IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How many Ayats in Ayatul Kursi? 1? or 3?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many Ayats in Ayatul Kursi? 1? or 3?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmud200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many Ayats in Ayatul Kursi? 1? or 3?
    Posted: 03 June 2009 at 3:18am
Please, no debating.Cry Everyone just say which is the correct option? And if possible, the reason.
Which verse is Ayatul Kursi (Allaahu laa ilaaha ilaahu,...)?Question
  1. "Only" 2:255
  2. Verse 255, but 256 and 257 are "Optional"
  3. All 3 verses are "Compulsory"
  4. Some other optionExclamation
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 8:36pm

Welcome & Salaams

BMZ

Edited by BMZ - 04 June 2009 at 8:37pm
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
ardianto View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardianto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2009 at 8:51pm
1. One ayat. Al-Baqarah : 255
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:11am
As Salamu Alaikum,excuse me Im off topic slightly,I kind of have the same question about a different Surah but sort-of the same Bismillah Ar Rahman ar Rahim 1)Alif Lam Min 2)Allahu La Ilaha Ilahuwa Alhayyu Alqayyomu (Astaghfirullah) I forgot the Surah brothers please forgive me. I wanted to know the same answer as Mahmud 1)&2)or add ayat three.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 23 September 2009 at 7:13am
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:25am
Salams all,AlHamduillah! I found it.I was just trying to learn new Ayats over the past Ramadan and forgot where I left off and I remembered it started with Bismillah so it had to be at the begining or in the middle of another Surah and Ayat that I cant remember at this time (lol).Displaying Verse 1 through 25 of 200 Verse(s) found. ( 25 Verse(s) displayed). Back - Print This Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search For: 3 - -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MAY LISTEN TO THE VERSES DISPLAYED ON THIS PAGE
BY CLICKING ON THE RECITING OPTIONS BELOW.
RECITING OPTIONS: [ A.Basit | Hussari | Minshawi | Y.Ali (English)   ]
الم (3:1)
Baset - Hussari - Minshawi
Aliflammeem

3:1 (Y. Ali) A. L. M.

اللّهُ لا إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ (3:2)
Allahu la ilaha illa huwa alhayyu alqayyoomu

Topics discussed in this Verse:
[Allah:no god but He] [Allah's attributes:Living] [Allah's attributes:Self Subsisting Eternal]

3:2 (Y. Ali) Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-Subsisting, Eternal.

نَزَّلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ مُصَدِّقاً لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ وَأَنزَلَ التَّوْرَاةَ وَالإِنجِيلَ (3:3)
Nazzala AAalayka alkitaba bialhaqqi musaddiqan lima bayna yadayhi waanzala alttawrata waalinjeela

Topics discussed in this Verse:
[Qur'an:revelation of]

3:3 (Y. Ali) It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic