IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Salat & Qiblah for BlackBerry  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salat & Qiblah for BlackBerry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badr22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salat & Qiblah for BlackBerry
    Posted: 09 April 2009 at 1:15pm
As many of you, I carry a BlackBerry phone. I've been quite unhappy with some of the applications out there that provide prayer times. So instead of complaining about it, I decided to build my own app.

The app I built provides prayer times based on your current location using GPS, has an audio call to payer and provides the direction to Mecca using the build-in BlackBerry maps feature.

If you'd like to know more about the app, you can visit my website at
www.salatapp.com

Would like to know what you think of it. I'm open to feedback and ideas for improvement.

Thanks!
Badr
tdnoqrashy View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdnoqrashy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 9:01am
Jazak Allah Khairan Brother Badr22
I got this app from Appworld, in Canada
I am in toronto and service provider is Telus
I have installed on Storm

Couple of challenges:
1. No sound comes out even if setting is active and at 100
2. Qibla in Canada shows without map even if teh location is available on BB Maps
3. The screen constantly have a keyboard on and does not change to lsndscape mode

You may contact me on tdnoqrashy at gmail. com

Gazak Allah Khairan

Edited by icforumadmin - 22 April 2009 at 2:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic