IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Duas of some Messengers and other Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duas of some Messengers and other Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 5:19am

This is the calligraphy of the Dua of Yunus (A.S) from above "La ilaha illa Anta...
from Verse from the Holy Quran in Surah, AL-Anbeya'a, verse 87.
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 6:22am

These are very beautiful Jamal. The script - calligraphy.  I noted some of these in a mosque and always admire them, for their aesthetic beauty alone.

It would take me at least forty years in the desert, practising, to even begin to learn to 'write' like that.

It's so perfect. Real symmetry.

I had been talking to a friend - Christians about Islam, and one of them sent me something he found online the other day. A powerpoint on numbers. How numbers are written in English from arabic - algorithms -  the number 1 has one angle, 2 has two angles etc.

I must see if I can find and post on forum somehwere.

What is the Dua of Yunus ?
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 4:01am

Are there any software progs out there that will transliterate (?) from English to arabic ? I know Google does a lot of languages, and I know it's not always the most accurate. However.

I've heard it said that they are better said in arabic, and for a person who believes this, I like to give it that added dimension by sending a little du'a, prayer or saying, even hadith IF possible, in arabic - or my attempt at it. God in Heaven alone knows what it really translates as. I just pray the recipient understands my intent at least.

I once sent someone something thinking it meant, "may the peace and joy of the inhabitants of jannah be yours too."

I was told it read, "may you rot and burn in hell you filthy unbelieving son of a pig."  Something like that. Good job I was well known by this person or I'd have died of embarrassment. The person I'd aksed to translate thought he was being very funny.

I sent it back and broke his jaw with it. 

Kidding !!! Bout the broken jaw :-)

It would have been funny perhaps under other circumstances, but I was really wanting to make the effort to lift the person's spirits at the time. Maybe it did - maybe he did think it funny.

Edited by Gulliver - 05 April 2009 at 4:03am
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 3:32am
As Salamu Alaikum Brother jam_sal,Mashallah [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 06 April 2009 at 3:32am
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 3:58am
Originally posted by jam_sal jam_sal wrote:

Dua of Ibrahim (Abraham (A.S)) for widom and piety:

Here is a lovely audio of the Dua of Ibrahim

http://trueword.wordpress.com/2007/08/20/awesome-dua/
jam_sal View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam_sal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 5:36pm
Assalaam aleikum Big%20smile

Also a very beautiful Dua that i didn't remember Sleepy :

Dua of Sulaiman (A.S) to Allah:

رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَى وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِي بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِي عِبَادِكَ الصَّالِحِينَ (27:19)

Rabbi awziAAnee an ashkura niAAmataka allatee anAAamta AAalayya

waAAala walidayya waan aAAmala salihan tardahu waadkhilnee

birahmatika fee AAibadika alssaliheena

"My Lord! Inspire and bestow upon me the power and ability that I

may be grateful for Your Favours which You have bestowed on me and

on my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please

You, and admit me by Your Mercy among Your righteous slaves."

[Quran, An-Naml (The Ants) 27:19]

AMIIN!!!!!!!!!!!
jam_sal View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam_sal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 1:44pm
Wasalaam Aleikum

Bismillah

A Precious Gem: Prophetic Hadith Eliminating Grief and Distress

Extract from the book: A Collection Of Wise Sayings

[Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya]

It is recorded in Musnad Ahmad and Sahih Abu Hatim on the Authority of �Abdullah bin Mas�ud that the messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, �Whoever was afflicted with grief and distress and says, �All�humma inny �abduk, wa ibn �abdik, wa ibn amatik,n�siyaty biyadik, m�din fiyya hukmuk, �Adiun fiyya qad�uk, as�aluka bikul ism huwa lak, sammaita bihi nafsak, aw anzaltahu fy kit�bik, aw �allamtahu ahadan min khalqik, aw ista�tharta bihi fy �ilmilghaibi �indik, an taj�ala al-qur��na rab�a qalby, wa n�ra sadry, wa jal� huzny, wa dhah�ba hammy(O Allah! I am Your Servant, the son of Your Servant, the son of your Maid servant. You have control over me. Your Judgment is executed on me. Your decree on me is just. I ask you by each name of Yours by which You have called yourself, revealed in your book, taught to any of Your servants, or kept as a secret in the knowledge of the unseen with You, to make the Qur��n the spring (delight) of my heart, the light of my chest, the eliminator of my sorrow, and the remover of my worries) Allah, the Exalted and Ever-Majestic, will remove his grief and will change his sorrow into happiness.

It was said, �O Messenger of Allah! (Do) we have to learn these words?�. He said, �Yes, whoever hears them should learn them.�

The great prophetic tradition implies certain matters of knowledge, monotheism and submission, for example the supplicant starts by saying, �I am Your servant, the son of Your servant, and the son of Your maid servant.� This includes the forefathers of the supplicant until we reach Adam and Eve. In other words, the supplication indicates submission and full compliance to Allah, besides the confession of being his servant along with his forefathers.

It asserts the fact that the servant has no one but his Lord, His blessings and His graces. Whenever his Lord ignores him, surely he is a looser, with no refuge or support.

This confession means, I am in dire need of you, and I have no supporter or refuge other than you and it infers that the supplicant is submissive, obedient, and forbearing. He acts according to his submission to Allah, not according to his feelings of self-sufficiency. To provide help and comfort is the role of kings and masters, not servants. However, the actions of servants are based on submission, in order to reach the level of those obedient servants described by Allah, the Exalted.

Allah says, which means, �Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves.�(Al-Hijr, 15:42)

And He, the Almighty says, which means, �And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness.� (Al-Furqan, 25:63)

Submission

The correct meaning of, �I am your servant� indicates full submission, compliance, and repentance to Allah, as well as being obedient to one�s Lord and avoiding His prohibitions, depending on Him, seeking His help and support, seeking refuge in Him from evil, and finally being related to Him  with feelings of love, fear and hope.

It also indicates, �I am your servant in all cases, whether young or grown up, living or dead, obedient or disobedient, in a good condition or otherwise (i.e being afflicted in the soul, heart, tongue or bodily organs)�

Moreover, it means, �I am all yours, both my money and myself�, for the servant and all that which he possesses belong to his master.

It also means, �You are the one who bestowed all those blessings upon me, so those blessings are really yours.�

It also includes, �I can�t act freely in that which you granted me, either my money or myself, except by Your orders, as no servant can behave freely except with his master�s permission. I can neither hurt nor benefit myself, and I possess no power (of causing) death, nor (of giving) life, nor of raising the dead.

So, if he really believes in all that which was previously mentioned, then he has confessed his full submission to Allah.

The sentence. �My forelock is in your hands�, means, � I cannot act freely as far as my soul is concerned�. By no means is the servant in charge of himself. The master owns him, and he is weaker than any worthless slave whose forelock is in the grasp of a powerful and mighty ruler. It is so much more than that.

Whenever the servant of Allah confesses the fact that his forelock and the forelock of all other servants are in the grasp of Allah (i.e under his control), he will neither fear nor aspire to any wordly sovereign nor will he overestimate them, because he knows quite well that they are but subdued servants, whose destiny is controlled by Allah.

Whoever confesses this fact, surely will stand in need of Allah and whenever he witnesses the reality of other people, he will neither overestimate them nor exaggerate in seeking their support. In this way, his belief, trust and submission will be turned to Allah alone.

This is the reason behind Hud�s speech to his people when he said in the Quranic verse, that which means:

�I put my trust in Allah, my lord and your lord! There is not a moving (living) creature but He has grasp of its forelock. Verily, my lord is on the straight Path (the truth).� (Hud, 11:56)

The sentence, �Your Judgment is executed on me. Your decree on me is just�, implies two themes, the first of which is the execution of his judgment on his servant.

The second theme implies praising Him and that His decree is just, in addition to the fact that Allah, the Exalted, is the Dominioin, and that to him belong all praise and thanks, and that is the meaning of Hud�s words, �There is not a moving (living) creature but He has grasp of its forelock,� and also his words, �Verily, my lord is on the Straight Path (the truth)�. In other words, despite the fact that Allah is the Dominion, the Almighty and the Controller of the destiny of His servants as their forelocks are in His grasp, yet he is on the straight path.

He is the just one, Who overseas his servants� affairs justly. He is on the straight path in His words, His actions, His judgment, His destiny, His commandments, His prohibitions, His rewards and His punishments. His verses are truthful, His Judgment is correct, and His commandments are beneficial. He prohibited all that which is evil and mischievous. His reward descends upon those who deserve his mercy and grace. His punishment descends upon those who deserve torment by means of His justice and wisdom.

Young-Muslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young-Muslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 5:02pm
Mashallah Thank you all so much for putting your time into posting these for fellow muslims.  May Allah smile on you all.
Sister jam_sal do you by any chance know the name of that dua you posted???

Edited by Young-Muslim - 09 June 2009 at 5:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic