IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Women-Led Friday Prayer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women-Led Friday Prayer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 11:55pm

Here one comment form a man name Rock:

=====
I just read an article on CNN dealing with this issue. I stopped taking it seriously once I read that the woman that led the mixed-gender prayer has a book being published soon. I should have known. Is there no shame anymore in this country? Hey, the fastest way to put down the revolutionary fist is to put a check in it. Sad. I'm not muslim but I fully understand the dynamics of this entire situation. Being an African-American male, I've seen the U.S. government urge African-American women, for generations, to be "independent" and question why the men should be the leaders of the family. Hence, why our community is in such sad state. The strategies are still the same, just a different playing field . When I see a woman president of the U.S. then maybe I'll think differently but even then I'll have my doubts. It should be no surprise that "women's lib" gets major press throughout Islamic countries at this point. Wars are fought on many fronts. Though Islam may not be for me, I do see the order in it and have the utmost respect for the Prophet Muhammad* (pbuh). Where there is no order, there is chaos. I pray this woman wakes up and repents because she may be setting an example that will prove to be the downfall of the entire Islamic community. If she feels so strong about this issue then maybe she should come up with her own religion that allows such actions or find another one that does. Lastly, I question the intention of any so-called spiritual event where the U.S. media is called in to cover it.

Rock

=====

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
zai_711 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zai_711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 2:22am

Assalamu alaikum.

With regard to this issue, i just pray that ALL Muslims will be guided to the right path. Allah (SWT) gave us the way of life that we should follow and practice and we should stick to that in every possible way we can. There are things we think are good for us, but Allah (SWT) knows best. We are Muslims because we are to submit to the Will of Allah (SWT)... and it may be good or not (based on our own view), we have to accept it wholeheartedly as a believer.

Zai

qpeace1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpeace1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 5:21am
ONLY IN AMERICA!!!!!  Same sex marriage is out in the open in the name of "freedom", now it's women performing Friday prayers for and instant of fame, a movie and a book deal.   I'm African American and know how this works.  This is a women's lib position taken by this sister to get the American mostly white and non muslims on her side. She be wined and dined with them.  She is in loc- step with that Somilian hankerchief headed woman (Ms. Ali) in the Dutch Parliment.  In America, the media capital of the world,  the christians celebrity preachers OPENLY insult and attack the name of Allah and the character of the Prophet on television. She doesn't mention that but stands in league with them by trying  to CHANGE islamic practice and present it outwardly as a mix gendered, churchlike feel.  Next she will champion islamic acceptance on Gay and Lebians. She and her misled followers will take it as an opportunity to argue and verbally attack men and islam in public as they do now.  ONLY IN AMERICA!!! 

This is just another  Fitna assault on Muslims from those who don't understand it, havent' read the Quran and yet critique it.  Let her be "free" to create a women lead church-like  masjid where men can sit on the floor next to beautiful women, flirt and smile, look at them with unislamic thoughts then stand "foot to foot" with them. We are supposed to believe this is correct because its nontraditional and modern.   She's hoping the American's will support her along with those anti islamic powers to try to "divide and conquer" from within.  Soon she will use the American platform of  Democracy.  ONLY IN AMERICA!!!

abdullah mariam View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdullah mariam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 5:54am

The Samaritan/English Vocabulary

Ar-Aramic Term, He-Ancient Hebrew Term, Ara-Arabic Term

Abisha Scroll: The first five books (Pentateuch) of Moses written by the great grandson of Aaron, the brother of Moses son of Amram. See the web page called the Abisha Scroll.

Ablutions: Cleansing ones self with water (order: hands, mouth, nose, face, ears, right and left legs) while reciting verses Lev. 15:31, Deut. 28:8, Gen 2:7, Ex. 15:26, and 40:31-32. Ablutions are performed before prayers, after a women's monthly period and childbirth, by males after sex and after touching a corpse.

can we or should we trust the hadith

The quran said about ablution:O ye who believe!when you prepare for prayer,wash your face,and your hands,rub your head

and your feet to the ankles.

And you hadiths teach the ablution just like the SAMARITAN

Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdullah mariam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 6:08am

Sisters

It sad to see that arabic traditions are becoming the word of Allah

Islam is UNIVERSAL

knowledgeseeker View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowledgeseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 6:29am

Assalam Aliekom,

it is a known fact that-

There is not a single sahih hadith or Quranic ayah that accepts women-led Friday prayer.

------->If a msulim wants to do something worship-related in Islam, he must find proof to do it or it is simply bidah(innovation)

------->If a muslim wants to do something not worship-related, he msut find a proof against it, or it is okay

This principle is one of the most basic things in islam

If muslims do not follow the Quran and sunnah what are muslims to follow? the opinions of so and so imam who feel that even the hadith and Quran is wrong.

One who does not accept even his creator's words is a hyprocrite.

Abdullah ibn Umar(R) did not talk to his son his whole life because of of one incident.

• Abdullah ibn Umar(R)'s son was one of the great sheikh of that time.
  • Abdullah ibn Umar(R) once told his son a hadith of the Prophet Muhammad and his son commented on that it could not be possible. After that incident, Abdullah ibn Umar(R) did not talk to his son his whole life because he rejected one small hadith.
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdullah mariam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 6:34am

Do not confuse ISlamic tradition and arabic traditions

two very important ISLAMIC traditions :a)HOW TO MAKE THE PRAYER

b)THE EID PAYER

Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdullah mariam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 6:36am
proof is only taking from the Quran !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic