IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wrong Chinese text in Avatar  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wrong Chinese text in Avatar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrong Chinese text in Avatar
    Posted: 10 July 2005 at 1:25am

Assalam alaikum!

Islamicity Forum offers many avatars for the registered members.

However, I found one avatar which shows the meaning of 'Peace' with Kanzi (Chinese text) is wrong. the word 'peace' is '��ƽ', but I saw 'ƽ��' on the avatar. That is different.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 1:33am

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brother,

Welcome to islamicity,i think u are writing from China,please share ur thoughts with us because i don't know any of a user from China,u may enlighten us about islam in China and it's new economical situation effects the world...i wish u will love ur stay,insh'allah...

Edited by Suleyman
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 3:12am

Assalamu alaikum Brother Alfandi,

OH, OH!!!  What does this avatar say then?  I hope it is not something bad!!!!  Please let me know.  I will change it if it is.  Thank you for pointing this out.  I love kanzi symbols, they are so beautiful.

I have some of them on my arm (tattoos I got years ago, before I was a Muslim).  After I got them I worried that they might not say what I intended.  Then I met a lady from China (whose last name was Hui, by the way) and she read them right away and they were correct (thank goodness, since they don't come off!!!).

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 8:38am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah

The Kanji in sister Ummziba's Avatar reads "Heiwa" in Japanese, which means peace.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 8:52am

Assalamu alaikum Sister Nausheen and welcome back!

Glad to see you back on the boards!  I hope all is well with you and your family.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 9:04pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah

Originally posted by Ummziba Ummziba wrote:

Glad to see you back on the boards!  I hope all is well with you and your family.

Alhamdulillah all is well at my end sis. Jazak allah khair, and I hope the same for you, as well as everyone else.

Am not sure for how long am here, but I haven't returned on a regular basis yet.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Arabian View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 9:46pm
Suleyman,

You said, "u may enlighten us about islam in China."  Have you ever witnessed Asians perform du'aa in Chinese/Japanese/ even Korean?  It is a most beautiful sight!  I watched this a few months back and I must say, every hair on my body stood on end.

Peace,
Arabian
�...the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before We clove them asunder, and We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?�
(The Quran, 21:30)
Alfandi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 1:11am

In Chinese, peace is '��ƽ' (just reverse the order of the two characters in the avatar), and reads as 'Her Ping'.

'ƽ��' is also a good word, it describes one's personality: peaceful, gentle.

Islam came to China about 1000 years ago. Three sahabas had been to China long long ago. Today there are about 20,000 mosqes in China. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic