IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PAKISTAN WON T20 WORLD CUP!!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PAKISTAN WON T20 WORLD CUP!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PAKISTAN WON T20 WORLD CUP!!!!
    Posted: 21 June 2009 at 11:14am

Even though I am done with my sms-ing and wall-posting, I am still high from our win at the world cup! We beat Sri Lanka in the Finals. . . . .awesomeness!!! What a close match! *whew*

So time to post here . . .

CONGRATULATIONS FOR WINNING THE WORLD CUP !!!!!!!!!! (all the duas worked! Alhamdulilah) We Pakistanis really needed a break!

Big%20smile  Big%20smile Clap 

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 1:11pm
Congrats. Good victory, reminiscent of vintage Pakistan..... were deserved winners. Srilanka deserved the title too, especially having got to the finals being unbeaten throughout the series, just some minor screw up with the batting today and adios T20 silverware :-(.... need to pop some epitril.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 2:06pm
Sri Lanka put up a good show! (I'm saying that now, though was taunting my SL friends earlier. Told them Pak would win cz we had more muslims praying for this side. Big%20smile)

Sangakarra was really good! Until the very end, until the sixer and the four - I wasnt even sure we were gonna win! very close match. . . .

Unfortunately for Seeks, India didnt make it far. Tsk Tsk . . . had we been against them, it would have been war! LOL

Smile

Edited by Chrysalis - 21 June 2009 at 2:07pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 6:53pm

Woh tho hamari sharafat thi, jo hamara cup padosi ko de diye Smile. Moreover, whenever India/Pak played, its always India who won

By the way, India is not my favorite team in Cricket. {Since few years i stopped watching cricket} I watch only last overs of any country if its intresting. In those days, when i used to watch Cricket {world cup}, the country i stood for was South Africa. Its always hardworking and consistent. But luck never favors them.

I loved seeing Pak win. Anyways, congragulations Pak, you needed these smiles. It was good to see most of the players prostrate.

Br. Saladin, no worries, next cup is yours. Smile. Lets aim for 50 overs world cup. This 20-2- is like for kids Smile, we will play good matches then

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 7:28pm
Although I am currently living in America and have not really followed cricket for a while, I was hoping that Pakistan would win.  We definitely needed that, although the people of Sri Lanka have been through a lot as well.  They have a good team.  
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 3:12am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Woh tho hamari sharafat thi, jo hamara cup padosi ko de diye Smile. Moreover, whenever India/Pak played, its always India who won

Bauhat shukriya, Allah aissay parosi sab ko de! LOL

By the way, India is not my favorite team in Cricket. {Since few years i stopped watching cricket} I watch only last overs of any country if its intresting. 
It has been ages since I have watched cricket myself. I stopped watching once Pakistan started losing! Wink I guess I can resume watching now. . .

I loved seeing Pak win. Anyways, congragulations Pak, you needed these smiles. It was good to see most of the players prostrate.

Jazakallah, yes we needed some smiles! Mashallah it felt so good to see the players prostating at the end! Whenever any important match comes up, people ask the Imam at the mosque to make special mention for the team in the dua! Big%20smile

Br. Saladin, no worries, next cup is yours. Smile. Lets aim for 50 overs world cup. This 20-2- is like for kids Smile, we will play good matches then

Hahaha. We shall see! What a nice nieghbor you are Seeks, gave one cup to one nieghbor, now promising next cup to other nieghbor, Saladin...

Islamispeace: Jazakallah for the support. If you would like to watch future matches, you could try cricinfo.com - they give you fresh scores every minute or so. . . we saw the match online though, small screen - but worth it. Smile And yes, SL is a good team!

Edited by Chrysalis - 22 June 2009 at 3:14am
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 4:42am
As Salamu Alaikum

Mazaa aagaya ! Smile. Nice post sis Chrysallis. Padosi ka haqq tho ada karna hai. Yahan Indian cricketers ki tho band hi baja diye, inn media walo'n ne.

May Allah swt bestow such happiness to Pak.It had been thru tough times. All the newschannels have Pak streets celebrations in it. Its very delighting to watch them.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 7:36am
Jazakallah Khair for the duas. . . .

We subcontinental asians take cricket a bit too seriously!!! haha, more seriously than anything else. Pakistanis were saying that if the team loses the final, they should return in Burqas. . . .LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic