IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why pork is HARAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why pork is HARAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 9:16am
Thanks Chrysalis for the added clarification!
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 3:10pm
The debate about prohibition of pork is as old as the divine scriptures and there has been no definitive and unequivocal position accepted by the majority of humanity...It matters not if the pigs life style is filthy or it's flesh contains some factors of Trichinosis, this will not keep pork lovers from its consumption as long as they cook it well enough...Even Buddhist won't stop with knowledge that their Buddha died of pork related illness...With modern farming and assembly line delivery systems in the scientifically aware countries, with food regulations the lack of pig's cleanliness becomes less of an issue...
So what is core issue? I think it is love of the pork and and other products  are part and parcel of materialistic thinking....

Bacon mania

The United States has seen an increase in popularity of bacon and bacon related recipes, dubbed "bacon mania". Dishes such as bacon explosion, chicken fried bacon, and chocolate covered bacon have been popularized over the internet, as has using candied bacon. Recipes spread quickly through the national media, culinary blogs, and YouTube. Restaurants are organizing bacon and beer tasting nights, The New York Times reported on bacon infused with Irish whiskey used for Saint Patrick's Day cocktails, and celebrity chef Bobby Flay has endorsed a "Bacon of the Month" club online, in print, and on national television.

Commentators explain this surging interest in bacon by reference to what they deem American cultural characteristics. Sarah Hepola, in a 2008 article in Salon.com, suggests a number of reasons, one of them that eating bacon in the modern, health-conscious world is an act of rebellion: "Loving bacon is like shoving a middle finger in the face of all that is healthy and holy while an unfiltered cigarette smolders between your lips." She also suggests bacon is sexy (with a reference to Sarah Katherine Lewis' book Sex and Bacon), kitsch, and funny. Hepola concludes by saying that "Bacon is American":

Bacon is our national meat. The pig is not an elegant animal, but it is smart and resourceful and fated to wallow in mud. A scavenger. A real scrapper.

Alison Cook, writing in the Houston Chronicle (she calls bacon "democratic"), concurs, arguing the case of bacon's American citizenship by referring to historical and geographical uses of bacon. Early American literature echoes the sentiment�in Ebenezer Cooke's 1708 poem The Sot-Weed Factor, a satire of life in early colonial America, the narrator already complains that practically all the food in America was bacon-infused:

What is meant by a colloquial expression "bring home the bacon" and have honey baked ham ordered on holidays should tell you where does the American or the western culture sit at...vis- a-vis scriptural edicts! The bacon stands for money...and together a rebellion against god...
While observing the current sub prime driven banking worldwide financial rip off by the American investment banksters some thing very poignant came into view ........
The pig is representative symbol of the banking system and they finally smashed the kids piggy bank and the people are wondering what happened and we have a same porkers President who is trying to stuff the banks with more of fiat money to be paid by the children and their children taxes just like a swine will consume its young if need be!
Beside flesh of swine God has strongly prohibited the usury(interest) in all of his scriptures!

But the western banking system i.e.,PIG which has been building up since the time immemorial but faster since the rise of the western colonial world with the combined efforts of the Judeo Christian powers controlled by the Jewish Banking Cabal. Most Jews particularly the reformed go for pork with gusto too...
They had been fattening this pig and its branches for a long time and then they have run away with the bacon after slaughtering it last year..The way pig grows the same way the fractional banking system ( a big subject by itself)grows and that is the main reason the interest system run by such system is haram....cuz they go hand in hand... a person collecting usury will hate giving of Zakat that is a core pillar for the Islamic system... This is one of the reason Islamic world is in trouble and anyone challenging the western banking will be run out of town by the colonial agents who are filling their pork barrels while being so called Muslims...
It is a recent phenomena that Muslims have forced their dietary laws into Euro American scene but the with Pork laden banking system overwhelms most of  Islamic life style cuz it is so pervading and ubiquitous in it's toxic effects that after while just watching dietary rules become moot!

When things go bad it is just misery and nothing else, you can see the world's poor that includes US too who thought the world banking will help them, they are suffering big time...
I won't go in more detail for brevity. It is already too long that I was afraid of...The nature of this animal!!!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 May 2009 at 9:37pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

This is especially interesting because they have not been mentioned in Quran Therefore, Allah provided explicit instructions about the pigs and not about other animals.
As Salamu Alaikum AhmadJoyia,The Holy Quran does mention many animals that are not Halal,such as scavangers,rats,birds of prey.Allah Ta ala says that we shouldnt go near the pigs.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

I dont think its true that pigs dont have viens. . . all mammals do.
As Salamu Alaikum Sister Chrysalis,excuse me all for my misinformation I was going off of memory I said veins I should have said sweat glands in wich they cant release toxins in there body threw sweat it comes out as puss threw a hole in there huff.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 8:25am
Thanks bro Akhe for the correction, however, I simply talked about "explicitly". Other than pork, I don't know if any other animal is 'explicitly' mentioned in Quran for being haaram. Can you guide me in this? Thanks again.
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 12:46pm

Bon swarrrrrrrr mes amis. I'm back ;-) Been away for a while.

Now Miss Budgie. What's this about not slaughtering an innocent little animal infront of another innocent little animal ? Might traumatise and terrorise the poor little things. It shouldn't if those lovely creatures were intended for slaughter and human consumption.  I am appalled. I thought you were vegan. You carnivores are all utterly depraved and evil. Murdering and munching on God's wonderful creatures. Shame, shame, shame.  I hope a big ET comes down one day and devours all the human carnivores on the planet. Oh, the omnivores too. Let's not be exclusive.

Learn to do what I do. Live on fresh air :-)

Are there any links to pig meat and cancer ? Specifically prostate cancer.

I had little skin lesion on my temple for two years, and discovered one on the upper back recently. Doc said were solar keratoses - and are pre cancerous if not treated. Burned off with liquid nitrogen and hopefully that's them gone. My Muslim friend said, "I kept telling you to stop eating bacon and sausages and how good it is for your skin not to eat pigs, cause they eat their own s.hhhht and everything." He's obsessed with shhhhht. Had me laughing.  I said the sun cause these things, not pigs- even shhhhhh eating pigs.  We rarely see the sun here anyway and I was never a sun worshipper. Blue eyes, very fair skin and hair. I burned too easily, so stayed out of it.

So if I give up my big morning fry ups, will my skin improve ? Actually I don't eat the stuff that often - bacon and sausages that is.

Edited by Gulliver - 22 May 2009 at 12:50pm
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 5:04pm
So if I give up my big morning fry ups, will my skin improve ? Actually I don't eat the stuff that often - bacon and sausages that is.

Well maybe you could do a study and find out...  Smile
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 6:31am

I just might try that :-)

I'd become a vegetarian if possible. If a little, or even a BIG spider crawls up the bath plug I won't kill it. I take it up and leave it outside. I think, "there is no scientist who can give life to this marvellous little creature, and I have no right to destroy it."

Then I think of all those animals, killed 'humanely' that we eat. We are such hypocrites don't you think.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic