since no verifiable copies still exist. In any case one supposed that There was a text before Uthman or more likely several texts.
chalky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2014 at 6:33am

Chalky!We know from the holy apostle that Adam prayed the early morning prayer. No one mentions the duration.Abraham prayer the morning ands zuhr prayer. No one knows the duration. The Torah mentions Solomon praying facing the east. Of all the prophets it is only in the Injeel that the duration of a prayer is mentioned.What I am trying to point out it the st**idity and primitive approach of denying what Allah revealed to other prophets and that the Message of Allah in principle is different.No one has ever mentioned the verses read by the prophets. But we have ever detail of what Muhammad recited in his prayers. I did not touch on this.

1. There is no mention in the Bible of Adam or Abraham praying these prayers. It would appear to be a fiction.

2. Solomon is not mentioned in the Torah as it was written long before he was even born.

3. As I understand it you don't have copies of the injeel and never have so you cannot know what is in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>
  Share Topic