IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Taliban' confronts class divide  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Taliban' confronts class divide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2009 at 7:40pm
candid - Islam does have a "caste system"- different treatment for different groups of people, Muslim, Christian, Jew, pagan, atheist, etc.
That's still not "caste-system". Jews and Christians who convert to Islam get same status and rights as other Muslims after they convert. So, the discrimination is, at least, not hereditary or racial.

No death penalty for killing a non-Muslim is not equal treatment.
What is the source of your information?

With the taliban there are 2 classes- men and women
No school for women and complete covering. Is there complete covering for men? No school for men?

I didn't say Taliban was/are perfect. Women are suffering a lot more because of poverty, feudalism, wars etc. in Afghanistan and Pakistan than because of gender discrimination. For most women in those regions gender equality is a luxury, it's not their first priority. Sort of, it's pointless to buy a parachute when you don't have plane.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 6:08am
candid new - that is why I put the "caste system"  in " "  I should have added a type of .  I mean there is separate treatment if you are Christian, Jewish or anything other then being Muslims. 

The only people that are innocent are Muslims. 

What is the source of your information- there are too many articles to list all of them

Also check out Iran

"According to Mrs Kar, the Iranian jurist, a Muslim is never condemned to death if he kills a non-Muslim. If a male Muslim kills a female Muslim, he is not sentenced to death."
"Mrs Kar also cites the example of the Bahai, whose blood has no value, at least not in the Islamic �Republic� of Iran. Kar writes that, in her entire 22 years as a lawyer in the Islamic �Republic�, she has no recollection of anyone ever being executed for killing a Bahai. Nor does she recall the murderer of a Christian or Jew ever receiving the death penalty. Indeed, Iranian justice constantly stresses that if the murderer of a member of a recognised religious minority such as a Christian or Jew is killed by a non-Muslim, this non-Muslim deserves the death penalty, but a Muslim killer need not fear as much. Articles 226 and 295, which give Muslim judges leeway, provide protection for Muslim killers of non-Muslims. Under article 222, even a mentally ill person can be killed by a healthy Muslim."

I have heard both  that Islam is and  is not compatible with democracy what are your thoughts?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic