IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Free Iraq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Iraq
    Posted: 14 July 2005 at 12:25am
Kathleen A asked:

When the history of this time is written - do you think historians will acknowledge that a horrible dictator was removed, freeing the Iraqi people? Or do you think this important point will always be lost on those hell-bent on ignoring the GOOD and only highlighting the bad?

Ali: I think no one would be able to deny or ignore that a horrible dictator was removed and I trust that history will judge those who opposed Iraq freedom very harshly just as it will honor all those who worked to free Iraq.
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 2:02am

Bismillah

Ask yourself, was it only for the removal of a horrible dictator?  

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 11:03am
And if so, why weren't the rest of the horrible dictators in the world removed as well?
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 11:48am
When the removal of a horrible dictator is not cheered, but instead questioned, why is that?  At the least, people of goodwill, while perhaps questioning the absolute purity of an event (that is certainly your prerogative) can at the least cheer the good results.  Right?
I think knowing that the mass graves are gone is extremely important and is something to cheer, despite all cynicism.

There is a process that the world community goes through regarding all such 'horrible dictators.'  The UN is more or less able to act but often restrains actions as was seen in the Rwandan massacre, Iraq and elsewhere.  How many UN violations had Iraq amassed since its brutal and illegal invasion of Kuwait in 1991?  There were at least 16 violations to my knowledge. 

That said about the UN, the international community of civilized nations and peoples is far from perfect and the UN is one vehicle that we all have.
Bruce
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 8:02am

Mockba, please, do not pose such difficult questions.

Have you ever seen a killer ever stand up and not justify his crime with a hundred excuses? What is it called? I would rather not mention that particular term. (Just wish to stay on this forum a while longer)

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 8:11am

And, please, always remember when Americans are around that the US has never made any mistakes (forget about the crimes against humanity) in her entire history.

And, please, never even breathe about the UN resolutions tossed away by Israel with US support. Or, of those vetoed by the US. Also remember that good old Greek saying; "When gods decide to destroy a people, they begin by ceasing their powers of reasoning". Please just think of that when any Americans refuse to see anything beyond their confines of arrogance.

Just smile and ignore them!!!

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 8:13am
Who is working to free Iraq (Sorry, I mean Eyerak)?
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Mockba, please, do not pose such difficult questions.

Have you ever seen a killer ever stand up and not justify his crime with a hundred excuses? What is it called? I would rather not mention that particular term. (Just wish to stay on this forum a while longer)

Are you Sasha, calling me a killer and a criminal or using it metaphorically to describe me?  Wow, aren't you clever?  Care to explain yourself at all?
Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic