IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Halaal meat, is it really  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halaal meat, is it really

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 4:56pm
Thanks for your support ummziba and rose!!! And I think as far as halal is concerned in the U.s.a. and canada lamb and goat are better quality than beef and chicken. If I buy lamb or goat I definitly buy from the halal store. The feeding standards in the west in general for lamb and goat is much higher than beef and chicken. Also they are generally not injected with hormones. I think for beef and chicken if you can not be gauranteed that the halal meat is hormone free and not fed animal by products than free range or organic chicken or beef is a better choice. The feed for chickens and cattle is the worst!!! Also for anyone with kids I highly reccomend organic milk. At least milk that is rsbt(hormone free). Allah Pak only knows what the long term effect of this chemical will be on our kids!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 7:22am

Sis Jenni,

As I said before, there are two aspects of food being discussed here. One is from hygenic point of view and the other is religious point of view. The latter is superset of former point of view. That is to say that Islam calls for both halal and hygenic food to be the first choice. However, there are numerous situations where only one of the conditions can be met and yet a situation where none can be met. Islam, as stated in verse 2:173, provides complete flexability, depending upon the intentions of the individual, to choose whatever is within ones reach. Isalam has been made easy for us and all difficulties of the past have been removed from this ummah.

Having said this, personally speaking, I don't think, professor Sakr has any scholarly attributes to make things haram or halal, per say. Though he is an expert in food sciences as mentioned on the sound vision website "according to Ahmad Sakr, professor emeritus of Food Science", his suggestions or opinons may not be considered as authentic from the religious point of view, though I am not arguing over his views. The hygine of a slaughtered animal is obviously a foremost requirement and hence exists prior to the issue of halal or haram. Hence once this is settled, only then the issue of Dhabia or Halal comes in. I don't know how any superstore can ensure more hygenic meat than any local halal meat shop since their source of meat is same. Isn't it. Yes, if one can afford it, one may go to any lengths to ensure the kind of hygenic conditions they like to make for their consumption of meat, but then its more of scientific debate than a religious one.

Though I don't know from where this free range meat can be procured in USA, but how do someone ensure that free range animals are free from harmones etc since, I don't think, they come under any regulations for not doing so.

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 8:24am
AhmadJoyia-The meat comes from smaller farms that feed the animals naturally, allow them to live in cleaner conditions and are not given hormones and routine antibiotics. The farms are open to the public and are monitered by various organizations like the humane society and others. The meat is not available in superstores but smaller health food stores and is significantly more expensive. The quality is far and away much better. A step higher is usda organic meat which is monitered by the government and even the feed of the animals has to be organic, the grass and grain.
If halal stores started carrying this meat I would buy it, but so far most of them don't. And what they have as far as beef and chicken are concerned is really the cheapest lowest quality meat available. How else could they sell it for so cheap and make a prophet. And it is not and issue of hygine only if an animal is fed animal by products and growth hormones it is not halal no matter how you slaughter it, I stand by that claim!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 12:21pm
Ok, Sis Jenni, I definitely need to know your line of reasoning when you say "And it is not and issue of hygine only if an animal is fed animal by products and growth hormones it is not halal no matter how you slaughter it, I stand by that claim!!" Seems to be an interesting claim. Can you provide some references along with some elaborations of your claim? Thanks.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:17pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 3:44pm

Assalamu laikum

Halal sabiha chicken:

halal chicken

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:20am
Sis Nausheen, your post and references there in, though I do have some reservations about some of the opinons presented, doesn't provide any evidence in support of Sis Jenni's hypothesis, but against it. Am I correct?  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:22am
Bro Semar, same way your Photo doesn't explain your position on the issue. Can you use some keys of keyboard to explain it? Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic