IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help me-I am loosing my faith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me-I am loosing my faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me-I am loosing my faith
    Posted: 06 June 2009 at 11:12pm
For the past few days,I really began to question myself about faith.
I know that Islam is true religion.Mecca and Madinah are proof.People who dont want to believe it then dont but something that was bugging me ever since I was a child was still present at back of my mind I guess.

I am questioning to myself.How did God become  God, u know what I mean.When I think about things like what if we never existed.Nothing would have happened.No planets. No life. Then some kind of wall blocks the forthcoming thoughts.

And I am really really really scared that I am loosing my faith all of a sudden and that Id not be forgiven for this but i just cant make it stop even though deep down inside I know I will.

When I was a kid,I asked my mom the same question. She said,that'd be known once we go to Allah.

And I was fine.
It has only started for a few days ago,when i was depressed i think.

And I am also thinking that if Islam is the true religion,then how come non-Muslims dont wonna believ it?Logically speaking.Not something like -oh-they-just-hate-Islam and muslims because THEY DONT!
Ive been to USA and everyone is SO NICE.
There r mosques everywhere.Its just like ure in Baghdad.
For this reason,I posted this question here:

I am always talking to Allah and asking for help but suddenly,I do not know what happened that made me think crazy thoughts like How did God come into being?
I am really afraid.I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE MY FAITH!CryCry
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2009 at 7:03pm

assalaam alaikum.

my friend i'm a newbe to islam and one of the first things i learned is to question. who i am. my place in islam. am i truely on the strait path? am i worthy ?
   my life before islam was shameful. look up the word " sinner" you would see my pic. but as you know well islam does away with all that went before.
    every day {inshallah}i proclaim my faith though word and action. and evey other day i question everything. and you know what. Allah does hear those who call upon him. and will reafirm your faith.
    look back at the times of doubt. was not your faith reaffirmed in one way or another? though a sign to you some how . or though comforting friend, or though your blessed mother? allah knows best.
     i said this to a fellow member to this fourm. islam does not want or need " BLIND SHEEP ". we must question  ourselves and all things at times to overcome doubt.
     overcoming ourselves is a main goal in islam. how can this be done ? through question, with REASON, and GUIDENCE{ Qu'ran } .
      satan is always attacking us making us stumble at times . and even though we may take three steps forward then one step back we still move forward . this strugle through life is highly looked upon by god. and he is best to know all things.
       so please take it easy on yourself . you seem " normal " to me [if there is such a thing] and i feel your going to surprise yourself . so hang in there friend your never alone. allah is living and all around you.
        as for non-muslims disbelief .alot comes from mis-information or dis-information. i was raised christain was christain all my life{ i'm 44 now } and was never taught what islam was. IN OUR CHURCH ISLAM WAS PRESENTED AS A " FALSE RELIGION. " so why would someone with a limited view accecpt truth if they did not look for themselves?
love
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 08 June 2009 at 7:30pm
love for all conquers all
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 10:54am
As Salamu Alaikum,

Br. Nabil, i wish you read the above post well. Just let out your questions any, but do remember, never get into an area of those questions of which only Allah swt knows of it. For instance, when will The Hour exactly come, how is the hand of Allah swt, Chair of Allah swt --- etc. We would not get its answer, but its only an attempt from satan , our open enemy to disturb us and weaken our faith. Allah swt also commanded us, not go into it.

Coming to your question, here is the answer to the exact question, posed to Zakir Naik.

Here's a very tricky question, asked usually by an atheist and the rationalist. Once a close friend of mine, while beginning a discussion with a rationalist in an atheist organisation in Mumbay started off by asking, �This is a pencil, how did it come into existence, it has to have a creator�. �This is a book, how did it come into existence, it has to have a creator�. Thus giving answers to his own questions, proved that everything has a creator.

He then posed the following questions- if the pencil is created in a factory, who created the factory? The answer is an engineer or some similar person. Who created that engineer? There also has to be a Creator of this engineer. Similarly who created the sun, the moon, the stars etc? There has to be a creator for everything. Then he posed the question: �Do you agree that everything in the world has a creator?� The atheist of that organisation replied, �we will agree only on the condition, that you should not back out in future from your own statement that everything has a creator.�

My friend was very satisfied, thinking he had succeeded in convincing about God and said, �Yes I will stick to my statement that everything has a creator, but you still have not replied to my question: that who created the human beings, the sun, the moon, the stars etc�. He further helps them with the answer by saying �It is God Almighty,� the atheist replied, �We will believe in God if you tell us �Who created God? and my friend got the biggest shock of his life. He knew he was trapped.

He was disturbed so much that he did not sleep for the whole night. The next day, while he was narrating this incident to me, I realised that he was using the methodology of proving the existence of God, written by some scholars. In this methodology, a very important rule of logic i.e. self analysis is overlooked. During my talks while proving the existence of Allah, I never make any statement saying everything has a creator.
I start my explanation by asking the atheist, �Who will be the first to know the mechanism of an unknown object? It is the atheist who replies; the creator, the manufacturer, not Me Using his answer that the creator is the first person who knows the mechanism of any object I further prove to him using scientific knowledge that the creator of the Universe i.e. God Almighty is the first to know the mechanism of the universe and has mentioned it in his book �The Quran�.

But if somebody was to pose me the same Question:, that who will be the first to know the mechanism of an unknown object, I will not reply just by saying �the creator� or �the manufacturer,� but I will reply, that every object and all things which have a beginning, the mechanism of all these things will be first known by its creator, since they are all created things. Even after using this answer of mine, we can still scientifically prove that all the signs that we see i.e. the sun, the moon, the earth etc have a beginning of their mechanism�.

That is the way they function and behave. This has been discovered recently by science, but was mentioned 1400 years ago in the Quran which proves that it is a book which is revealed by Allah. Now if someone asks me the question �Who created Allah?� I will reply that once my friend asked me a similar question that his brother Tom was admitted to the hospital and he conceived and gave birth to a baby: guess, is the baby a girl or a boy? It is an absurd statement. Only females can conceive and give birth to a baby. It is impossible for Tom, who is a male, to conceive and give a birth to a child. One of the qualities and characteristics of a male is that he cannot conceive and give birth to a child. Similarly one of the characteristics of Allah is He is uncreated and does not have a beginning. Therefore asking a question, �Who created the uncreated?� is as absurd as asking, �My brother Tom conceived and gave birth to a child, is the child a girl or a boy?�.

Edited by seekshidayath - 10 June 2009 at 10:56am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 11:09am
Now, coming to you, kindly recite these duas, at times when you are stricken by your faith. Its from the book of authentic hadiths

{Say} : I seek refuge in Allah {Sahih Muslim}

{ Then shud desist from doing what you are in doubt about} Sahih Muslim, sahih Bukhari

Aamantu billahi wa Rusulihi

{Say} : I believe in Allah and His messenger { Sahih Muslim}

Recite third ayah of Surah Hadid

"Huwwal 'Awwalu wal -Aakhiru waz zahiru wal baatinu, wa Huwa bikulli shay'in 'Aleem

These are supplications to be made. They are very easy to recite and ward off the whisperings of satan. Instead of pondering over who created Allah swt, why don't we ponder over and look at ourselves, and ask, 'Why did Allah swt create us ? Try to read and reflect over Qur'an. Be in company of righteous friends and mummy ko thang nahi karna Smile, with your senseless questions.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 6:35am

Salaam Brother Nabil . . . Hope you are fine, apart from the recent pitfall in faith. That happens - Imaan keeps going up and down - just like the economy.

I hope Seeks' response helped you. It is good to question life, and phenomenon's around us - but some questions are just never ending and complex.

Brother, read the Qur'an with translation - it ALWAYS helps revive the faith/imaan in Islam. When we lose contact with Allah (i.e have not been making dua or praying) , such doubts start coming into mind. Inshallah you will find verses in the Qur'an in which you will feel that Allah Himself is adderessing you. . .

So make wudhu today - and randomly open the Qur'an . . . insha'allah it will help.

Keep in touch Bro.

Edited by Chrysalis - 11 June 2009 at 6:37am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 7:28pm
You always fill up the vacant space i miss, sis Chrysallis. Smile

JazakiAllahu khayr.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 12:18pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Brother Nabil.

Your faith cannot be lost, but it is always strengthening. You do not have to understand everything. There are about 340,000 alphabets, 75,000 words, 6200 verses and 114 chapters in the Holy Qur'an. Your faith will be measured and strengthened on only one alphabet, one word, one chapter and one Sura. So look for them and then keep quiet.
Remember chapter 42:11, "There is nothing like Him; and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.
Friendship.

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 12:31pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Brother Nazerene.

May Allah forgive you! I love your observation that
islam does not want or need " BLIND SHEEP ". we must question  ourselves and all things at times to overcome doubt.
     overcoming ourselves is a main goal in islam. how can this be done ? through question, with REASON, and GUIDENCE{ Qu'ran } AND THE SUNNA

But you know that some members of this forum do not believe in that. They want to teach victim of determinism, hopelessness, helplessness and uncertainty!  The life of Muhammad Rasulullah and all the positive teaching in the Old and New Testament are our guidelines. Muhammad Rasulullah would listen to a child, but no one wants to listen to Muhammad today! Look at what is going on between the Arabs and the Children of Israel! How can the grandchildren of Shem fight each other! Did not Muhammad marry a Jewish lady form the Aaron Tribe - the Levites!. They deny Holocaust. But is not the killing of 8 innocent life another Holocaust?
Friendship.   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic