IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let's Try Part 4  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's Try Part 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 9:46am

Tafsir Ibn Kathir Surah 17 (66-67) (Part-15)

Allah tells us that when harm befalls people, they call on Him, turning to Him and sincerely beseeching Him. Hence Allah says:

﴿وَإِذَا مَسَّكُمُ الْضُّرُّ فِى الْبَحْرِ ضَلَّ مَن تَدْعُونَ إِلاَ إِيَّاهُ﴾

(And when harm touches you upon the sea, those that you call upon vanish from you except Him.) meaning, everything they worship besides Allah disappears from their hearts and minds. Similar happened to `Ikrimah bin Abi Jahl when he fled from the Messenger of Allah after the conquest of Makkah, and headed for Ethiopia. He set out across the sea to go to Ethiopia, but a stormy wind arose. The people said to one another: "None can save you except Allah Alone.'' `Ikrimah said to himself, "By Allah if none can benefit on the sea except Allah then no doubt none can benefit on land except Allah. `O Allah! I promise You that if You bring me safely out of this, I will go and put my hand in the hand of Muhammad and surely, I will find him full of pity, kindness and mercy.''' They came out of it safely and were delivered from the sea. Then `Ikrimah went to the Messenger of Allah , and declared his Islam, and he became a good Muslim, may Allah be pleased with him.

﴿فَلَمَّا نَجَّـكُمْ إِلَى الْبَرِّ أَعْرَضْتُمْ﴾

(But when He brings you safe to land, you turn away.) means, you forget what you remembered of Divine Oneness (Tawhid) when you were on the sea, and you turn away from calling on Him Alone with no partner or associate.

﴿وَكَانَ الإِنْسَـنُ كَفُورًا﴾

(And man is ever ungrateful.) means, by nature he forgets and denies His blessings, except for those whom Allah protects.

﴿أَفَأَمِنتُمْ أَن يَخْسِفَ بِكُمْ جَانِبَ الْبَرِّ أَوْ يُرْسِلَ عَلَيْكُمْ حَاصِبًا ثُمَّ لاَ تَجِدُواْ لَكُمْ

(68. Do you then feel secure that He will not cause a side of the land to swallow you up, or that He will not send against you a Hasib Then, you shall find no guardian.)

Edited by Duane - 06 July 2009 at 9:50am
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 3:24am

As Salamu Alaikum

Jazakumullah brothers, for the answers.

Next Question :

Name the scholar in Islam, whose Salaat-ul Janazah prayers were offered 6 times in all. More than 50,000 people participated in the first Janaza Salaat.His real name was Nu'man bin Thabit.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Duane View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 11:16am
Walaikum Salam.
Imam Abu Hanifa's name is Numan bin Thabit and is also known as Imam-e-Azam.  He became an expert in jurisprudence. 

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 7:31pm
So quick to answer brother ! I thought this question may take about a week's time to answer. Smile

JazakAllahu khayr

I don't have a question right now, insha Allah, shall post it soon.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 9:04am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Next question

What is the context of this ayah of the Qur'an to be revealed. {Its very intresting}

63 : 6. It is equal to them whether you ask forgiveness or ask not forgiveness for them, Allah will never forgive them. Verily, Allah guides not the people who are the rebellious

Duane View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 11:46am
Walaikum Salam.

I am reluctant to reply.  Is it cheating by looking it up.  I have been looking the answers up in a free Tafsir Program on my system.  If it is allowed I will share this program with anyone.   Inshallah

Duane

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 12:34am
As Salamu Alaikum

Sure br ! you can look into tafsir and answer. Also can share that program. Don't spare any oppurtunity  of earning rewards. If its a link, you can also share it at "Qur'an and Sunnah" section, so that many can benefit from it.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 7:39am
Ofcourse you can look it up Bro Duane. . . Mashallah, what an honest brother. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" /> And pl do share your tafseer programme.

Am editing my answer - cz previous one was wrong - (i said that it was in response to Prophet Muhammad's supplications for Abu Talib's forgiveness after his death as a nonmuslim)

Anyway - I think the answer is, that this ayat is about the Hypocrites (Munafiqeen). When any of the Munafiqs would die, Prophet Muhammad would pray namaz-e-janaza for them and ask for thier forgiveness.

copy-pasted from site:

After this revelation, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) remarked, 'Were I to know that they would be forgiven if I had asked more than seventy times for their forgiveness, I would have done so,' Subsequently the following verse was revealed, 'It is equal to them whether you (Muhammad) ask forgiveness or ask not forgiveness for them. Verily, Allah guides not the people who are the Fasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).' [ (63): 6]

Subhanallah, our Prophet was worried about his ummah so much, he didnt even give up on the Munafiqeen!!!! - and these ppl made the Muslim's life hell and plotted against Islam!!! Prophet Muhammad:

Edited by Chrysalis - 12 July 2009 at 7:49am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic