IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RIP Micheal Jackson  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Micheal Jackson - Event Date: 25 June 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: RIP Micheal Jackson
    Posted: 25 June 2009 at 3:44pm
As salamu Alaikum, Brothers and Sisters.Micheal Jackson passed away today of a cardiac arrest.He died a Muslim.May Allah be pleased with him.May Allah show him mercy.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

As salamu Alaikum, Brothers and Sisters.Micheal Jackson passed away today of a cardiac arrest.He died a Muslim.May Allah be pleased with him.May Allah show him mercy.

WAlaikum ussalaam Aameen
Could you pl. confirm that he was a Muslim? I know his brother was trying for him to revert...only statement needed was the Kalima, even just today ... may be we will find out from the burial service if it is Islamic or what...right?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 25 June 2009 at 9:23pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 4:58am
As Salamu Alaikum

I posted earlier, at General discussion of his death {Did not then of this thread}. But again deleted for getting it confirmed if he was a muslim. All the media says is, he was a muslim. Let us all wait for his burial service and watch closely.

The way you Mecca me feel {Exclusive}

By NEIL SYSON

Published: 21 Nov 2008
rigTeaserImage

MICHAEL JACKSON has become a Muslim - and changed his name to MIKAEEL.

The skint superstar, 50, donned Islamic garb to pledge allegiance to the Koran in a ceremony at a pal's mansion in Los Angeles, The Sun can reveal.

Jacko sat on the floor wearing a tiny hat after an Imam was summoned to officiate - days before the singer is due to appear at London's High Court where he is being sued by an Arab sheik.

A source told last night how Jacko, brought up as a Jehovah's Witness, decided to convert as he used a studio at the home of his chum to record a new album.

The star - whose hits include The Way You Make Me Feel - was spotted looking "a bit down" by a producer and a songwriter who had both embraced Islam.

Shahada

The source said: "They began talking to him about their beliefs, and how they thought they had become better people after they converted. Michael soon began warming to the idea.

"An Imam was summoned from the mosque and Michael went through the shahada, which is the Muslim declaration of belief." Mikaeel is the name of one of Allah's angels.

"Jacko rejected an alternative name, Mustafa - meaning "the chosen one".

Brit singer Yousef Islam, 60 - who was called Cat Stevens until he famously converted - turned up to help Jacko celebrate.

It was his pals David Wharnsby - a Canadian songwriter - and producer Phillip Bubal who counselled Jacko.

The pair's new names are Dawud Wharnsby Ali and Idris Phillips.

Jacko now prays to Mecca after the ceremony at the Hollywood Hills home of Toto keyboard player Steve Porcaro, 51, who composed music on the singer's Thriller album.

Jacko, who rarely ventures out without a mask, is due to give evidence on Monday in a �4.7million lawsuit brought by Prince Abdulla Al-Khalif of Bahrain.

The sheik claims he bankrolled the singer's lavish lifestyle in exchange for an exclusive recording contract. The billionaire sent songs for him to record but claims he was blanked.

He told the court yesterday: "Many times he confirmed to me he would pay me back."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1954666.ece

If this news is true, may Allah swt make his grave one of the gardens of Jannah and forgive all his sins. Ameen

Edited by seekshidayath - 26 June 2009 at 5:00am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 6:19am
As Salamu Alaikum,JazakAllah for your replies,shukran for answering his question for me Seek.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 8:43am
I felt really sad when I heard of Michael Jackson's death Unhappy . . . though I never really feel emotional about celebrities. I grew up listening to MJ . . .and really liked him as a kid . . . feel sad.

I hope that he inshallah became a muslim before his death - he was in the process of studying Islam, maybe he did convert! Lets hope so. I dont think it is official news, so even if he did - I doubt there is going to be an Islamic burial. . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 5:23pm
I'm certainly under the belief that despite what his personal convictions are, he will surely be missed and what he leaves behind is an element of piece and happiness that I believe no other human can mimic. I'm sure any personal God with an infinite consciousness and an understanding of human matters would surely welcome such a soul in its kingdom.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 8:47pm
I haven't heard or read anything that he is/was muslim.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 10:42pm
Dawud Wharnsby says he never met MJ.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic