IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - regarding nail polish  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

regarding nail polish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: regarding nail polish
    Posted: 06 July 2009 at 3:25pm

Assalamo Alaikom sisters

I would like to ask you is it ok to pray with nail polish on?? oh god I can never give up painting my toes, I can pass my hands but I love painting my toes especially in the summerEmbarrassed I heard that if you need to perform "wudu" then you need to remove the nail polish, make wudu then put it on! well what happens if you have to perform wudu again 30 minutes later?? take it off again?? oooh boy
please sisters help
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 5:44pm
Assalamu Alaikum Sister:

You cannot have nail polish on when you are performing wudu. The water has to touch your bare skin and nails. Sorry.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 7:12pm
Asalaam Alaikum,

Shasta's Aunt is correct.

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Monia View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 2:06pm
Thank you sisters for your replies !
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 5:39pm
Salams Sisters,
Sister Monia i really understand where your coming from, I used to love to paint my toenails.  I talking all kinds of bright and summer colorsCry
Our sisters in the forum are correct, when we do our wudu the water has to touch our skin and our nails, but  thank  Allah it is a reward in performing your wudu right.  So even thought we cant really paint them as before unless your menstration is on.  God always have our backs, soBig%20smile anyway.
While on the sub i have seen sisters in the masjid praying and they have their fingernails and toe nails painted....
Zaharah

Edited by Zaharah - 08 August 2009 at 5:40pm
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
nataizi View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nataizi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2010 at 1:54am
Selam Sisters,

Please correct me if I am wrong; however I believe we are allowed to die/stain our nails and buff them. I know staining with henna is allowed but am not familiar if we can stain them other colors and buffing them gives a really nice shine as if there was a clear polish on the nail.
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2010 at 10:29am
Wa alaikum as salams sister Nataizi
Sister just reciently i started the Henna on my fingernails and toenails.  WOW the color is so beautiful.  So now i wear it all the time.  Allah Loves us so much and knows we enjoy the color on the nails.  May Allah Bless you and keep you safe, you and your family

Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
ummamin View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 10:53pm
AsSalamu Alaikum,

if you need to make wudu again, you will have to take it off.  It is alot of work to keep the nail polish on, so it is best not to wear it..And to wear it only during your period when you cannot pray.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic