IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Free Iraq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Who is working to free Iraq (Sorry, I mean Eyerak)?

Iraq is free from Saddam's mass murdering tyranny and now she must be freed from those who would kill children, slaugther children as a political or military 'statment.'  Sick people these. 

Brave Iraqis and people of goodwill from 29 nations (at least)...have freed Iraq and will maintain a free Iraq.
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 4:56pm

And, please, always remember when Americans are around that the US has never made any mistakes (forget about the crimes against humanity) in her entire history...Please just think of that when any Americans refuse to see anything beyond their confines of arrogance...Just smile and ignore them!!!

B: I would never say this (not that you care what I say or think) and really your base mockery and disrespect, Sasha, is not constructive.  But if you must..

And, please, never even breathe about the UN resolutions tossed away by Israel with US support. Or, of those vetoed by the US. Also remember that good old Greek saying; "When gods decide to destroy a people, they begin by ceasing their powers of reasoning".

B: Why don't you just give us a few specifics? Thank you..

May the great God bless you all and bless your families - the One from Whom all families derive their name..

Bruce
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 3:06am

It's no mockery my friend. Just a bit of straight advice to a fellow poster who was spending too much breath on a slippery character - from a chap who has had a chance to sample the delights of American intellect while living on both sides of the Detroit River.

To insist that some "people of goodwill" are occupying a country is actual mockery of humanity.

You live in the States. I am sure you must know how many resolutions against Israel your country has vetoed? Or, how many have been binned with explicit US support?

Now, pretending not to know a simple straight fact is real mockery. Not to know such facts while pretending to know all is a tragedy. Now you understand why I have all my sympathies with the Americans and always protect them from such hard times of being forced to face the truth?

Edited by Whisper
rocitreal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocitreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 1:54pm

And, please, always remember when Americans are around that the US has never made any mistakes (forget about the crimes against humanity) in her entire history.

can you tell me any country or people in existance today that have never committed crimes against humanity ?  people are not all good and not all bad, there is a mixture in all parts of the world.

Peace, its more than a word its a dream.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 7:17am

My friend, did I ever say that no country or people have ever made any mistakes? Or, ever implied that? All I am saying is that it's the hardest for our American friends to take responsibilty of their actions of the past half centrury.

Not only that but mostly they come charging as if the US has never made a single mistake in her entire history. Some agree that their admin lied to take them to this war. But when it comes to some other spins of their same admin, say about their occupations, these very people take offence.

We can not solve problems unless and until all side take responsibities of their mistakes, their crimes. Our world will never taste peace without truth and justice.

Switzerland and Sweden seem to have a clean record on crimes against humanity.

rocitreal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocitreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:50am

The Swiss helped arm the Germans in WW2 recieving payment with stolen gold and stolen art profiting from the German Nazi's.  They seem to have been quite supportive of Nazi Germany, probably the biggest committers of crimes against humanity the world has ever seen.

The Swiss are hardly exempt. 

The most famous case of stolen art which has occupied art historians, journalists and politicians since the 50ies is the origin of the private collection of the Swiss arms manufacturer Dieter B�hrle (Oerlikon-B�hrle).  The B�hrle dynasty has provided Germany essential weapons in both world wars.  In WW2 some 80 % of all German anti-aircraft weapons and ammunition were manufactured in Switzerland [particularly by Oerlikon-B�hrle], with deliveries continuing [into] 1945.  For these last deliveries Germany paid with stolen art treasures, much of which collected by Feldmarschall Hermann G�ring.  One large and clearly identifiable Jewish collection stolen in Paris thus found its way to the Dieter B�hrle collection and - due to Swiss law and practices - Mr.B�hrle has been able to fend off French government-supported recovery attempts over the last 40 years.  The Swiss penal code gives good title to anybody who managed to hold on to stolen art for more than 30 years.  Moreover, Swiss wartime emergency legislation and postwar judgements presume good title for any asset, irrespective of criminal or non-criminal origin, acquired by Swiss citizens from Germany during the Nazi period.  The only limitation seems to have been robbery committed by the Swiss acquirer himself.

Another question of stolen goods which have passed through Switzerland concerns the gold reserves of France and several other countries.  In 1940, the gold reserves of theBanque de France by far exceeded the combined reserves of Fort Knox and the Bank of England.  The Nazis stole the entire French reserves before the end of 1940, and much of it ended up in Swiss vaults. 

Sweden supposedly another "nuetral" contry in ww2, hardly exempt.

Toward the end of World War II, an unspecified number of Latvian and Estonian Nazi war criminals escaped to Sweden among a wave of Baltic refugees fleeing the advancing Soviet Army. Although the Swedish government established a special commission to investigate their wartime activities, no legal action was ever taken against any of these escaped Holocaust perpetrators.

In 1986, the Simon Wiesenthal Center exposed the presence in Sweden of several Baltic Nazi war criminals and asked the Swedish government to investigate the entry of Nazi collaborators into the country and to take legal action against those who could be brought to trial. The Swedish authorities refused to investigate, let alone prosecute these cases, citing the existing statute of limitations which prohibited the prosecution of any crimes more than 25 years after they were committed.

This has remained the position of the Swedish government even after it was revealed in 2000 that those who had participated in Nazi atrocities were alive and living in Sweden. All the efforts to induce a change in Swedish policy on this issue have hereto failed. Sweden is currently weighing the abolition of the statute of limitations on genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes but will not do so retroactively, so there is no chance that any Nazi war criminal will ever be prosecuted in Sweden.

Peace, its more than a word its a dream.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 3:46pm

It's no mockery my friend. Just a bit of straight advice to a fellow poster who was spending too much breath on a slippery character..

B: 'slippery character?'  Huh?  You really do enjoy ad hominem attacks, don't you?

To insist that some "people of goodwill" are occupying a country is actual mockery of humanity.

B: People of goodwill include Iraqis, of course, and 28 MNF nations who are now sacrificing on their behalf...you call that a mockery of humanity?  What part of 'sovereign government' don't you get Sasha?

You live in the States. I am sure you must know how many resolutions against Israel your country has vetoed? Or, how many have been binned with explicit US support?

B: I know.  But why don't you elaborate on the specifics as I've asked and which is reasonable to ask of the one doing the criticizing...Are you comparing Israel with Iraq under Saddam, by the way (for starters)?

Now, pretending not to know a simple straight fact is real mockery. Not to know such facts while pretending to know all is a tragedy. Now you understand why I have all my sympathies with the Americans and always protect them from such hard times of being forced to face the truth?

B: Your quippy witticisms get you nowhere fast.  Now, why don't you tell me the 'facts' and the 'truth' I'm not facing so I can eat that humble pie you're so dying to feed me..

Bruce
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 3:59pm

My friend, did I ever say that no country or people have ever made any mistakes? Or, ever implied that? All I am saying is that it's the hardest for our American friends to take responsibilty of their actions of the past half centrury.

B: It is hard or impossible for our Spanish/British friend to be balanced in his diatribes and pontifications...and yet he demands contrition from across the ocean...interesting approach that.

Not only that

B: Oh there's more deleterious commentary on the US? - that's a shocker..

but mostly they come charging as if the US has never made a single mistake in her entire history. Some agree that their admin lied to take them to this war. But when it comes to some other spins of their same admin, say about their occupations, these very people take offence.

B: Hmmm...if I was to engage in a ad naseum diatribe against Spain for half an hour - do you suppose Sasha would take offense?  I think Sasha is demanding that which he will not himself give..there's a word for that...hmmm...

BTW: I never have suggested that the US is perfect and has not done some evil deeds...as has Spain, Britain, Saudi, Iraq, Iran...........

We can not solve problems unless and until all side take responsibities of their mistakes, their crimes. Our world will never taste peace without truth and justice.

B: The problems you wish to solve are, apparently, only and ever caused by the US, and not by any other human being or set of human beings (nation).  And so how can we take your rantings to heart when this is your modus operandi?

Edited by b95000
Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic