IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Profiles: gender and religion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profiles: gender and religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profiles: gender and religion
    Posted: 28 March 2009 at 9:30pm
Salam/Peace

We added gender and religion on member's profile.

These are optional, however we suggest to members to add these info into your profile, so hopefully by knowing the background better you can convey your message better.

To update just click Member%20Control%20Panel%20MenuSettings

Thanks,

Admin

Edited by icforumadmin - 28 March 2009 at 9:31pm
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 2:12am

As Salamu Alaikum

Admin, we upgraded our profiles after this announcement. You also did let me know that reason, behind letting know our genders.

I really don't like brothers in islam getting into sisters section. Its not an islamic etiquette. If at all they are to discuss, we have all other sections open to them.

Hope you shall take up necessary action, soon.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 7:34am

Asslamu Alaikum

I agree with sister seekshidayath, male members have the whole forum for them.  At first, when I was here for few days, I did not know the whole thing about forums.   Now I am with her.

After being disturbed by  a male member here I deleted the all information about me.
 Please please, could we have the sisters room all private? Then we will feel free to talk more about ourselves and be closer sisters.

When I want males reply I know where I should post.

We can suggest that one of female moderators take the job and be responsible for the sisters' room to be just for sisters. I do care so much for this forum and the sisters here.Smile
  I was happy for the private forum for sisters and we thank you for, may Allah bless your effort, but as you see not all sisters know about this nor use it.

Hope you shall take up necessary action, soon.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 03 December 2009 at 7:28pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 9:11am
Unless ID check is done, guys can sneak in the sisters-only section disguised as women... and then what?

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Unless ID check is done, guys can sneak in the sisters-only section disguised as women... and then what?

True...

Actually, what will happen is - the good brothers with Imaan and Taqwa might stay away (even though they are the ones who don't "sneak around" secretly, they post and make their presence known - which I think is kind of nice of them rather than "snooping secretly". )

While the other brothers, who simply like snooping and have no valuable input to share - they can still log in as females. So can other non-muslim males....

Just adding 2 cents...
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 4:15am
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

OK brother Saladin, first you are not of that kind who bother us. Then, I like it when they appear with their names in seated of sneaking. Some of the male members who I am sure they are VERY respective mashallah had replied to some sisters' posts on our page, but brother some others posting TOO many posts on the sisters' forum only as of they do not see anything except that. They follow the sisters' forum and post there everyday. Shocked

Now you see what I mean dear brother?

That is why I greed with sister Seekshidayath. One comment or two sometimes  really do not bother anyone but everyday.Confused!!

Edited by Full of Hopes - 10 December 2009 at 4:19am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 4:35am
I think Sis Hopes is referring to some particular 'Creepy Stalker Brother'. . . who has been creating some mischief.

She is just too nice and God-Fearing to mention that in public. I think the best option would be to reveal that particular "Brother" to the Mods, so that they can be dealt with in private without an issue.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 9:45am

Well, mods... the sisters need a break.... Make the 'creepy stalker bro' go.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic