IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Pati Pati wrote:

Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

The only thing I am sure of in both of these cases is that sex has already occurred in one and not yet in the other. What will happen is beyond my knowledge.

I think you didn't read the article. Here I pasted you the words of the gir's husband:

http://foro.univision.com/univision/board/message?board.id=elgordoylaflaca&message.id=3877696

Thamer is in jail now. �Yes I was intimate with her, but I have done nothing wrong, as she is my wife and I have the right and no one can stop me," he said. "But if the judge or other people insist that I divorce her, I will do it, it�s ok.�

You can read it in the article.

Regards,
Patricia

I was speaking about the original article posted by Believer.

I know that what happened to the girl in your article is trerrible but at least she's not dead, like the little girl raped and murdered by the Sunday school teacher in the article above.  A woman with her own children whose grandfather is the pastor of the church.....   What does that say about the Christian leadership? It really isn't even safe to send your child to church.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 2:18pm
Hmmmmm.........seems like the muslims are up to their old game in this thread.........the old game being this, that they are judging the Holy Faith of Christ by what some christians do.....

Very silly, really.  If we were doing the same about Islam, we would be saying that Islam caused 9/11 (and x number of other things).  Which we are not saying.  We just stick to what muslim core texts say, and judge Islam on that basis
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 5:52pm
"Very silly, really.  If we were doing the same about Islam, we would be saying that Islam caused 9/11 (and x number of other things).  Which we are not saying.  We just stick to what muslim core texts say, and judge Islam on that basis"

Have you been reading the threads? If you had read the first posts on this particular thread you would know that it is a not quite so tongue-in-cheek response to ALL of the Islam/Muslim bashing occuring here.

But not having been responsible for any of this type of posting yourself I suppose you wouldn't recognise it if you read it.

An example of "sincere" Christian inquiries:

"Is it true then that all moderate Muslims support all radical muslims?"

"I did not realize that Hamas were the heroes of your day that could do not wrong!!"

"Gee, Geert Wilders is getting a lot of heat for talk against a religion, that people have a choice to choose to follow - not a people!!  You are born into your people!!  LOL!!

Have you been keeping up with this?  Here is the latest, but this Sami Alrabaa might get attacked for hate speech too!!  LOL!!

Wilders Prosecution is a Welcome Opportunity to Expose Islam

By Dr. Sami Alrabaa  Saturday, January 31, 2009

Prosecuting Geert Wilders, member of the Dutch Parliament, is a welcome opportunity to expose fascist Islam and radical Muslims. Wilders and his lawyers do not need to go far away to fetch crystal clear evidence that Islam, i.e. the Koran and Hadeeth incite to violence and hatred, and radical Muslims are behind numerous crimes against humanity. 

A summary of quotations from the Koran which clearly incite to hatred and violence can be found in the following link

There is an abundance of fatwas (religious edicts) by Muslim authorities inciting to genocide and suicide attacks against Christians and Jews. All these fatwas are based on the Koran and Hadeeth.

Ali Gom�a, the grand mufti of Egypt, the highest Muslim religious authority in the world, supports murdering non-Muslims. In the daily Al Ahram (April 7, 2008), he says, �Muslims must kill non-believers wherever they are unless they convert to Islam.� He also compares non-Muslims to apes ...."

"I didn't think there was the possibility of blasphemy against Mohammad, but was surprised by the reaction of some Muslims concerning the Mohammad cartoons.

Speaking against Islam and Mohammad seems very different then speaking against GOD.  The Quran clumps those together.  Any Muslims out there that don't clump those together?"

"I can believe that Islam will indeed pit itself against the entire world. And to think, many of your believers actually believe that God is up there in heaven cheerleading for terrorists and suicide bombers."

"I'm sure that they are tired of being victims of Arab Muslim terrorist bombings. When they all leave, all that will be left will be the Zionists, and then they just might show their full power, and unfortunately,  thanks to the hateful terrorist mindset of the Muslim Arabs, they will be Justified in just about anything they have to do to defend themselves."

etc,etc,etc........

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 24 April 2009 at 5:53pm
Eleanor Roosevelt
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 6:49pm
Well I ca nsee the interfaith knowledge growing on this thread.. sigh..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Salome View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 6:50pm
     The church does frown on pedifiles although the Catholic church has had a real beating here in the US.
     Please remember there are different names of Christianity- Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant, Nazarene, etc. the list goes on and on.  I know there is only one Islam but isn't there different types of Muslims ? Sunni, Shia, and Wahabi, am I correct ? What makes each of them different, is it by region, belief, cultural ?
     It would be unfair to point out the bad things in religion and can be very hurtful to some people ( not me, I don't really care because I know who I am and what I believe ).  Religion is a very personal thing, it defines how we worship and also our very character. We all have our own personal relationship with God/ Allah and that should always be respected.

Salome
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been
the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going too far.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Well I ca nsee the interfaith knowledge growing on this thread.. sigh..

LOL 

But ya know, sometimes it's cathartic to just return the volley in kind... try it, you know you want to.... 
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 4:18pm
I feel honored that my comments have such sticking power.  Hope you remember the context of the threads too.

Doo bop - the problem is that the Quran is just vague enough that many groups- Taliban, Al-Quaeda, etc. believe that Islam condones killing of non-muslims.

Yes we have had a few nut jobs here and there bombing at abortion clinics thinking that is the Christian way.

The Gospel does not order the Christian to kill or condone killing.  It just can't be read into the Gospel the way is can the Quran.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Salome View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 12:11pm
     I actually beg to differ with Believer, it's not that the Qu'ran is vague. Most  of the " radical groups" in Islam I'm sure can not read and those that can exploit that and tell them ( the illiterate ) anything they wish to.
   Most Christians have never read the bible, so anyone can tell you what they want you to hear, i.e. David Koresh ( The Branch Davidians- Waco, TX )
    I think to say that the Qu'ran  Is vague is demeaning to the Muslim faith, I'm sure some translation gets lost between Arabic and English but they try to make sure that it gets close to what it says. The same goes with the Holy Bible- you have from the King James version to the Living Bible.

Read the Qu'ran..... I plan to, my husband has two.

Salome 
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been
the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going too far.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic