IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Troubles with name giving  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troubles with name giving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Troubles with name giving
    Posted: 06 May 2009 at 8:14am
Dear all,

In few days I will become a father and I am not sure about name giving. I have read many books which say that we should give good names therefore I decided for the name Anita which in hindu means grace. I am a muslim  therefore I want to know if this name is accepted in my religion. Please leave comments and help me in this desicion. God bless you all
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 3:30pm
Salam,

Congratulations, Anita si pretty name to me. In my understanding there is no "religion name", so do not too worry about that as long as the meaning in your language is not bad.
As the servant of God human not be judged by his/her name but by his/her actions.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:24pm
I think you should go for a similar name but not with a hindu meaning.
allah knows best
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Naser View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 3:23am
Alajkum Salam,

Thank you brother for your comment. It was really helpful for me.
Naser View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 1:31am
May I ask you why not with Hindu meaning. Thank you in advance.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 6:53am
According to babynames.com Anita is hebrew.

http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?id=578

Its a language, not a religion.  Like the name Mei is chinese for beautiful, its not a Buddhist name or a Daoist name, its a chinese name.

My name is Angela, it says its English, but I was originally going to be Angelique which is French, they both mean the same thing.   Messanger of God (Angel).  But its a language thing....

Zarifa is an Arabic name that means Grace, here are others.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic