IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: -
    Posted: 02 July 2009 at 12:55pm
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 05 November 2009 at 5:10am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 7:08pm
Bro Jamal
Ussalaamaoalykum;
Thanks for the link ... I wish I had a video camera when a friend dragged me to Los Angeles High for some amateur boxing meet and guess what ended up chatting with Muhammad Ali for the whole afternoon and that was almost forty years ago!  I remember  even with my bad memory that he was talking about his face then, he sounded so vain...  I think he was a disappointment as a role model so far as the Muslim family is concerned...And though it seems like yesterday but so much has changed and this suddenly reminds me the fragility of human existence the unblemished face with so much pride that was then and Parkinson ridden man now...

Edited by Sign*Reader - 02 July 2009 at 7:13pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 2:07am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 05 November 2009 at 5:10am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 5:54pm
Salaamoalykum Bro Jamal:
Thank you for the update....
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 2:55pm
While Ali may have taken a spiritual outlook on his illness, consider the fact that at that time African-Americans were typically not allowed to admire themselves nor was "black skin" or something in relation to that, looked at positively. Ali, did a Quantum leap of sorts in boxing not only as an iconic figure, but as a person of unique individuality.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic