IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: -
    Posted: 07 July 2009 at 12:53am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 01 November 2009 at 1:47am
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 3:21am
As Salamu Alaikum,Jamal.JazakAllah Kheiran for the post.This is disturbing.May Allah give her Jennah.Ameen
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 5:58am

I read this last night and planned on posting it too - jazakallah for posting Bro Jamal. . .

An interesting observation made in the article by an Egyptian blogger: 'What if' the perpetrator were muslim, and the victim a nonmuslim - we wouldnt hear the end of it, it would make the headlines. . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 12:39pm
Inni lilahi wa ina ilahi ra ji uun. Such a sad story of our sister. May Allah give her Jannah and her family patience during this time. Thanks brother Jamal for this posting.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
ikhwan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 1:55am
Salam brother Jamal, thanx for highlighting the issue.
may Allah give the Shaheed Muslimah high place in Jannah and give patience to her family.
Egyption bloggers response is apologetic, and if a muslim had killed a non muslim than all muslims there would have been targeted. one non muslim is killed the west condemns it while  more than 2 million killed in Iraq, thousands in afghanistan, palestine, chechnya and xinghiang there is almost silence, this is the hypocracy of the rulers in the west, but i dont blame all non muslims, this site shows that all western people are not racist and are sympathetic and good human beings but they must help in ending this cycle in violence with us for peace and look closely the reasons of the hatred. May Allh guide and help us. 
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 3:41pm
Ameen
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 5:11am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 01 November 2009 at 1:48am
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 6:22am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

I read this last night and planned on posting it too - jazakallah for posting Bro Jamal. . .

An interesting observation made in the article by an Egyptian blogger: 'What if' the perpetrator were muslim, and the victim a nonmuslim - we wouldnt hear the end of it, it would make the headlines. . .

THis is a terribly sad story. And it has made the headlines everywhere. It is also on wikipedia
Egyptian students in Dresden believe this to be an isolated case.Let us hope so. We have yet to fully understand what motivated this man to murder her. Obviously he was wrong to do it but I think we should be more careful until we hear more. It is all too easy to blame it on racism. Muslims  are outraged at this, and rightly so, but it is the manner in which we convey that.

I don't agree completely that if the perpetrator were muslim and the victim non-muslim we wouldnt hear the end of it. THe fanantical muslim men who bombed the London underground 7th July 2005 were naturally condemned by the British public of all religions. However the CHristians did not group in thousands and march the streets. They  had to wait in a civilised manner and wait for justice.NAturally there were isolated incidents of the British wanting to take the law into their own hands, in much the same way muslims do on a regular basis. YOu get any isolated case of a muslim being attacked or facing racism then muslims march. I understand both sides. Yes we should show our disapproval, but to narrow the increasing divide between us and the west we must be sensible and not let others point fingers at us when we show our grievances in a disorganised manner.  By doing it in this manner then the CHristians have a a reasonable case for saying muslims are racist to all non-muslims.
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic