IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

All homosexuals should be stoned to death, says Muslim preacher of hate

Is this a man true follower of Islam?

What does that Bible say?

Deuteronomy 22:25 is talking about a man raping a girl who was spoken for, and his his punishment is death.

Why couldn't you just answer the question that was asked?
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 12:17am
While the gruesome question still lingers:
Would I ever sit by idly if a homosexual was being attacked in any way?
No. On the contrary, with full force, I would defend them against violence, whether physical or the emotional violence that would lead them to drugs, suicide, self-repression, etc.
Would I then philosphically/religiously justify or encourage any form of violence or ostracizing against them?
No.
Do I think they are sinning/hated by God/etc because they are gay?
No.
Do I realize this probably runs counter to the more popular conventional and religious instruction regarding gays?
Yes.
After this post, do I still hope Sign Reader kind of likes me/tolerates me?
Yes.
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 12:40am

"Islam the religion is not corrupt, how could it be? Perhaps some of those who claim Islam as their religion are corrupt, but that's a different story."

Now that's an interesting opinion.

Help me understand here Shasta. Why exactly isn't the religion of Islam 'corrupt' ?  On what do you base this opinion/belief of yours ? If you can prove to me the religion of Islam is not corrupt - I'll say the Shahada today :-)
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 1:19am

"Gulliver's paranoia about Shari'a " ?  You give your shar'ia, like your opinions on so many matters, far far too much credit, friend :-)

"Mirror, mirror on the wall......   who is the fairest of them all ?!"  Great moral in this, for many here. 

Last time I looked in the mirror, it  "cracked from side to side.......   the curse has come upon me, cried........   "  'I've gotten religion.   It did crack too. Friggin thing. Guess my stunning gorgeousness was too much for it. lol

I have never said, do not say, or will EVER say that these things are excusable. If it were up to me, I'd shoot the b'stds !!  After I'd ripped parts of their bodies out, shoved them down their throats, and choked them stone dead. The 'nurse' - I'd think of something interesting there too - long, slow and painful. 

You see - I am very much into Shar'ia.  It's a perfect means of assuring justice is served.

Let me ask you Shasta, and Hayfa.

Could either of you - under ANY circumstances, see yourselves committing any of these horrific acts ? If not, WHY not ? If yes, why so ? This will show me, partly what you are truly made of, and if you are people I'd look to for 'spiritual' guidance as a wanna be true believer.

Self knowledge is a sure path to God.

I am surprised at you Hayfa, who can quote Rumi, not even beginning to grasp what it being hinted at here.  Love, love, love - a big orgy - everyone does what they like and no consequences.  That's what Christianity - being as rotten and corrupt as it is, is all about.

Or maybe you do know, and we are all just seriously misunderstanding each other from silly posts on the internet, which we all know happens ALL the time - esp on forums about the two great NO NO's - religion and politics :-)

""forgive at all cost, unconditionally love the sinners" group.

Where are these people ?

OK, I am not claiming to be Christian or Muslim, or any other variant of same/similar. I want those in the know, full of all knoweldge and truth to help me understand what they profess, believe to such a degree I might be able to believe it too and accept the 'religion'.

Shasta and Hayfa, and anyone else who cares to - I'd like that you try to answer my questions above, IF you care to, and get the time. Thank you.

God bless

"Love the sinner' is, in my belief, something that was said to ME, not someone else.

We could all, every single one of us have been a Nazi, and done what the worst Nazis did. There are a few 'nazis' here that I can tell :-) That's the real point. What makes anyone a 'sinner' - a 'nazi. When we are really capable of understanding that - as God does, then we might be able to talk about 'justice' and 'hating' the 'sin'.

How in God's name it went from gay people to Nazis, holocausts, rapists and murderers is a mystery to me. Says so very very much about how ignorant some people truly are, how very, very dangerous and why good compassionate, merciful loving people want nothing to do with them, or their 'religion'. By their fruits you shall know them.

Edited by Gulliver - 04 April 2009 at 2:56am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 1:41am

Considering these stories, I see things like this happening in this country too. The abuse of the elderly - attacks, beatings, killings. Twenty years ago you would NEVER EVER have heard of such things in Ireland. It just did not happen. Older people were respected to a far greater degree than they are now. Now the place is over run with drink, drugs, rape, murder and the rest. Orthodox religion is on the decline. Are they linked  ? I am sure that is a whole argument in itself. I was listening to the radio yesterday morning. A professor of psychiatry come to give a talk in Dublin. I just caught the beginning of the programme. He was talking about faith and mental health. That all the research in the 'West' - done predominantly on Christianity indicates that people with 'faith' have higher rates of mental health. Humanists, with an ethical code too it seems. Was interesting. They had not real stats on Islam - not yet.

I have wondered about the 'death penalty'.  I think that a person of faith has the lessons to learn for themselves, ultimately. Whatever the society they live in tells them - even the 'religion'. If there is a God and we face that God one day, we will answer for ourselves, no one else. Our hearts searched through and through as to why we believed such a thing to the degree we acted on it - especially if it wished for the death of another. We will need to have the 'answers' in our hearts as to why we wished for another what we might not have wished for ourselves - death.

That is not saying the 'death penalty' is right or wrong. Just thoughts. 

As usual am rushed. So forgive if not as clear as should/might be.

Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 2:32am

Hi Leland, maybe you and I can journey together with our thoughts. It is mostly my own thinking, thoughts, introspections that I put out there and seek to answer. That is an interesting thought of yours - the Oneness in the beginning. Isn't it often through these things, separateness, even sin and death, that we learn what we truly have in common - the 'good' and the 'bad'.

Jesus said, "That they be One as we are One." Some suggest this is about the different factions/denominations in religion. But that doesn't seem to fit the context. What is 'eternity' anyway. Anyone ever really try and think about that. If we existed as every sub atomic particle - at it tiniest level - of every thing or being that ever existed, will exist, for the 'time' that it exists - we would not even have begun 'eternity'.  I know 'time' and the 'eternal' are supposed to be experienced differently. However. 

If the created mirrors at some level the 'un'created - spiritual realm/s. Then perhaps there is a spiritual 'big bang'. Expansion from unity to what seems disunity, all its diversity - and then collapses into a One again. And then starts all over. Science shows that there is order in what seems chaos. Just as particles fly and flail about, banging into each other - so too do worlds, galaxies, universes collide in creating and re creating - 'solids','liquids' and 'gases'.  Metaphorical here folks - don't be giving me one - unless it's the reality of the One ;-)

I read somewhere a while back that all the angels except Iblis bowed to Adam, cause Adam had God's spirit as part of his makeup. Similar biblical theme - the ol' devil was 'jealous'. The same piece said that the angel Jibril/Gabriel could only rise to a certain height and no more with Muhammad his journey through the heavens, as Muhammad had that Godly spirit breathed ito him and Jibril was made purely of light.

God's spirit could rise beyond the created to 'un'created.  As man would seem to be part created/clay, and un created - God's own breathed in spirit.

Anyway........

Interesting.

Must get Richard Dawkins over here for a cuppa tea ;-) lol

I am not even gonna bother with this 'gay' argument anymore. Muhammad himself said, "Wish for your brother what you wish for your self."  It's very telling when certain people from 'minorities' - be they religious, ethnic or anything other variation thereof - would choose to believe something, erroneously in my humble opinion, that would have TEHM CHOOSE for their brothers and sisters a life of condemnation and 'hell'.  May the truly Good God enlighten and forgive them for the vile sinful filthy adulterous heathens they truly are.

I have spokeneth and my word is TRUE ;-) lol

Well, at least partly.  

Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

Why couldn't you just answer the question that was asked?

Bible also talks about death penalty.Here is some example:

Lev 19:20 And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free. Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Death Penalty In The Bible
 http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/1528.htm

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 6:29am
Originally posted by ops155 ops155 wrote:

Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Nice try Believer, but eunuchs have a gender but are sexless.

And all sins are not equal, hence the 10 Commandments. Even the NT states that a person who mocks the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Hmmm wrong, all sins can be forgiven with the exception of suicide.

Hmmm, not according to the Bible:

Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven,but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Mark 3:28Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter;

29but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"--

30because they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit."

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
  Share Topic