IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran memorisation project !  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quran memorisation project !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quran memorisation project !
    Posted: 12 March 2009 at 6:32pm
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatuallah wa Barakaatuh,

I think I have a great idea to memorise Quran for the sake of Allah and it will also bring us together. This will require dedication.

1st: We choose a surah

2nd: We memorise a few versus everyday and we post our name in everyday to confirm memorisation.

3nd: In no time we will have that surah done and move on to the next one.

We can memorise and celebrate together at the end of the surah. Smile

Cry cry with joy

Please do post here if you can commit to a few surahs everyday for memorisation. It doesn't matter if only one will join me in this project. I am hoping that someone if not everyone will participate!!

Jazak allah khayr

P.S please do not read without considering. This is for Allah's sake

�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 7:21pm

Walaikum Salam wa rahmatullah

Ok brother. Am with you. We will start up with the name of Allah swt

Which is the first surah, we are to memorise.

May we do it only for the sake of Allah swt, not for the sake of confirming our memorisation over boards. Let us keep reminding this intention of ours to each other. Hope our other members too join. We will give a start, insha Allah, they shall join.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 7:33pm
Mashallah brother. I agree with everything.

Our first surah should be a surah that is medium/ long....

You can suggest the first inshallah. Don't worry this will be my first long surah to memorise. I know short surahs only. You may suggest any.

Also, i have a few people who joined my group here for this
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 10:48am
As'sallumualaikum,

Just read this thread of yours. I think it is such a good idea. May Allah give you sawaab.

Just curious, how did this project of yours go? Hope that inshAllah it is going well...

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 9:34pm
Alhamdulilah my arabic is limited and it gives me slight difficulties. I am striving and struggling to learn it with all of my heart. A brother and I are memorising inshallah and we are really trying fe sabeel Allah.
Are you interested? You can try everyday a few ayat or so and tell everyone of your status.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 12:22am
I don't know, why but i see a changed Jihadx, is n't it, sis Chrysalis ?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 4:30am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

I don't know, why but i see a changed Jihadx, is n't it, sis Chrysalis ?

Yes Sister, I agree with you ! Our Bro Jihad has changed a lot. . .
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 8:34am

OH!! Allah Akbar!! I am here with you.. brother Jihad and my two sisters,,Hug

I am happy for this plan..
Jump%20For%20Joy

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic