IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The second coming of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The second coming of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 2:24pm
As a joke to brother Suli I can imagine you listening to this song while smoking weed at the same time LOL
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

As a joke to brother Suli I can imagine you listening to this song while smoking weed at the same time LOL

Wow!!!...a good one Israfil...marijuana...no i use incidon instead of it,a halal one.........

...only joke...

Edited by Suleyman
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 4:29pm

Assalamu alaikum,

I am laughing even more at imagining a Turk with dreadlocks, a lovely red turban with a feather in front on his head, smoking his shisha with those curly toed Ottoman slippers on his feet!!!  Thanks for the laugh Israfil and Suleyman. 

Sorry Deus, as for your topic, I don't imagine the return of Isa with either sword or machine gun.  I rather imagine he might be a quiet, humble and simple person whose incredible example of how to live righteously will cause people to love him and follow him. 

Call it a quiet revolution - the fast and furious spread of Islam by the pure Will of Allah, through the example of Isa.  In the end, the Word will be mighter than the sword (or machine gun)!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

I am laughing even more at imagining a Turk with dreadlocks, a lovely red turban with a feather in front on his head, smoking his shisha with those curly toed Ottoman slippers on his feet!!!  Thanks for the laugh Israfil and Suleyman. 

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Sister,if you'll find one please call me to see...

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 8:08am

In the koran it says Jesus will be a witness on the day of judgement against the jews and christians who invented lies against Allah, and thus against him. Because denying him thus denying the truth which he came with which the jews do and the lies told about him being the son of Allah, or that he is Allah, are lies against Allah.

Also it says in the koran that none of the people of the book BUT will believe in him('Isaa, Jesus alaihi assalaam) before his death.

But not much refference is given about his comming back in the koran except the previous statements from the koran, so obviously it is not of great importance to muslims to know wether he is comming back or not, because truth stands clear from falsehood. And those who follow falsehood, To Allah belongs all the power, and He is The Wise.

Apple Pie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 4:52pm

Greetings Community,

I would like to comment on this�

"In the koran it says Jesus will be a witness on the day of judgement against the jews and christians who invented lies against Allah, and thus against him. Because denying him thus denying the truth which he came with which the jews do and the lies told about him being the son of Allah, or that he is Allah, are lies against Allah."

Could you please show us where this is mentioned in the Koran�?

"Also it says in the koran that none of the people of the book BUT will believe in him('Isaa, Jesus alaihi assalaam) before his death."

Also�could you please show us where this is mentioned in the Koran�?

"But not much refference is given about his comming back in the koran except the previous statements from the koran, so obviously it is not of great importance to muslims to know wether he is comming back or not, because truth stands clear from falsehood. And those who follow falsehood, To Allah belongs all the power, and He is The Wise."

Does the Koran mention a second coming of Jesus�?

If it is mentioned in the Holy Bible, then yes, more than likely the authors who penned the Koranic text (as we know it today), also carried this concept over as well � let�s look�

43.57   And when Mary's son was given (as) an example, then your nation from Him, they object/obstruct.

43.58   And they said: "Are our gods better or He?" They did not give it (the question) to you except arguing/disputing, but they are a nation disputing/controverting.

43.59   That truly he (Jesus) is except a worshipper/slave We blessed on him and We made him an example to Israel's sons and daughters.

43.60   And if We will/want, We would have made from you angels in the earth/Planet Earth they succeed/follow.

��������� �������� ����������� ����� ����������� ����� ������������ ����� ������ �����������

Wa-innahu laAAilmun lilssaAAati fala tamtarunna biha waittabiAAooni hatha siratun mustaqeemun

43.61   And verily He, i.e. Jesus, by His appearing, and descending to the earth, shall be a sign of the approach of the hour (of Resurrection), so do not doubt/argue with it, and follow Me, that (is a) straight/direct road/way.

Reference:

An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume five, pp. 2138 - 2142

43.62   And (let) not the devil prevent/obstruct you, that he truly is for you a clear/evident enemy.

43.63   And when Jesus came with the evidences, he said: "I had come to you with the wisdom, and to clarify/explain for you some/part (of) what you differ/disagree in it, so fear and obey Allah, and obey me."

Thus�.once again�..if it is stated in the Holy Bible, we should not be at all surprised to see it translated into the Arabic and restated in the Koran�

Thanks...

Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 5:28pm

Greetings Community,

I would like to comment on this�

"In the koran it says Jesus will be a witness on the day of judgement against the jews and christians who invented lies against Allah, and thus against him. Because denying him thus denying the truth which he came with which the jews do and the lies told about him being the son of Allah, or that he is Allah, are lies against Allah."

Could you please show us where this is mentioned in the Koran�?

5.  116. And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

117. "Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things.

118. "If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servants: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise."

"Also it says in the koran that none of the people of the book BUT will believe in him('Isaa, Jesus alaihi assalaam) before his death."

Also�could you please show us where this is mentioned in the Koran�?

4. 157. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

158. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

159. And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-

Edited by Yusuf.
Yusuf
Apple Pie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 5:54pm

Greetings Yusuf,

Thanks for your reply�

�5.  116. And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

117. "Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things.

118. "If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servants: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise."

Where do these ayahs mention that Jesus will be a �witness� on Judgment day�.?

�4. 157. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

158. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

159. And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-�

Let�s review the very next ayah that follows 4.157�

��������� ������ �������� ������� ������ �������� �������� ���

Bal rafaAAahu Allahu ilayhi wakana Allahu AAazeezan hakeeman

4.158   On the contrary, Allah rose him (Jesus) to Him, and Allah was/is glorious/mighty, wise/judicious.

��� = �Bal�

�Bal� definition:

A particle of digression; it denotes emendation, wherever it occurs, in the case of negation or an affirmation; or it is a word of emendation, and denoting digression from that which precedes.  When it is followed by a proposition, the meaning of the digression is either the canceling of what precedes, as in:

������� ������������ ��������� �������� ����������� ������� ����������� ����

Waqaloo ittakhatha alrrahmanu waladan subhanahu bal AAibadun mukramoona

21.26   And they said: "The Compassionate hath gotten offspring:� extolled be his freedom from that which is derogatory from his glory, nay/nay rather/nay but they are honored servants."

or...

If it is used as confirmation, then it must be followed by a clause in the affirmative, no matter if the question which it follows is the negative or affirmative. 

It can be rendered as But, on the contrary, besides; much more; no; nay; rather.

References:

An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, pp. 242 - 245

The Dictionary of the Holy Qur�an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, p. 62

We have two other examples of the cancellation and/or correcting of prior scriptures just within Sura 4, as seen in 4.49 & 4.155�

Thus, it should come as no surprise, we can see for ourselves that 4.158 cancels what is said in 4.157 regarding the false claim that Jesus was not Crucified, and replaces this false claim with the corporeal Resurrection event as described in 4.158 & 4.159�.

Furthermore, the authors of the Koran have provided Sura 86 which demonstrates beyond any reasonable doubt that Jesus was indeed Crucified, Resurrected and Judges the dead.

In short, the Koran confirms that Jesus is indeed God Almighty�

Thanks�

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic