IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bridges TV CEO Arrested  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBridges TV CEO Arrested

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 8:44am
Refer to the thread Appollos (women in islam) made, supposedly to show how women in Islam are treated badly (somthing u believe also) . . . answers ur questions.

And look whose talking!!! someone whose religion and bible both suppress women . . . it doesnt even measure up to what you call "conservative islam" whatver that is!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 1:31pm
LOL!!  I guess you didn't read my comment:

"I don't believe that Islam causes it but believe sharia may give men too easy of a way out."

My question is why doesn't Islam stop it?

I would say Taliban is conservative Islam.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 5:13am
Taliban is an 'extremist' version of Muslims . . . it is not conservative Islam.

Shariah Law, as explained by Qur'an and Sunnah is part and parcel of Islam.

Why doesnt Islam stop what? Honor Killings? Under Islamic rule, the perpetrator of an Honor Killing will be tried for murder. . . the public is not allowed to take things in thier own hands.

Also, anybody who charges/blames another Muslim for an act of decency without any proof - under shariah - is punishable by law. I dont think any other govt/political system has a severe punishment for slandering and destroying an honest person's reputation.

EVEN if the suspect's guilt is proven beyond any reasonable doubt - a member of the public cannot kill/harm them. If they do so, they can be punished accordingly. Only the govt can do something about it.

So you see, Islam does stop 'it'.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 12:21pm
Yes Chrysalis I agree,  but there are some on this forum that believe the Taliban is good and they see nothing wrong with them!?!

In which islamic country is shariah working so well?

Are the laws equal for non-muslims? 
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Yes Chrysalis I agree,  but there are some on this forum that believe the Taliban is good and they see nothing wrong with them!?!

Are the laws equal for non-muslims? 

Why doesn't Christianity stop rape, murder, domestic and child abuse, etc... etc.... etc....

For perhaps the one millionth time, there are no Islamic countries in existence right now and there are certainly no Islamic governments. Not even close. And once again, if an Islamic country with a truly Islamic government existed then according to the Quran non-Muslims would be judged according to their religion, not Islam, in such matters.

BTW: the Taliban are conservation Muslims the way Jim Jones was a conservative Christian.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 02 March 2009 at 1:11pm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Yes Chrysalis I agree, �but there are some on this forum that believe the Taliban is good and they see nothing wrong with them!?!

Are the laws equal�for non-muslims?�

For perhaps the one millionth time, there are no Islamic countries in existence right now and there are certainly no Islamic governments.
As Salamu Alaikum Shata'sAunt,Is this true,what about Bangladesh,Pakistan,Indonesia and Damascus? Im not 100% on these Countries just asking   

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 03 March 2009 at 5:44am
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 5:53am
As Salamu Alaikum Brother and Sisters,Believer the fact of the matter is that the form of government in its existance today,is against any form of Islamic government.
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 5:53am
As Salamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,Believer the fact of the matter is that the form of government in its existance today,is against any form of Islamic government.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 05 March 2009 at 7:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic