IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are Women Allowed to visit Graveyards?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are Women Allowed to visit Graveyards?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote |2 e e |\| u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 12:43pm
Thankyou Very Much all of you... for sharing the knowledge....
But can anyone please reply my Second Part Of question also??
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:51am

So, what is the final answer to the Question of females visiting Grave yards?  All three fatawa's differ from each other in some degree or so..Some scholars say it is forbidden and the other say it is not. So who is to be followed? Why so much confusion?

I think, this simply because Fatawas are mere opinions and don't have any binding upon literate Muslim.

In this case, in my understanding, after going through the narrations of above mentioned fatawas, there is no restrictions on females (of all ages) to visit the grave yards for the good purpose. They are not allowed to do bad things, any where, and not just in the grave yards. Thus the prohibition of doing bad things is redundant and theirfore meaningless. Now, here everyone knows what is good and what is bad. If someone is doing 'shirk', it is bad whether it is inside the grave yard or out side of it. similarly, if someone is young and can't control his/her emotions, then it is bad whether is is inside the grave yard or out of it, irrespective. I hope you would be more wiser in understanding the 'essence' of what the Scholars are trying to convey to in these 'fatawas'.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic